Plastic drip/runoff trays to fit tent sizes.
Also metal or plastic grills for on top of the drip/runoff tray to keep fabric pots off the floor

Well, everytime I look you guys have new toys!

Something I would like to see is a refillable or rechargeable carbon filter. Maybe just the shell of the current style filter with prefilled carbon pellet discs that could be changed out. Like round carbon filled teabags.

Or to add on that, a large long frame and you could add more or less discs depending on how much smell reduction you need.
rechargeable carbon filte,Do you have a link for such a product?

Mars could be the 1st to provide the market with such a product, take the market by storm, lead the way, lower the cost, increase the product value.
Have you ever changed the carbon in a carbon filter?
It's messy as hell and you need respiratory protection.

Have you ever changed the carbon in a carbon filter?
It's messy as hell and you need respiratory protection.
Yes I have tried and I agree its a messy, dirty, dusty, shitty job.

However, the previous posts mention of a tea-bag type replacement sounds great to me, unscrew 3 nuts/bayonet fittings/threaded cap, drop out the old tea-bag straight into a plastic/paper bag, drop in a new tea-bag, seal the rim... bingo up and running.

Sell 3 tea bags with each filter box? sell teabags and outer dust filters as a set, marketing wise it seems like a no brainer to me.

I for one would buy such a product. Saving money, saving rubbish, I find it a real shame to throw my heavy metal filters away.

But as it stands its all about marketing and profits, repeat profits for manufacturers, repeat profits for the shippers, repeat profits for retailers more waste, more pollution and more costs for end users.

Time to go back to "over engineered" well made, well designed products that serve a purpose over the long term. imho.

rechargeable carbon filte,Do you have a link for such a product?
No! It doesn't exist! You guys could be first.

EDIT: Packets like this stacked in a metal filter body but load them with carbon pellets. Maybe a tube down the center and the pods more as rings? Dunno. Just ideas.

Coffee-pods-on-wooden-table.jpg

Last edited:
@NORBY - Do they have a consumer site where you can buy just one or two? It looks like industrial/commercial useage mostly. Good link though! I hadn't seen any available for the hobbyist/home grower level. I've been building my own scrubber buckets but it's tough work.

Back