Fastbuds outdoor 2021

Reaction score
24 feminized Autoflowers next summer.

All will be fastbuds and grown at 58N

4 meters x 2.5 meters

2,400 liters of soil. 635 U.S. gallons of soil.

20200919_152819.jpg

Last edited:
Holy shit Batman.

My comment was a colloquial term for "looking good".

I have used the spot for 3 years. Never lost a plant to people or animals. I think trimming 50 plants is going to be tiresome. I will pick 5 different strains with 5 different finishing times to space out harvesting, trimming and drying. I'm excited but I have to be careful. The ground is hard packed clay and rocks so I had to move in 60 bags of soil. That was not fun!

Man, I'm sure a lot of us envy what you're doing. Even though our state is cbd legal and several large grows are licenced nearby, the thc variety is still a no no but of course, a lot of guerilla grows are around. I like ya planning and execution and I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. Yes, trimming is gonna be a task.

50 feminized Autoflowers next summer.
All will be fastbuds and grown at 58N
4 meters x 2.5 meters
2,400 liters of soil. 635 U.S. gallons of soil.
I'm at 45.5N, on the moderate Pacific side. Just grew 6 plants in 2020 right in the ground. I'm lucky to have decent soil, just add about a half a bag to freshen it up, and some dry time release fertilizer to each hole every spring and set them on a drip irrigation system (with the rest of the veggie garden). Maybe some day it'll be legal everywhere, I know how lucky I am.

I have used the spot for 3 years. Never lost a plant to people or animals. I think trimming 50 plants is going to be tiresome. I will pick 5 different strains with 5 different finishing times to space out harvesting, trimming and drying. I'm excited but I have to be careful. The ground is hard packed clay and rocks so I had to move in 60 bags of soil. That was not fun!
You mentioned you've grown at this spot before, how many did you grow last time, and how did the harvest go?
Just curious, why did you pick FastBuds as your source?

Funny, at first when I saw "GG" I thought you were growing Gorilla Glue, but then I figured out it was gorilla grow. That is quite the endeavor.

I'm at 45.5N, on the moderate Pacific side. Just grew 6 plants in 2020 right in the ground. I'm lucky to have decent soil, just add about a half a bag to freshen it up, and some dry time release fertilizer to each hole every spring and set them on a drip irrigation system (with the rest of the veggie garden). Maybe some day it'll be legal everywhere, I know how lucky I am.

You mentioned you've grown at this spot before, how many did you grow last time, and how did the harvest go?
Just curious, why did you pick FastBuds as your source?

Funny, at first when I saw "GG" I thought you were growing Gorilla Glue, but then I figured out it was gorilla grow. That is quite the endeavor.

I decided to go with 18 to 24 plants. 4x3 meters is not a big space when factoring in that plants cannot touch to avoid bud rot later on.

I have used this spot for 3 of the past 5 years. Never had any problems with animals. No problems with insects. I use copper pipes for slugs and also slug killing pellets. I use an animal repellant made from blood. I use diatomaceous earth, and insecticide for aphids and ants.

The only problem last year was water. It's hard watering plants in an open field. My plants suffered badly. This year I am buying a 1000 liter water tank and filling it up. I have time release fertilizer pellets.

Fast Buds appealed to me because of their strain selection and the feedback from other growers. In Sweden we have short summers but long sunny days. Hopefully humidity will have mercy on me this next year

I decided to go with 18 to 24 plants. 4x3 meters is not a big space when factoring in that plants cannot touch to avoid bud rot later on.

I have used this spot for 3 of the past 5 years. Never had any problems with animals. No problems with insects. I use copper pipes for slugs and also slug killing pellets. I use an animal repellant made from blood. I use diatomaceous earth, and insecticide for aphids and ants.

The only problem last year was water. It's hard watering plants in an open field. My plants suffered badly. This year I am buying a 1000 liter water tank and filling it up. I have time release fertilizer pellets.

Fast Buds appealed to me because of their strain selection and the feedback from other growers. In Sweden we have short summers but long sunny days. Hopefully humidity will have mercy on me this next year
Sometimes "less is more", as they say, and 18 plants that have more room to fill out will be healthier and produce more than 24 that crowd each other. I suppose it depends on what your ultimate goal is.

Sounds like you've got a good water source planned. Not sure how accessible your grow is, how often do you visit it? Is it worth thinking about a drip system off of the tank? Just thinking out loud, I've never done a remote grow before.

Their is an irrigation canal that borders the field. Usually had about a foot or more of water. I will use a bilge pump by hand to pump it into the canvas tank. Then run a garden house from it across the field. Maybe 50 meters. Then I will either have holes cut in the hose or run smaller water lines out from the hose. As I use the water from the tank, I will refill from the water runoff ditch and keep topping up the tank.

My spots is so good. I use to visit it every other day for 2 months to water with bottles. Even rough trim my plants in the fields. It's a great place.

Back