Indoor [First EVER Grow] 2x Mephisto Genetics Auto Blues in DIY Box

Santorini

Sant0rini
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
My First Ever Grow.. just jumped off the cliff and started falling; then tinkerbell arrived and sprinkled some fairy dust now we're starting to fly....a little.. wanna join the journey cuz imma need more than tinkerbell here guys! I may need peter pan and his whole squad!

On to the grow...(pics uploading soon..)

GrowSpace:
A DIY Box Inside Me Closet Space!

DIY Box: 2ft x 2ft x 4 ft that I worked super hard on guys! lol (not really only about an hour) yet I like me little box! (this space will change after veg)...hopefully...haha ;-)

fPaAu

Link:

Seeds: (2) Mephisto Genetics Auto Blues (the freebies) Figure I try with these so I learn and don't mess up the Fantasmo Express, Ripleys OG and Chemdogging.. even though Im salivating thinking about them... DAMNIT Lets try with the freebies first!

2LW1E

IMG 1:

Soil: Miracle Grow (3 Month Nutes) :-X (Is this instant death or will I get a half oz! Who knows!) let me know below (Jokes aside next grow will have proper soil) ;-)

Lights: 45w UniFun LED Grow Light (veg only) x (1) 13w CFL x (1) 10w LED Mosquito Light (gnats were in me soil! ;-p not anymore) Currently I am looking into a 300W-600W LED as I know I will not grow more than 3 plants at a time in a 2x4x5 tent I intend on getting.

Light Cycle: 24/0 for veg then 20/4 for flowering or may just run 24/0 all time we will discuss at some point or feel free to opinioniaite (is that even a word?) your opinion below.

Im doing this for me and tired of being ripped off by all the lil jabronies out there! Its time to learn how to fish and eat for a got damn lifetime, while not worrying about running low and being ripped off / given some low mids for $60-$65 an eighth ($50 if I get lucky).. New city, don’t know anyone; you know the drill). Just can’t do it anymore!

I figured instead of sitting back and keep reading and waiting and wishing and hoping and watching journals begin and finish.... Its better to just jump in and start learning while I can! Ill get new the shit along the way…while gaining the experience. This is an experiment and for personal use only.

Anyways I have a small DIY box I built with random things laying around the house and with a new house being built next to me; they had tons of sheetrock lying around and a few 2x2x42’ boards that were wasted and going in the trash anyways; so I asked if I could use the scraps.

Sure!

This is what I built.. hope it will do...

WCjUS

IMG 1:
IMG 2: http://imgur.com/a/mxtl8

Right now this is what I have and am getting the equipment as I go along this grow. Even if these are duds its okay I’m learning and in 30 days when I put the new ones down I will have everything I should need.

With that said this is what I had laying around with no funds and I’m going into the grow like this… so don’t judge and if I fail I fail, either way I’m gonna stay strong and stick with it until I succeed..

Anyone want to watch and grow with me? Lol it will be fun I’m sure about that! All.Damn.Day!

Last edited:
Day 1: Monday October 17th

Seed Germination:
2x Mephisto AutoBlues

10pm: Put both seeds in paper towel and zip lock baggie, then placed on a plate on top of water heater for 24 hours.

Day 3: Wednesday October 19th

10am:
Came back and checked next morning and one seed had a nice size taproot.

The other seed did not pop so still in paper towel / baggie. so (1 seed in germination bag.)

For the second seed I have a 2.5 gallon pot with miracle grow. I watered the soil until about 10% of the water drained. Then mixed up the soil and let it sit for awhile.

Tossed in the seed, cut a 16oz water bottle and domed the top of the area I planted the seed to keep in the humidity until it sprouts.

Day 4: Thursday October 19th

Checked on the second auto blues seed in germination and still not popped. No root, no nothing, just a seed still. Put it back…and will continue to wait.

*moves eyes on to seed in pot* :)

Amazing we have life! (and some damn gnats)

The seedling sprouted and It had the shell from the seed still attached when I checked it so I misted the seed about every 20 minutes for an hour (4 whopping times) and it slid right off with a little help, also the membrane was very easy to come off…

She has a bit of crazy helmet head here so please don’t mind her. Sometimes she can be kind of a monster in the morning if you catch my drift!

SpongeBob Guy Voice *8 Hours Later*

Just about to go to bed and check in on her. She’s looking great to me and finally stretched out her leaves. Super exciting and I’m getting STOKED…… ITS ALIVEEE!!

1OIsw

Link:

*I got another cool thing laying around...

How convenient... a Mosquito LED Light* why not use it for the gnats!! *plugs in goes to bed*

Light Link:
https://amzn.com/B01HMMG4MG

Last edited:
Day 5: Friday October 20th

7am: Woke up and checked the mosquito light first, (didnt even look at the plant) no joke! wasn’t even stoned just knew i had to get the lil shits! killed those 4 damn gnats! Thats whats up right guys? right? haha *fist bump*

10am: Oh yea I forgot to look at the plant!!! Better see how she’s doing.. Holy shit! She looks to have grown another inch during the night. I should have measured before its insane the growth she’s displaying!

*Insert Confetti and those little pull firework pops here* beww beww bewww

The top soil was looking a little dry as I had no temp gauge to see what the temp actually was inside for the past few days. I know, i know.. “Santorini WTF bro!!..” yet limited funds what can ya do….I only knew she looked to be doing great and growing green…(not buds guys, she’s only 2 days old, i mean *finger quotes* "GREEN LEAVES! NOT BUDS!”

*points at the plant*

Now she’s up to 2 big leaves and 2 very small leaves.. I put 1 oz of water around the dome and left it at that. Inside looks humid and doing great.

*Off to the store to get a humidity / temp monitor*

12pm: Got home and placed the Temp Monitor inside the box. Came back and checked 1 hour later. The temperature was at a steady 77F and 41% humidity. PRETTY GOOD I thought.

7pm: Meanwhile.. Standing in line at the kiwis shop getting a butterfingers i think to myself.."that the gauge was down by the bottom of the pot on the floor..I should probably move that up to the same level as the plant! What an Insanely awesome thought! :)

*Thinks to self* "Damn Im cool! I just think of everything!"

Sooo got home I moved it up to plant level. duh! (its okay I’m a first timer, so I get a few extra mulligan points for mess-ups right? :p

*Snap* Back on Topic!

*Points at the box* Temp was at 91 for probably the past 2-3 days in there..(really steady temp at least..oops) and most possibly humid AF! Yet it looks like she’s loving it in her new lil world. She’s doing great!

Needless to say I moved the lights up about 8 inches and the temp in the closet is at 88F… So here comes the experimenting and stressing her TF out. Im naughty and she’s just gonna have to learn to like hot temps until I get this figured out…..

Anyways thats where I am right now so will update in a few hours. Any suggestions feel free to throw them below and thanks for any help or subs to the thread. I really look forward to connecting with everyone whos interested and not interested!

Ill do my very best to update this cuz I need lots of help. Promise to keep the questions down and ears open. Now off to upload the pics

Hai, I'm new too let's be friends! :pighug: <He said with a complete disregard for any social norms>

You write interestingly though.. stalking. What's worked well for me in terms of light is running 24hrs for the first 2 weeks (apareantly they don't really sleep in that time), then switched to 18/6 for a week and my 5gal smartpot had roots sticking out everywhere and now I'm on 20/4 and have raised the fertilizer levels to crazy ammounts without complaints and my baby is gaaarowing fast (not high though.. and some of the leaves are comming out weird so it might be retarded (in the actual sense of the word))

Do get a second opinion on that though.

I used this product 2 times I had great results. So I will recommend it. 10 bucks online for a six pack.
7b54940ea9f26cb49e741d93959c9584.jpg

Problem solved gnates

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

YO WHAT UP AUTOFLOWER FAM!!! @Druid @Dudeski @All I HAVE @TreyDogg @CaptainDave420 @Ripper @archie gemmill @Smorf @SHRED @Gatorbackbob @Autonugs

Sorry I've Been away for a few weeks growing the space out. Today marks day 23 for her; November 10th and did some more LST today.

This little girl has been through hell and back. Between being transplanted at a young age, tipped over, nute burn and a little bit of tough love she's still going to be a rockstar. Shes not tall at all; about 5 inches tall and 10.5 inches wide. Very bushy and just started to show sex today. Will upload a photo a little later.

In the meantime I got an entire new setup in the process and new LED light which has been doing amazing things for the garden. At first I had the lights at 24' and she got a little sun burt so we had to take extra care of her! Moved the light up to 36' and messed with it a bit moving it down to its resting spot which is currently 31' over the course of a week. The

The new lights are 330w @GoGrowLEDLights (on IG) LED Light System which is supposed to have the equivalent to/ will substitute a 1,000 HPS light. I did lots of research before buying and its very close to the same specs / inbetween the Kind LED L600 and Kind LED XL750. Only 1 switch so it is a veg/full bloom light.

Im loving the design and killer looks on it. Brushed steel on the bottom and matte black on the top. Its built very nice and high quality about 18lbs. Sorry for the quick review of it; just excited about my new light upgrade is all! Beats the 45w veg light and some cfls; lol.

SO heres the setup now:

2x4x5 Tent
330W GoGrow LED Light
1x @mephisto AutoBlues seedling
1x tiny Coco pot w/ a soil pellet in it
1x 3 Gallon Plastic pot (filled with Miracle grow 3 month around the coco pot)
1 Cool Air Humidifier
1 Timer

She has been on a 20/4 light cycle for the past week and a half. She seems to love that the most. Lights off at 1pm on at 5pm.

Like I said I put her through hell @mephisto and I feel she likes the abuse! ;-P Really though I found out what worked best for her with that light cycle I think. I noticed a big difference in growth when I would turn the lights off for a few hours than if I didnt.

For example on day 7 she grew 1/4 of an inch with lights 20/4. I then tested lights on 24 hours a day for 3 days. (she was on 24/0 from beginning on a 45w CFL) each day her growth was an average of 1.1 /16th of an inch those days. The 4th day I did a 20/4 and noticed a growth of another 1/4 of an inch with lights off. So thats where they remained. Like I said; I really like to stress the girl out! :p

Ever since I added the new light 7 days ago shes tripled in size and growth. Really bushy and short!

November 9th (Day 22 is Today) I watered her and started her on some Mammoth P using .06ml in an entire gallon of distilled water. I then watered her 16oz of water as it was 4 days ago she got 14 oz of water.

The temps run a steady 79-81 degrees; may get up to 84 in the afternoon. Night time gets to 68-71 so I may have to fix this unless you guys thing it may be okay to keep it here...

Today we also have some new family members that came in a mystery mix pack of regular autos from a friend and were already sprouted upon arrival. They are from the autoflower-portal.net site and a mix from the NW Collection.

Last edited:
New Photos below from Random times; Next update will catch up on where we are at today. Today is still day 23 and lights out here in a few hours. Will update later tonight / (the plants tomorrow).

I started LST about 3 days ago and early this morning I noticed some hairs (in a pic below) and showed sex on day 23. Anything that you guys would recommend as far as training? Shes super little right now, standing only about at 4.5 -/+ inches tall. :-/

I had 2 fantasmos down and my ripleys OG; yet since I suck at germination those seeds were lost and never popped; only due to my inexperience and also went through 3 of the freebie autoblues seeds that didnt pop. Ill get it figure out the hard way lol.. :-(

Anyways she may be a little stunted with all the issues I had; yet this is a learning experience for me and now I know what to do better for the new seedlings.

With this I am going to be introducing new seedlings every 30-40 days to keep the cycle going and get my personal stock up. Also had some unexpected guest arrive in the tent so it will probably get crowded. (Although the 3 seedlings are regular autos so no clue if they will be FEM or not..

Any suggestions or advice on the grow please comment below. Thanks for hanging out on this thread and I will updated much more often starting today.

EDIT: Anyone know if we are able to change thread title or I could just make a new thread and lock this one?

20161107_172953.jpg 20161107_172953.jpg 20161107_001400.jpg 20161107_172157.jpg 20161110_082050.jpg 20161110_082106.jpg 20161110_082254.jpg20161107_172813.jpg 20161102_101155.jpg

Last edited:
Back