Germination

McDee

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Welcome to my 1st organic grow! I kinda found orgics accidentally when watching a video. I had know of organic growing, but I didn't know anything about it. While watching more, and more videos things started to add up. Everything we do as growers is trying to mimic nature. I had been doing everything to mimic it accept my medium. Using synthetic nutrients is fine I've seen some amazing plants on here Using it. I have gotten some beautiful ones myself, but I feels synthetic are more for quantity not quality. Also I have grown tired of mixing copious amounts of nutrients. I want something simple. So I have decided to try organic growing. I started a compost bin, but it's not ready yet. I saw a review of Nature's Living Soil on growweedeasy.com, and it seemed a good place to start. Here is the link.

I'm doing 2 autos in 5gal bags Mephisto HubbaBubba Haze & Atlas Froot by the Foot. Here is what I'll be using this grow.

2'x4'x5' grow tent
2 - 5gall Rain Science grow bags
Mars Hydro SP 3000
Nature's Living Soil (Autoflower)
Pro mix HP
FFOF
R/O water

There are a few ways to use NLS I went with the super soil technique. I filled 1/3 of the bags with Pro mix then mixed in 1lb of NLS. I then added a layer of FFOF. Next I cut up a 2 liter pop bottle, and placed it in the middle of the bag. I filled around the outside of the bottle with 50/50 of Pro mix & FFOF.

20230501_231620.jpg
20230501_231628.jpg
20230501_231702.jpg

Finally I filled in the bottle with Pro mix then removed it. This will allow them to grow, and move through stages of nutrient levels. 1 of the biggest issues I hear growers new to organics is over/under watering. I looked into some Irrometers, but cheapest I saw was like $80. I looked around, and grabbed a couple of these.  

20230507_222923.jpg

I know you're saying those are cheap, and yep they are. Apparently even tho they're cheap they're accurate too. The moisture & light intensity are trustworthy, but the pH isn't so much. I just want something that will give me a ballpark so I don't get too dry, or too moist.

They both broke dirt on May 5th, here they are on day 3.

Day 3.jpg
20230507_223205.jpg
20230507_223212.jpg
20230507_223218.jpg

I plan to top them, but I will see how they do before I make the final decision. Until the next update...

Stay lifted

:pass:

@Mizzo81 @DCLXVI @Green Hornet @hecno @BCBudlady @Atulip @idiopathic neuropathy @omnious @Trichome farmer @Waira @Rasterman @chuckeye @Cannaficionado @Lil Dab

Last edited:
Welcome to my 1st organic grow! I kinda found orgics accidentally when watching a video. I had know of organic growing, but I didn't know anything about it. While watching more, and more videos things started to add up. Everything we do as growers is trying to mimic nature. I had been doing everything to mimic it accept my medium. Using synthetic nutrients is fine I've seen some amazing plants on here Using it. I have gotten some beautiful ones myself, but I feels synthetic are more for quantity not quality. Also I have grown tired of mixing copious amounts of nutrients. I want something simple. So I have decided to try organic growing. I started a compost bin, but it's not ready yet. I saw a review of Nature's Living Soil on growweedeasy.com, and it seemed a good place to start. Here is the link.

I'm doing 2 autos in 5gal bags Mephisto HubbaBubba Haze & Atlas Froot by the Foot. Here is what I'll be using this grow.

2'x4'x5' grow tent
Mars Hydro SP 3000
Nature's Living Soil
Pro mix HP
FFOF
R/O water

There are a few ways to use NLS I went with the super soil technique. I filled 1/3 of the bags with Pro mix then mixed in 1lb of NLS. I then added a layer of FFOF. Next I cut up a 2 liter pop bottle, and placed it in the middle of the bag. I filled around the outside of the bottle with 50/50 of Pro mix & FFOF.

View attachment 1591419View attachment 1591420View attachment 1591421

Finally I filled in the bottle with Pro mix then removed it. This will allow them to grow, and move through stages of nutrient levels. 1 of the biggest issues I hear grower new to organics is over/under watering. I looked into some Irrometers, but cheapest I saw was like $80. I looked around, and grabbed a couple of these.  

View attachment 1591423

I know you're saying those are cheap, and yep they are. Apparently even tho they're cheap they're accurate too. The moisture & light intensity are trustworthy, but the pH isn't so much. I just want something that will give me a ballpark so I don't get too dry, or too moist.

View attachment 1591437View attachment 1591438View attachment 1591439View attachment 1591440

I plan to top them, but I will see how they do before I make the final decision. Until the next update...

Stay lifted

@Mizzo81 @DCLXVI @Green Hornet @hecno @BCBudlady @Atulip @idiopathic neuropathy @omnious @Trichome farmer @Waira @Rasterman @chuckeye @Cannaficionado @Lil Dab
Good luck to ya!!!

Wishing you great success with your first organic grow! You can always supplement as needed. :pop:
Thanks, I will be making some tea as well as girl flower power I think. It's a bloom enhancer you can top dress, or make tea with. If NLS goes well I will purchase that from them too.

Yee Harr , go for it brother . I'll will be here for you if needed , This being your first step into organic growing you are starting out right , I will not be able to advice you to much at the moment as I do not know the soils you have in your country , once you advance into making your own soil then I can help you a lot , I don't have to worry about soil Ph as I all ways get a Ph of 7 , -- One big thing to remember and is very important is to feed you soil -- :thumbsup:

Yee Harr , go for it brother . I'll will be here for you if needed , This being your first step into organic growing you are starting out right , I will not be able to advice you to much at the moment as I do not know the soils you have in your country , once you advance into making your own soil then I can help you a lot , I don't have to worry about soil Ph as I all ways get a Ph of 7 , -- One big thing to remember and is very important is to feed you soil -- :thumbsup:
That's good news to hear! I'm sure I'll need some guidance. I'm getting ready to brew some worm casting tea soon once they start to grow. I need it for my outdoor plants also. I have strawberries, and adding a couple blueberry bushes too. My wife has some flowers that will join the party as well. I can't wait till I can produce compost on my own, that's when the $avings really begin!

Stay lifted bud

:baked:

2'x4'x5' grow tent
Mars Hydro SP 3000
Nature's Living Soil
Pro mix HP
FFOF
R/O water

View attachment 1591419View attachment 1591420View attachment 1591421

Finally I filled in the bottle with Pro mix then removed it. This will allow them to grow, and move through stages of nutrient levels. 1 of the biggest issues I hear grower new to organics is over/under watering. I looked into some Irrometers, but cheapest I saw was like $80. I looked around, and grabbed a couple of these.  

View attachment 1591423

View attachment 1591437View attachment 1591438View attachment 1591439View attachment 1591440

Stay lifted

Good luck! I just fairly recently made my own foray into living soil and I'm pretty happy that it's much less complicated.

I do cheat occasionally because I'm in smaller pots. I have some organic flowering fertilizer that I use occasionally and sparingly if I get into trouble but that doesn't happen very often.

Back