@Lil Dab just ordered 2 of the 5gal living soil from ShopCoda.

Screenshot_20230610_144155_Etsy.jpg

He said they were low, and weren't going to be making any more for a while so I grabbed some while I could. Should be here middle of next week. Thanks for the recommendation :toke:

@Lil Dab just ordered 2 of the 5gal living soil from ShopCoda.

View attachment 1602232

He said they were low, and weren't going to be making any more for a while so I grabbed some while I could. Should be here middle of next week. Thanks for the recommendation :toke:

Hell yeah I have one of those and it's nice really heavy duty.. I asked him on esty about the inventory and he is moving locations is why the low inventory he should be moved to a new bigger location late summer and then inventory should be better.. Also I can't thank everyone enough for mentioning me to him cause he reached out to me through another member thanking me for the kind words and referrals he is sending a new coco bag he just made it shipped Friday and should be here this week..
81E61A17-3C2D-4E83-B018-5916F83EEC49.png

Hell yeah I have one of those and it's nice really heavy duty.. I asked him on esty about the inventory and he is moving locations is why the low inventory he should be moved to a new bigger location late summer and then inventory should be better.. Also I can't thank everyone enough for mentioning me to him cause he reached out to me through another member thanking me for the kind words and referrals he is sending a new coco bag he just made it shipped Friday and should be here this week..
View attachment 1602238
I will definitely let him know you were the one I was taking about. See what free stuff we can get ya lol.

1st dose of GFP flower
OK, was getting ready to update so nothing to it but to do it. I have a bunch of pics also, but before that its about that time... it's time to get lifted. I'm dabbing on some old ass Bubblegum from Fast Buds. Super harsh, but high is still very nice.

Some of you may have saw me on live stoners with the FbtF. She had something wrong, I thought it may be a phosphorus issue. Someone I think @N/A-Greengo said nitrogen toxicity causing lockout of something. If it was somebody else sorry I was stoned lol :baked:

MOG said looks like nitrogen toxicity locking out potassium. So I was off a little they look similar, at least to me but I'm not good at seeing deficiencies. He said the pot dried out which it did. I noticed it was really dry, and next day is when I saw it.

20230610_204640.jpg

I had been wondering if I had too much nitrogen. The leaves looked a little dark to me, so this wasn't a surprise. I have to take the blame on this unfortunately I think. I didn't follow NLS's directions 100%. I mixed FFOF with the pro mix which wasn't said to do. It said to use plain potting soil, or coco. I also gave them worm casting tea before they needed any. So i can see why there is too much nitrogen. This could have something to do with the Hubba Haze being so small. I know sativas are sensitive to nitrogen a lot of the time so... maybe???I did a lot of training actually broke a huge fan leaf putting a trainer on it. Sucks but cost of doing business I suppose. Started to trim up the bottom of the FbtF, and cut some leaves away to open up the Hubba Haze. I don't have pics of that just did it and was without my camera. I just gave them their 1st dose of GFP tea. It's the end of day 40 into day 41 so it's time. The FbtF is gonna be a nice yielder. Did a ton on her, they can get a little ugly when you train a lot. Here are the pics I took, it's a lot.
20230613_144301.jpg
20230613_144306.jpg
20230613_144319.jpg
20230613_144327.jpg
20230613_144339.jpg
20230613_144401.jpg
20230613_205410.jpg
20230613_205419.jpg
20230613_144416.jpg
20230613_144513.jpg
20230613_144524.jpg
20230613_145255.jpg
20230613_145304.jpg
20230613_145201.jpg

I wish I could get better pics of this. It's the top. It's huge wasn't hindered by the trainer which was a concern I had. Looks cool the way it grew. I will get some pics tomorrow of their current state. Till then...

Stay lifted

:hookah:

@Mizzo81 @DCLXVI @Green Hornet @hecno @BCBudlady @Atulip @idiopathic neuropathy @Rasterman @Cannaficionado @Lil Dab @Tom Bombadil @N/A-Greengo @Entombed @Don't Fear the Reefer

Yeah, I am not good at figuring out what is wrong with plants at all. I just stick to the coco since it requires maintenance but not know how. I am wicked impressed with the guys who can pull off the full water only organic soil method. I do think they look a bit dark green, the excess N is probably correct. It'll sort out if you take your foot off the gas. Hope the final product has some of that intangible magic from the organic inputs.

Yeah, I am not good at figuring out what is wrong with plants at all. I just stick to the coco since it requires maintenance but not know how. I am wicked impressed with the guys who can pull off the full water only organic soil method. I do think they look a bit dark green, the excess N is probably correct. It'll sort out if you take your foot off the gas. Hope the final product has some of that intangible magic from the organic inputs.
Really a water only organic grow it's actually pretty easy. Most of us don't want to do the commitment, though. The commitment is pot size! For a truly, water only grow, you have to go large. A very easy solution would be just buy Build A Soil 3.0 and put it in a 20+ gallon pot or even better a 4x4 bed.
What is this thing of a " water only grow"? Why is that such a goal on so many of these people's agenda? I have to admit, I kinda had that thought process in the beginning, since I had never done a container grow. Then my organic sense came into play. To properly pull it off, large pots are mandatory. So is fresh media or use media that has been properly re amended and both set for "cooking time". This means you have to have media cooking at all times if you do successive grows. That's a lot of work! Part of the thought process in a "water only grow", is less work during the grow, The thing is come you're still doing the work during the grow to re amend and help cook the last media you used. That is if you're not getting fresh media every grow. Which is silly wasteful!

Like I said, it is a commitment. You'll have less flexibility and need more room around your tent to gain access to everything. I'm not there myself. I'm not gonna do it until I can build my grow room in my shop. At least one quadrant will be a bed.
My commitment won't be to a water only grow, though. It will be a no till organic grow. A living cover crop, earthworms, chop and drop on all defols, top dress like nature does kind of grow. It will be a hell of a lot less physical work! No more hauling around and mixing a bunch of media. No more putting media in totes and mix it all up it's stirring it weekly. Just light bags of amendments! :cools:

What method entails less physical work?:cools:

This happens all too often with NLS
I don't think it was the NLS necessarily. I added FFOF which I can cause issues often does. I also gave them worm tea, and then put the leftover castings on top. I should know better. I was concerned with all the nutrients in the bottom 3rd the plants would be small. I can't blame the the casserole for burning when I set the oven too high. This is 1 of those learning experiences. I have to do it again the way they say to use it before I can judge.

Back