Thanks bud for all the info. I don't get it man I adding and spinning the compost almost every day. I saw the worms. Then it rained bad and the worms were gone for like 2-3 weeks and then I saw them a few days ago again. What can I do to prevent them from showing up in the future?

:pass:
Get your brown and green ratios( carbon to nitrogen) in the right combination to heat that ***** up!
And keep it from getting wet! :joy::crying:
Those rotating composters are usually pretty quick. I kinda wish I had one again now.I had one way back ........way way way back .... But I quickly outgrew it and gave it to one of my neighbors.:crying:
You can inoculate it in many ways to get it going. Worm castings are easy and you should have some. You could mix up some Recharge with a little bit of molasses.
Just remember, you can be off on the ratios. It will just not heat up quite as much and maybe take a little longer. The only downside is that it may not kill all the pests and pathogens. But you're usually good if it has been held at high temp for at least 36 hours.
But where most people screw up is too little or too much water. I had a good teacher. She was my Grandma! I've been making compost since the mid 60s!:face::haha::haha::haha::haha:

At my farm, I made compost with dump trucks and tractors!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::cools:

Edit............................ Remember, you don't have to inoculate it with anything. There's plenty of bacteria on it when you put it inside it. It just helps get it started quicker and maybe you can direct it with specific types of bacteria.

OK, I didnt know the too dry/too wet would make such an impact. It was on the dry side more often I add mostly fruit scrapes, coffee grinds, brown paper, weed leaves. With all the water in the fruit I didn't want to make it too wet, but I guess that was wrong. At least I now know that lol. What should I do, can I put a tarp over my bin?

Before I empty my bin out could I add this to it?

Amazon product

The left side of my bin is about half filled. The right side doesn't have much in it. It would be easier, and less messy if this would work.

Last edited:
I have my new bags ready to go. Put some grommets on, and just about time to fill.

20230813_205403.jpg
20230813_205415.jpg
20230813_205846.jpg

These bags are QUALITY! A little pricey after tax & shipping, but are probably the finest bags you can get. If there are higher quality bags out there I can't imagine what they approved upon. The stitch work is impeccable. With that said these are a luxury, and not worth it to everybody. I don't normally splurge often, but I had to have them. Not sure I would buy more ONLY because of the cost. Now, some of his other bags are much more reasonable and would purchase some of those. These 2 5gal living soil cost me $115.00 to my door.

:jawdrop:
That's a lot for me to spend on 2 bags, but they're absolutely stunning. :drool: I bought these in hopes to slow down watering, but now with the autopots not really an issue. Go check him out on Etsy his shop is called Honor the Plant. Super nice guy name is slipping my mind, but quality products.

Stay lifted

OK, I did know the too dry/too wet would make such an impact. It was on the dry side more often I add mostly fruit scrapes, coffee grinds, brown paper, weed leaves. With all the water in the fruit I didn't want to make it too wet, but I guess that was wrong. At least I now know that lol. What should I do, can I put a tarp over my bin?

Before I empty my bin out could I add this to it?

Amazon product

The left side of my bin is about half filled. The right side doesn't have much in it. It would be easier, and less messy if this would work.

intentionally overwater a plant in a cloth pot for reference.. Youll be surprised how much water they can handle in tlo :thumbsup:

Welcome back! It's about time to wrap up this grow, and move on to the next 1. Thanks to everyone who stopped by, and for the help along the way! :thanks:

Before we put a pin in this, I think it's time we get lifted 1st. So please join me if you can.:pass:

I got the HubbaBubba Haze bagged up, and curing. She was 82g's. Buds are small, but her rosin is some good shit! Hard to collect very runny. I think her thin consistency is because she is very terpy. Not usually something I deal with, but a good problem if you ask me lol. So between the 2 i got a little over 200g's. I'll take that from 2 plants on most grows. I would definitely recommend the 2 cultivars both have great taste and smell highs are good. Both were easy going just don't let you pot dry out lol. I am happy with the NLS. I have more auto mix & photo mix I will use up after I try the Craft blend which is next. The bags are filled & watered. Autopot was cleaned out trays too. Everything is ready just waiting on the Craft blend to cook. It's been cooking for a bit, tomorrow will be a week. I know I got another week, but is there a way I can tell if it's proceeding properly? NLS sent me a 15% off code, if anyone would like it let me know. I think that's a wrap as they say. So thanks again for tagging along, and until next time...

Stay lifted

:smokeout:

@Mizzo81 @DCLXVI @Green Hornet @hecno @BCBudlady @Atulip @idiopathic neuropathy @Rasterman @Cannaficionado @Lil Dab @Tom Bombadil @N/A-Greengo @Entombed @Don't Fear the Reefer @Talonxracer @WildBill

Good job. I can’t wait to see the next grow now with some more experience and the autopot system to help out with the watering.
Thanks bud, with the autopots it feels like all the hard work is done already lol. Once I germinate them, which I think tomorrow I will start. I only need to hand water for like 2 weeks, or so until autopots start. Then not much I'll need to do other than maintaining reservoir. I may need to add some more Craft blend went with a little less. I figure I can add more, I can't take it out. That I will do as a top dress. Just turn off res for a few days, and hand water it in if needed. Everything else like recharge, GFP, worm castings, etc... I will turn off res and apply it as a tea.

Back