So, I got my autopot system today and I'm FUCKED... my bags don't fit :face:
I guess I'm gonna have to make my own. I'm thinking I can grab a saucer or storage container from HD, and make 1 myself for now. My 3 gal RS bags fit. My living soil bags are to big too, but if I stuff them and then fill with soil it may work. I believe they say necessity is the mother of invention so let's go! I figure I drill the same size hole the aqua value parts should work the same. If someone has tried this already please let me know of it works.

:smokeout:

So, I got my autopot system today and I'm FUCKED... my bags don't fit :face:
I guess I'm gonna have to make my own. I'm thinking I can grab a saucer or storage container from HD, and make 1 myself for now. My 3 gal RS bags fit. My living soil bags are to big too, but if I stuff them and then fill with soil it may work. I believe they say necessity is the mother of invention so let's go! I figure I drill the same size hole the aqua value parts should work the same. If someone has tried this already please let me know of it works.

:smokeout:
Or you can just mulch with bark...

My living soil bags are to big too, but if I stuff them and then fill with soil it may work.
if they aren't too much wider than the tray, it should work. I also recently ordered two trays for my ongoing run but I received them after plants had already grown in the pot and there was no way I could fit them. A friend has my trays while i finsih my run and he is using same sized fabric pots as mine and since I told him they wouldnt fit, he did ezactly what you said... cram the empty pot into the tray a then start filling. he is about two months into veg and plants are doing fine... he is in coco though.

figure I drill the same size hole the aqua value parts should work the same.

not sure what you mean. what eill you be drilling? the tray to make it wider?

if they aren't too much wider than the tray, it should work. I also recently ordered two trays for my ongoing run but I received them after plants had already grown in the pot and there was no way I could fit them. A friend has my trays while i finsih my run and he is using same sized fabric pots as mine and since I told him they wouldnt fit, he did ezactly what you said... cram the empty pot into the tray a then start filling. he is about two months into veg and plants are doing fine... he is in coco though.

not sure what you mean. what eill you be drilling? the tray to make it wider?
I'm not worried about future grows, I can't get my my plants now they don't fit. I mean to drill a hole in a storage container. Then run the hose into that with the aqua valve. It should work... I just gotta put something on the aqua valve so it doesn't float.

Instead of using the plastic, just use mulch.
Sorry, still not sure what you mean. 1 thought I had was to put a towel(s) in the tray, and set pots on top. The towel should wick up water to the bottom of the plants which is bursting with roots. Gotta go to store and see what I can find.

Sorry, still not sure what you mean. 1 thought I had was to put a towel(s) in the tray, and set pots on top. The towel should wick up water to the bottom of the plants which is bursting with roots. Gotta go to store and see what I can find.
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the plastic that goes on top for mulch. I was watching a Buildasoil episode (in season 4 last year), and Jeremy or Jerome (whatsisname) said you can use the plastic that comes with it, a garbage bag, or just use bark or whatever for a traditional mulch. If I had one (I don't, so grain of salt) I would try bark mulch first anyway.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the plastic that goes on top for mulch. I was watching a Buildasoil episode (in season 4 last year), and Jeremy or Jerome (whatsisname) said you can use the plastic that comes with it, a garbage bag, or just use bark or whatever for a traditional mulch. If I had one (I don't, so grain of salt) I would try bark mulch first anyway.
I can't even get them in the xl trays lol. I got 2 containers I think will work. I will post some pics of them when I'm done. I hope I can do it tonight so it get as much testing as possible.

So... I broke down and ordered 2 xxl trays with lids. The plastic containers are just too big for my tent. I'm sure you could make your own, but this way it's using what you're supposed to use so I know it will work best this way. Now I will have 4 trays for the future. I still need to get larger pot sock someday, but for now I will just not use them. I don't think it will matter for the finish of this grow. I may try to use the 1's I have to block the path to the aqua valve from the roots, but not sure if that will work. I should have it setup in a few days.

Stay lifted

Back