Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man…the whole thing will be windows. We are fiddling around with design ideas to help cool it down during the warmer months. Plan on having ventilation fans up too for exhaust and down low for intakes. Auto misters, and even an air conditioner are all possible.
We will try with the fans and see what it gives us. I will use the Inkbird systems to try and help control temp and RH, but outdoors is tough.
Thanks for any advice!!
We have one of these with the controller in the greenhouse. Moves plenty of air
PXL_20230529_183057752.jpg

does anyone use a moisture meter to check buds before it goes into grove bags? do i poke into the stem or do i put the prongs into the actual bud? im at day 7 of dry on the sour stomper im getting 16% on the stems and 12% when i put it into the bud but im not getting many snaps. bunch of vids on youtube say different things so i thought id ask my panel of experts. :smokeout:

does anyone use a moisture meter to check buds before it goes into grove bags? do i poke into the stem or do i put the prongs into the actual bud? im at day 7 of dry on the sour stomper im getting 16% on the stems and 12% when i put it into the bud but im not getting many snaps. bunch of vids on youtube say different things so i thought id ask my panel of experts. :smokeout:
Yup I put it in the stem of the main bud right in the bud biggest buds then jar or grove bag when it reads 12-15%.. Mine normally aren't snapping a lot at this point some are hope that helps I know MOG and FF uses moisture meters as well :d5:

@Hotfire this is what @Fermented_Fruitz told me when I asked the same question :d5:

hey @Fermented_Fruitz , where do the test with the moisture meter? on the open sections of the stalk? not right in the middle of bud? thanks in advance looks good
Option B amigrow…. Gotta stab it right into a bud to get a true reading! If u waited on stems your buds would prob be -17% rh by that point! :yoinks:

Yup I put it in the stem of the main bud right in the bud biggest buds
im sorry big dog but im super literal and very stoned. all my stems read 16% buds read 12%-14% . so ur saying to go off the buds? these buds are so dense i cant find the main stem in the bud :crying:

im sorry big dog but im super literal and very stoned. all my stems read 16% buds read 12%-14% . so ur saying to go off the buds? these buds are so dense i cant find the main stem in the bud :crying:

Yup go off the buds you'll find it you should be able to feel the stem when poking around :woody::rolleyes1::lol:.... Also make sure to wipe probes off with ISO in between each reading others the readings will be off.. I shoot for the high side and leave bag or jar open when I do it the buds seem to press better when they aren't bone dry :thumbsup: Once they get under 15% I am bagging or something to slow the dry down :goodluck:

I only use the moisture meter to determine when the buds are cut off the branch's during the initial hanging after harvest before putting them in paper bags, which at that time I start using a humidometer in the bag with the buds and after in the grovebags.

I only use the moisture meter to determine when the buds are cut off the branch's during the initial hanging after harvest before putting them in paper bags, which at that time I start using a humidometer in the bag with the buds and after in the grovebags.
right on! thank you guys! @Lil Dab too! im gonna try the brown bag method on the next plant forgot to order some was too excited about the nugsmasher. going to start trimming, i have 2 main branches i cut as testers a few days early so these are the ones that are ready. they will go into a 1 oz grove bag so i can see if my moisture meter is doing its job for the rest of the plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back