Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have found my electric bike.:headbang:

A powerful fat tire, full suspension bike with a nice powerful battery for very good range and decent rear drive motor.

Just something that I can go out and get some cardio, do a little bit of grocery shopping and then hopefully to go fishing at the lake. It has enough ass to it that it can pull a small trailer.

I like how this guy goes into depth on testing. He definitely puts the bike through the paces!

A friend of mine has a voltbike fat bike with a rear motor, and he wishes he went for a mid drive. He has burned out the rear motor twice. He is a strong rider, and rides hilly trails. The vulnerability of the rear drive is that it can't get an assist from a lower gear. If a heavier rider pushes on the uphills, the motor can be overloaded.

Anyway mate, if you have hilly trails in mind rather than road commute type use, you might want to consider a mid drive. The rear suspension is not really needed on a fat bike, the fork and softer tires make the ride decent even on trails. :pighug:

Today was the only day I get to sleep in this week, but I woke up shivering at 06:00. It was 54°F (12°C) when I rolled out of the sack to investigate. I thought maybe the pilot light blew out in the gas furnace, or the battery died in the thermostat. Turns out the little kids that came over for tutoring yesterday turned the thermostat from "heat" to "AC." My feet are just about thawed out now.

We're rescheduling due to... aliens. Turns out it wasn't aliens though; that flash of light we saw in the sky was not a UFO, but swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
1706977676399.gif

We're rescheduling due to... aliens. Turns out it wasn't aliens though; that flash of light we saw in the sky was not a UFO, but swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Well, at least I didn’t miss it! Been checking in to see if it had started yet…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back