Very cool. I'm still confused on water though. Tap water is ok and then you adjust the pH with a kit?
Yep. What I do is 1 of 2 ways. Either all R/O, or 3-1 R/O-tap water. I don't have organic cal mag yet so I like to mix in tap for some. I use Sunny-Dee containers so I know filled its a gallon without having to actually measure. Filled is a little over 1gal fyi. If using tap I put a airstone in and bubble for a day. I then add a drop of surfactant when I remember lol. Shake and take pH. Ist usually little over 7 sometimes just under. The NLS suggests 6.5-7, so I try to be as close to 6.5 without adding pH down. Mine isn't organic so less is best, but more important to have pH correct. It will kill some good bacteria, but they will grow back. If pH is off you will have issue without a doubt. So if I can get down to 6.9 with 1 drop I'll do that. I'm using FFOF with Pro mix which is supposed to buffer pH to 6.8. So if it does I'm good with the least non-organic stuff. If this makes sense I'm really stoned right now. :baked:

If you use another brand they may say another range. I am going to go by what they say to judge how well it preforms. I am going to bubble some water tonight so I can water in a day or so.

Whats this ph you speak of? :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Who_Are_You_Who_Are_So_Wise_In_The_Ways_Of_Science_Banner.jpg

Topping & Training
We are back with an update as we creep towards flower. Just don't know what's up with the HubbaBubba Haze.:shrug: I have a good bit of stuff today, but 1st things 1st... It's time to get lifted! Dabbing on Malawi with Blue Dream chaser. :lildab::lildab::lildab:

I made some more bho from the Malawi this morning so little lategetting this done. Today is day 28 yesterday I topped the FbtF.

20230531_203750.jpg
20230601_131931.jpg
20230531_110410.jpg

I also added my little humidifier it was getting a little dry. I also ordered a 5lbs bag of girl flower power from NLS. I got 15% off buying directly from them plus free shipping.

20230531_144457.jpg

Now that I got this i can use NLS, or BuildASoil. From what I heard BuildASoil needs a flower top dress/tea. Whereas NLS is a seed to harvest with the GFP helping increase yield & terpenes. I guess we're gonna see. The FbtF is going strong, but the HBH is just so small. It has these same # of nodes look OK just tiny, like a miniature. I think it's the seed. She was a little slower not as big, but still OK size tail. They got the same everything so just has to be the seed. Itsthe only difference. It's a sativa so may be a little more sensitive. Is what it is tho do what I can. Here they are I have a bunch.

20230531_203920.jpg
20230531_204002.jpg
20230530_103656.jpg
20230530_103709.jpg
20230531_110108.jpg
20230531_110142.jpg
20230531_203815.jpg
20230531_204020.jpg
20230601_131817.jpg
20230601_131839.jpg

I also started to train with these trainers. This is the 1st time I've used these, and I like them. I got a bag of 30 for like $8 on Amazon a few months ago. With these I may not need the grommets anymore. I did some supercropping as well. All of this was on the FbtF. The FbtF has been giving off a very skunky scent. I think that's a out it for now. Till next time...

Stay lifted

:smokeout:

@Mizzo81 @DCLXVI @Green Hornet @hecno @BCBudlady @Atulip @idiopathic neuropathy @Rasterman @Cannaficionado @Lil Dab @Tom Bombadil @N/A-Greengo @Entombed @Don't Fear the Reefer

Attachments

• 20230530_103642.jpg
    20230530_103642.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
My .02 cents:
Any living soil needs top dress or teas if you are gonna replant/reuse after harvest.. The first few supplement the plant through flower and the later ones are for the future plants to be sewn into same soil..at least thats what ive done... Usually with smaller pots under minimum 10 true gallons, after two cycles its best tp dump the pots into a bin and re-amend. Remove root balls and compost them along with fan leaves.. add some craft blend and glacial rock dust, oyster shell, maybe lime and frass and red wigglers and refill the pots.. Warning! Top dressing a pot with craft blend can cause a strong musty nitrogen smell for a week or longer :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :nono::nono:

My .02 cents:
Any living soil needs top dress or teas if you are gonna replant/reuse after harvest.. The first few supplement the plant through flower and the later ones are for the future plants to be sewn into same soil..at least thats what ive done... Usually with smaller pots under minimum 10 true gallons, after two cycles its best tp dump the pots into a bin and re-amend. Remove root balls and compost them along with fan leaves.. add some craft blend and glacial rock dust, oyster shell, maybe lime and frass and red wigglers and refill the pots.. Warning! Top dressing a pot with craft blend can cause a strong musty nitrogen smell for a week or longer :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :nono::nono:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the NLS is designed for kinda use once and you need to recharge it. That's how the instructions read. It's only 5 gal bag with 1lb of NLS. If you did a 10 gal with 2 lbs I'm assuming you would get 2 grows unless it's a photo that you veg for a long time. The guy was on an autoflower podcast, and suggests using teas as well. Everyone I have watched says you need to put back into the soil with teas and top dressings. From what I've seen this is a stand alone tho. Adding the GFP isn't necessary, but a good idea. The review on growweedeasy.com only used the base they didn't use GFP. It mentions you may need to add something if you have a heavy feeding cultivars. For your average plant it should be enough, but if you don't add anything it will be empty for next grow. I would prefer to keep it in balanced than let it go low, and have to try and rebound. "I tell ya what" this NLS is straight up stank. It reminds me of the diaper pale we had for our kids. Smells exactly like it foul. It goes away after like 1-2 weeks. I'm sure all these products stink tho. Like good mulch lol.

We are back with an update as we creep towards flower. Just don't know what's up with the HubbaBubba Haze.:shrug: I have a good bit of stuff today, but 1st things 1st... It's time to get lifted! Dabbing on Malawi with Blue Dream chaser. :lildab::lildab::lildab:

I made some more bho from the Malawi this morning so little lategetting this done. Today is day 28 yesterday I topped the FbtF.

View attachment 1599319View attachment 1599320View attachment 1599321
I also added my little humidifier it was getting a little dry. I also ordered a 5lbs bag of girl flower power from NLS. I got 15% off buying directly from them plus free shipping.

View attachment 1599322
Now that I got this i can use NLS, or BuildASoil. From what I heard BuildASoil needs a flower top dress/tea. Whereas NLS is a seed to harvest with the GFP helping increase yield & terpenes. I guess we're gonna see. The FbtF is going strong, but the HBH is just so small. It has these same # of nodes look OK just tiny, like a miniature. I think it's the seed. She was a little slower not as big, but still OK size tail. They got the same everything so just has to be the seed. Itsthe only difference. It's a sativa so may be a little more sensitive. Is what it is tho do what I can. Here they are I have a bunch.

View attachment 1599324View attachment 1599325View attachment 1599328View attachment 1599329View attachment 1599330View attachment 1599331View attachment 1599332View attachment 1599333View attachment 1599334View attachment 1599335

I also started to train with these trainers. This is the 1st time I've used these, and I like them. I got a bag of 30 for like $8 on Amazon a few months ago. With these I may not need the grommets anymore. I did some supercropping as well. All of this was on the FbtF. The FbtF has been giving off a very skunky scent. I think that's a out it for now. Till next time...

Stay lifted

:smokeout:

@Mizzo81 @DCLXVI @Green Hornet @hecno @BCBudlady @Atulip @idiopathic neuropathy @Rasterman @Cannaficionado @Lil Dab @Tom Bombadil @N/A-Greengo @Entombed @Don't Fear the Reefer
Buildasoil doesn't need a topdress. At least not the first run. You can go water-only. They make bank on topdress because we reuse the soil. However, I always add a little chicken poop as a topdress when the seedlings are a couple of weeks old, and dump on some craft blend when I'm going into flower.

Mulch is a really big deal for living soil, though.

Back