Mephisto Genetics First Sour Stomper Grow

I trellised mine just to keep the branches from growing too close to each other. The branches themselves were surprisingly strong and never bowed. I didn't add any silica either.

My anxiety is high enough that I do whatever it takes to not worry about my medicine. That means I'd rather have the trellis in place and not need it than to worry later on about messing with the roots poking the trellis into the dirt. YMMV.
Thanks for that! 100% feel the same. Any recommendation on height or when to actually start using it?

Thanks for the rep, @Hotfire!

Both grows I've done of SS have the plant being roughly 3 feet high. The breeder says 50-70cm which seems pretty short to me. TBH, there's a lot of factors that will determine how tall yours will go.

The trellis I used consists of these poles you stick in the ground, then clip these crossbars to. That allows for placing the bars wherever you need them. I'd post a pic if I could find one that was clear enough. The limiting factor on the trellis height is the length of the poles

I started trellising some time early in veg. I didn't want to wait until the branch hardened. I wanted to get it while it was still flexy. I placed the cross bar over branches to force them further out. My goal was to have all tops be the same height.

Glad to get a chance to see you grow up some Sour Stomper and I have a CDLC x Skywalker going on Day 22 and it's doing great! So I am sending good vibes for a good grow and show look forward to seeing how things go and I just got x4 2ft 80watt HLUX LED lights and the one alone is almost brighter than all 4of my t-8 4ft LED tubes LoL so I can't wait and they're not expensive on Amazon either. :greenthumb::pop:

Thanks for the rep, @Hotfire!

Both grows I've done of SS have the plant being roughly 3 feet high. The breeder says 50-70cm which seems pretty short to me. TBH, there's a lot of factors that will determine how tall yours will go.

The trellis I used consists of these poles you stick in the ground, then clip these crossbars to. That allows for placing the bars wherever you need them. I'd post a pic if I could find one that was clear enough. The limiting factor on the trellis height is the length of the poles

I started trellising some time early in veg. I didn't want to wait until the branch hardened. I wanted to get it while it was still flexy. I placed the cross bar over branches to force them further out. My goal was to have all tops be the same height.
I have this ac infinity one that hooks on to the poles of my tent. I'll wait till i top it and place it once I start seeing some more growth, it'll just be in the way now. I'll post some more pics in a few days probably will be ready to top by then.

Glad to get a chance to see you grow up some Sour Stomper and I have a CDLC x Skywalker going on Day 22 and it's doing great! So I am sending good vibes for a good grow and show look forward to seeing how things go and I just got x4 2ft 80watt HLUX LED lights and the one alone is almost brighter than all 4of my t-8 4ft LED tubes LoL so I can't wait and they're not expensive on Amazon either. :greenthumb::pop:
Big thanks for the reputation pts! @Hotfire 🙏🏻

Sour Stomper
Day 15.
20230331_181926.jpg

Things are looking nice and healthy off to a good 👍🏻 start!... grow little Dudette GROW!
Unfortunately I have stunted the hell outta my CDLC x Skywalker from the transplant and it's just starting to pick up again and a little bummed about it and I just gotta try starting & finishing with the same pot and avoid it. Especially when it's off to such a good beginning but lessons being learned and I look forward to seeing this grows progression and continue to learn about these Auto's!....a quick question about the way you water the pot when it's a seedling and in a 2 or 3 gallon pot(in soil)?

Things are looking nice and healthy off to a good 👍🏻 start!... grow little Dudette GROW!
Unfortunately I have stunted the hell outta my CDLC x Skywalker from the transplant and it's just starting to pick up again and a little bummed about it and I just gotta try starting & finishing with the same pot and avoid it. Especially when it's off to such a good beginning but lessons being learned and I look forward to seeing this grows progression and continue to learn about these Auto's!....a quick question about the way you water the pot when it's a seedling and in a 2 or 3 gallon pot(in soil)?
So as soon as I drop the seedling in the soil and cover it a bit, I just use a mister with distilled water. Because it's such a light mist I wanted to make sure it wasn't just getting the surface. You can spray into a cup or your hand first to get a feel for how many sprays is too much, if that makes any sense. If you have a massive puddle in ur hand after a few sprays then go light so you don't drown it. In my case mine is like a face mister bottle so I have to spray a good amount of times to get through the surface. Then I put a small dome or a 1 gallon water jug I cut in half over that spot and spray the inside of the dome. Once it pops up I still am just using the mister with distilled water and keeping the dome on it till day 3 or 4. By day 7, I'm using ph tap water. I have a hand pump watering thing I got off amazon for like 20 bucks. Just use that and water in a circle around the plant not really soaking it just making sure its getting in there, no run off. The wider she gets the wider the circle gets. I don't want the outside drying out so, still wet everything just focus more on the circle around the plant. Right now I'm watering like every 24 to 36 hours. But the first few days, when I'm using the mister, I have to get in there a few times a day to mist the dome. The soil stays pretty wet under the dome so i dont need to spray that too much. I hope this helps! I'm not claiming that what I'm doing is ideal or correct, but this is what is working for me right now. Much love to you hope your plant bounces back! If I didn't answer something just let me know I'm happy to share.

Last edited:
THANKS! That was actually very helpful and informative @Hotfire and I will find out what works best for me and I will be starting a new Auto Fem some White Crack from Mephisto and it's gonna be started in the 3gallon pot and no transplanting. The auto's are definitely a different beast than photos it's a challenge but one I'm starting to get a little bit better at understanding how they grow & I will get it just gotta keep growing no better experience IMO but again thank u! Really enjoying being a part of the AFN Community!

Back