Dutch Passion Dutch Passion for outdoor med grow

Humanrob

Perpetual Beginner
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DIY - CBD:THC Edibles
I used to grow year round indoors and out (started with photos), but at this point I'm down to one outdoor production grow, totaling six plants, all autos. So I need to choose my strains pretty carefully. Summer of 2020 I did all Mephisto, six plants/five strains and netted over 2lbs., so that'll cover the med patient for the year. In addition to meeting my quantity requirements, all the plants produced very high quality frosty sticky wonderful potent buds. The recipient of my grows is a LONG time smoker with a very high tolerance.

I got impatient and frustrated with Mephisto's lack of reliable availability, and shifted next year's seed purchase over to Dutch Passion. I've never grown DP before, but in terms of overall quality, from what I've read they seem to be comparable.

Last grow consisted of (Strain - grams/approx. oz): Walter White - 332/11.85, Cosmic Queen - 187/6.7, Skylar White - 145/5.2, Forgotten Cookies - 138/4.9, Double Grape (1) - 180/6.4, Double Grape (2) - 73/2.6

Dutch Passion seeds I have for next season are: Colorado Cookies, Glueberry OG, Brooklyn Sunrise, Daiquiri Lime, Critical Orange Punch, and Lemon Kix.

I've grown strains from several auto breeders (Sweet Seeds, Fast Buds, Seedsmen...), nothing compared to Mephisto, really not even close. Anyone have any experience growing Dutch Passion strains outdoors? How is their mold resistance? Do you think that this group of DP strains will average out similar to last summer's run?

This was a Double Grape from last summer...
09.03.29_Gx2-1.jpg

I used to grow year round indoors and out (started with photos), but at this point I'm down to one outdoor production grow, totaling six plants, all autos. So I need to choose my strains pretty carefully. Summer of 2020 I did all Mephisto, six plants/five strains and netted over 2lbs., so that'll cover the med patient for the year. In addition to meeting my quantity requirements, all the plants produced very high quality frosty sticky wonderful potent buds. The recipient of my grows is a LONG time smoker with a very high tolerance.

I got impatient and frustrated with Mephisto's lack of reliable availability, and shifted next year's seed purchase over to Dutch Passion. I've never grown DP before, but in terms of overall quality, from what I've read they seem to be comparable.

Last grow consisted of (Strain - grams/approx. oz): Walter White - 332/11.85, Cosmic Queen - 187/6.7, Skylar White - 145/5.2, Forgotten Cookies - 138/4.9, Double Grape (1) - 180/6.4, Double Grape (2) - 73/2.6

Dutch Passion seeds I have for next season are: Colorado Cookies, Glueberry OG, Brooklyn Sunrise, Daiquiri Lime, Critical Orange Punch, and Lemon Kix.

I've grown strains from several auto breeders (Sweet Seeds, Fast Buds, Seedsmen...), nothing compared to Mephisto, really not even close. Anyone have any experience growing Dutch Passion strains outdoors? How is their mold resistance? Do you think that this group of DP strains will average out similar to last summer's run?

This was a Double Grape from last summer...
View attachment 1256012
I've only grown out a few of there's the one I grew most was auto ultimate and it was 1 of the better varietys for me outdoors I also grew blue mazar which I will be getting more of but daiquiri and glue berry I've seen many fine examples of outdoors I've not personally grown these others nor have I seen them outdoors but I know those 2 preform and are great quality.

I've only grown out a few of there's the one I grew most was auto ultimate and it was 1 of the better varietys for me outdoors I also grew blue mazar which I will be getting more of but daiquiri and glue berry I've seen many fine examples of outdoors I've not personally grown these others nor have I seen them outdoors but I know those 2 preform and are great quality.
Thanks for sharing that! I'll try a bunch of them next summer, and see how they do. Every summer is different, some start late, some are wetter than others, it's hard to get definitive information, but it all averages out in the end.

I'd love to get some more feedback if there's any more knowledge in the base here --

My goals, if I had to put them in order are: Potency, flavor (she likes fruity!), Sativa dominant hybrid, and yield. In the past yield was higher on the list, but either auto strains are being bred better or I'm becoming a better grower, because it's getting easy enough to hit my 24oz./year requirement that I don't need to focus on that as much.

Given the seeds I have on hand and my priorities listed above, if you could only pick 3, which ones would you choose?

Colorado Cookies, Glueberry OG, Brooklyn Sunrise, Daiquiri Lime, Critical Orange Punch, and Lemon Kix.

Glueberry and daiquiri are the top 2 for sure both are big yield wise and potent to match and I've seen many indoor and outdoor grows with monster plants so those would be wat I would do in your shoes then I would look around and see how many grows you can find for info on how they react outdoors but my gess is the rest would be fine

Glueberry and daiquiri are the top 2 for sure both are big yield wise and potent to match and I've seen many indoor and outdoor grows with monster plants so those would be what I would do in your shoes then I would look around and see how many grows you can find for info on how they react outdoors but my guess is the rest would be fine
Thanks for that! When I bought them my hope was that I couldn't go wrong with any of them, and I'm pretty sure that's the case, but some will shine more than others and I have to start somewhere...

I kind of went from having too few seeds to too many, and now I'm starting to think about how I might setup a 2x4 in some corner of the house and get a small perpetual going so we can taste all of the strains I've accumulated. As problems go, that's a good one to have.

I'm totally new to Dutch Passion strains, although I've bought a bunch of their seeds I have not grown any yet. I'm curious if DP shares information about what generation their releases are? Often, for instance, Mephisto will differentiate their F4 and F5 strains from their periodic F1 releases. DP seems to have been around much longer and is running on a different paradigm. Does anyone know if they take their strains to a specific level before they release them?

Dutch passion is on of the highest yielding and highest quality auto breeders available. I have pulled almost 3/4's of a pound from an autoultimate under the sun. My favorites are ultimate, brooklyn sunrise and cinderella jack.

Dutch passion is on of the highest yielding and highest quality auto breeders available. I have pulled almost 3/4's of a pound from an autoultimate under the sun. My favorites are ultimate, brooklyn sunrise and cinderella jack.
Thanks for checking in. I've started my first DP seed for an indoor run, and I'll be popping another in a week or two. Then next summer I'll probably run three alongside three Mephistos out in the garden. By this time next year I'll know a lot more than I know now.

Those Dutch passions are going to get a lot bigger than the Mephistos. Not too sure about the other strains you have, but I’ve grown the daiquiri lime and it was awesome. Top 3 best smelling autos IMO and potent too. It was a big yielder of the densest buds I’ve grown off an autoflower so far. The last 15-20 strains I’ve grown have all been Mephisto, mostly because of the price point with the freebies buying direct when they have a sale and I live in the US. But my all time favorite autoflower is from Dutch Passion. It’s their Cinderella Jack. It’s a frost machine and it is some extremely tastey smooth smoke. I REALLY need to grab some more of those seeds soon. Here’s of couple pics of that delicious Cindy Jack.

Attachments

• 516F6D9A-B573-41FE-AEE8-83A992D79951.jpeg
    516F6D9A-B573-41FE-AEE8-83A992D79951.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
  • 664A5E87-98CC-464C-BA23-FFB8D260E432.jpeg
    664A5E87-98CC-464C-BA23-FFB8D260E432.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 125
Back