Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
I'm working on my first hydro DWC grow ever! It's been a lot of failure. :rofl: But also an equal amount of success (like, "gee I learned a lot about what I did wrong "success"!) :rofl: I'd have to say that hydro has taught me more about growing weed than anything else I've ever tried. The reaction time of the plants to condition changes is ridiculous!

Have had a lot of great help and mentors through it; including @briman , @Grey Bear , and @DWCocha and hoping my 2nd run will be even better!

I'll grab a few pics here in a bit if I can piece together the timeline of everything; I had a mix of autos and photos vegging underneath the Mars II 1600W unit and am finishing up some autos (I wish I could brag about how big they are, but I learned about hot rez temps the hard way (doh!!!))

Now, my PHOTO plants on the other hand; LOVED THE PISS out of this light. Photo clones. I just moved them into an HPS tent on 12/12 to flower; but I'm hoping in the next year to have an opportunity to flower out some photo plants under the Mars II 1600W (or maybe journal some autoflower adventures beginning with 12/12!)

Pictures to come! :pass:

Nice SoH, hydro is the only way I have grown. I took the plung right away. They sure do teach you a lot, I am a slave to them:naughtystep:
I grow under a MH and HPS. They seem to love that light. I found that the roots matter big time. On my second run, my roots are twice as big as last time at the same point. It getting real, that's for sure. :smoking:

I can hardly wait to see the pictures. That is great to hear that you are dialing in your DWC skills.

Alright, now I **DID** say this was my FIRST TIME ever with DWC :rofl:

Ohhhhhhhh the high temperature reservoirs!
Ohhhhhhhh the pythium!
Ohhhhhhhh the snot! Sooooo much snot! It was like that scene in the Blair Witch Project where that chick is like "I'm sorry!" talking into the camera? Only it's not the Blair Witch Project. It's my effin roots. :rofl:

But hey, I learned how to control rez temps, learned how to get rid of snot, learned how to get rid of pythium, and every single plant that was plagued is still alive, and still producing what I consider to be enough to keep them going and worth the bounty and adventure.

And to me, that's a win :d5: I've still yet to have my "epic auto" grow under the Mars II 1600W, but judging how the buds are forming and still forming on what I have in there, there is no doubt in my mind that this light can grow out and flower out some intense buds.

Here's an ET x Frost that's coming along:

20150829_143829 - Copy.jpg
20150829_143846 - Copy.jpg
20150829_143858 - Copy.jpg
20150829_143952 - Copy.jpg
20150829_144012 - Copy.jpg
20150829_144057 - Copy.jpg

Learning curve. :pass:

Alright, now I **DID** say this was my FIRST TIME ever with DWC :rofl:

Ohhhhhhhh the high temperature reservoirs!
Ohhhhhhhh the pythium!
Ohhhhhhhh the snot! Sooooo much snot! It was like that scene in the Blair Witch Project where that chick is like "I'm sorry!" talking into the camera? Only it's not the Blair Witch Project. It's my effin roots. :rofl:

But hey, I learned how to control rez temps, learned how to get rid of snot, learned how to get rid of pythium, and every single plant that was plagued is still alive, and still producing what I consider to be enough to keep them going and worth the bounty and adventure.

And to me, that's a win :d5: I've still yet to have my "epic auto" grow under the Mars II 1600W, but judging how the buds are forming and still forming on what I have in there, there is no doubt in my mind that this light can grow out and flower out some intense buds.

Here's an ET x Frost that's coming along:

View attachment 481230 View attachment 481231 View attachment 481232 View attachment 481233 View attachment 481234 View attachment 481235

Learning curve. :pass:
Big learning curve. But big rewards too!

Big learning curve. But big rewards too!

Oh I love it man. I haven't enjoyed growing so much EVER since trying this. It's a thrill! Like, "oh man, what's going to happen next!" And every rez change, trying to get things dialed back to where you had that sweet spot where some how, nothing is showing a deficiency. Or that "ohhhhhh SHIT" moment where something happened you can't explain and your plants looks like they got put in a blender in a 24 hour time span. :rofl: Where's @briman?? He knows how quickly poop hits the fan with this! :rofl:

I've got a lot to learn still with it; would love to get a chiller down the road for the rez. My buckets are 4 1/2 gallons capacity, so maaaaaaybe 4 gallons of water, if that. Taking into account the size of the net pots and where they seem to like the water level. I can see why guys go with the larger reservoirs though.

Back