twenty20 Quality of Twenty20?

milkmann

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi guys, as the title suggest...I'm used to growing Mephisto but want some more variation without a sacrifice in quality. The last grow I had some Sweet Seeds along with the Mephisto and it wasn't even comparable.

I have my eye on T20, Ethos & Tastebudz as viable alternatives, as well as Mosca.

Specifically, I'm looking at the Knows Candy, X-Factor, Durban Sunrise, Whiskey Zulu & Vidamints 1:1.

Just wondering what people's experiences with T20 are in comparison to the well known top-tier breeders, and if anyone has any comments on the above strains.

Many thanks!

Hi guys, as the title suggest...I'm used to growing Mephisto but want some more variation without a sacrifice in quality. The last grow I had some Sweet Seeds along with the Mephisto and it wasn't even comparable.

I have my eye on T20, Ethos & Tastebudz as viable alternatives, as well as Mosca.

Specifically, I'm looking at the Knows Candy, X-Factor, Durban Sunrise, Whiskey Zulu & Vidamints 1:1.

Just wondering what people's experiences with T20 are in comparison to the well known top-tier breeders, and if anyone has any comments on the above strains.

Many thanks!
Hello i have grown tastbuds beans just done orange cookies every bit as good as mephisto. seed stockers better then mephisto Candy dawg is a banging plant strong as fck and smells divine . Top shelf elite are another very good one black valium top notch. I have knose candy to do next run but have herd nothing but good things about T20.

Of the breeders listed I've grown both 20Twenty and Ethos. Both produced great bud.

The 20Twenty Trizzlers is what I am smoking on currently and it is wonderful (though I wish I would have given her another week). Next from them will be the Vidamints to see if compares to the Meph CannaCheese (which is my fave 1:1).

Of the Ethos I've grown the Plant of the Grapes is my favorite (followed close by Pluto Cut). PotG was the first "grape" cultivar I've grown that was more grape than gas, which I prefer.

If you can find them, I would also recommend anything from RocBud Inc.

Happy Growing! :toke:

Tastebuds, Ethos and Rocbud autos have been filling my grow spots for couple of years and have been happy and a quality match with any....but 3 whiskey zulus stretched and leaned more sativa with airy buds. Wasn't my fav.

Everything I've run from Twenty20 has been top notch. A real house favorite across several strains. Grown Trizkit a couple times and currently have Hotz and Mendo Skunky Garlic in flower. Easily a top choice here. I'm a bit biased but, results have been stellar. I would definitely recommend at least giving them a try. Very small company but the breeder is active here and you can ask questions etc. Very cool company.

PS - I don't partake so everything is second hand but, I do get asked to grow a couple of the T20 strains again.

@Twenty20 Adam

Tastebuds, Ethos and Rocbud autos have been filling my grow spots for couple of years and have been happy and a quality match with any....but 3 whiskey zulus stretched and leaned more sativa with airy buds. Wasn't my fav.
Sorry the Whiskeys didn't turn out good for you! It can be a sativa leaner but we don't usually see airy buds. We have a few new drops that may spark your interest. If you are interested in running one let me know. We've been really happy with the F4 Ogreberry and the f4 Knows Candy.

Sorry the Whiskeys didn't turn out good for you! It can be a sativa leaner but we don't usually see airy buds. We have a few new drops that may spark your interest. If you are interested in running one let me know. We've been really happy with the F4 Ogreberry and the f4 Knows Candy.
I appreciate the advice as I'm constantly trying new strains in my perpetual grow. I'll definitely try some more of 2020 autos.

I’m a new grower so can’t compare to other auto breeders but have only positive things to say about Twenty20 gear, beginner friendly and can handle anything a lot of stress/mistakes.

The Whiskey Zulus are smaller but the smells are insane…super sweet and candy like from tent to bag. Was my first run, in 3 gal fabric pots, next to a Barney’s Farm Zkittlez OG auto (the smaller one lower left). Harvested at day 70. WZ outshined Barney’s ZOG in every way except bud density, the ZOG were super dense nugs…WZ was miles ahead in ice water hash yield. Also WZ was way easier to trim, the Barney’s ZOG was a pain to clean up after drying.

0A0C1F1B-36BF-4FAF-B80C-9A5434027AFC.jpeg

Just finished my second grow, increased to a 5 gal pot, ran X-Factor OG. Harvested her a few days ago at day 91, here’s an equivalent “day before” lights out pic. No contest, even in a 5 gal the Whiskey Zulu’s are faster so naturally they stay smaller. This one took heat/light stress, LST, defol, supercropping, and a dry spell when I went away a couple days…didn’t give me any problems really, just taught me how to adapt quickly during a run which is a pain in a small corner space ha! WZ still takes the cake in the nose department, getting a sweet lemongrass smell from X-Factor that isn’t bad but it’s not WZ. I’m interested to see how the XF OG compares with hash dropping.

813BF39C-ADA9-4BC1-A676-FF3B24FB525A.jpeg

Really only way one to find out if they work for you and your environment though, at least you know when you spend your hard earned money on their gear you’re getting legit worked and tested genetics. Recently got some 420 FastBuds and Meph gear to see for myself how they compare, running the FB Original Blueberry auto next in a 5 gal but am going to do a solo cup Twenty20 Trizzlers in case.

Last edited:
Wow loving the responses in here so far guys, thanks a lot for the contributions!

Hello i have grown tastbuds beans just done orange cookies every bit as good as mephisto. seed stockers better then mephisto Candy dawg is a banging plant strong as fck and smells divine . Top shelf elite are another very good one black valium top notch. I have knose candy to do next run but have herd nothing but good things about T20.
I have heard good things about the Orange Cookies quite a lot, have you grown it before? If so, how does it smoke etc? Seed stockers? Just checked them out - are these proven genetics? Could be a really interesting find if so. The Top Shelf Elite stuff looks really interesting too, never heard of a lot of those crosses. If they grow and smoke as good as they sound on paper that's really exciting!

Of the breeders listed I've grown both 20Twenty and Ethos. Both produced great bud.

The 20Twenty Trizzlers is what I am smoking on currently and it is wonderful (though I wish I would have given her another week). Next from them will be the Vidamints to see if compares to the Meph CannaCheese (which is my fave 1:1).

Of the Ethos I've grown the Plant of the Grapes is my favorite (followed close by Pluto Cut). PotG was the first "grape" cultivar I've grown that was more grape than gas, which I prefer.

If you can find them, I would also recommend anything from RocBud Inc.

Happy Growing! :toke:

Knows Candy and Trizzlers are ones I see mentioned on here and reddit fairly often as being pretty good T20 standouts. The Vidamints interests me for exactly the same reason as you - the Canna-Cheese is also my favourite 1:1, and quite possibly my favourite overall strain. It's just a shame they never release them on the drops! Interesting re. the POTG and Pluto. I was tempted by them, but ended up listing the Banana Daddy, Pina and Lilac Diesel as the ones that piqued my interest the most - have you any experience with any of these? I've also heard good things about RocBudInc. Thanks for the confirmation.
Noted, thanks. Although I've also heard fantastic things about WZ, in particular the terpene profile. What did you think about that on the WZ?
My last grow was a Glue Sniffer.
Grew with zero issues, got over 3 ounces, & the consumers (I Don’t Smoke) absolutely love it.
Was this an auto? I can't find that on their site in the auto section. Glue Sniffer sounds amazing though!
Everything I've run from Twenty20 has been top notch. A real house favorite across several strains. Grown Trizkit a couple times and currently have Hotz and Mendo Skunky Garlic in flower. Easily a top choice here. I'm a bit biased but, results have been stellar. I would definitely recommend at least giving them a try. Very small company but the breeder is active here and you can ask questions etc. Very cool company.

PS - I don't partake so everything is second hand but, I do get asked to grow a couple of the T20 strains again.

@Twenty20 Adam
Great stuff. Love this. Given me a great confidence boost to go and try them now - you all have! Mendo Skunky Garlic I've heard is one of their best - are there any plans to do this in auto format @Twenty20 Adam ?
I’m a new grower so can’t compare to other auto breeders but have only positive things to say about Twenty20 gear, beginner friendly and can handle anything a lot of stress/mistakes.

The Whiskey Zulus are smaller but the smells are insane…super sweet and candy like from tent to bag. Was my first run, in 3 gal fabric pots, next to a Barney’s Farm Zkittlez OG auto (the smaller one lower left). Harvested at day 70. WZ outshined Barney’s ZOG in every way except bud density, the ZOG were super dense nugs…WZ was miles ahead in ice water hash yield. Also WZ was way easier to trim, the Barney’s ZOG was a pain to clean up after drying.

View attachment 1438689

Just finished my second grow, increased to a 5 gal pot, ran X-Factor OG. Harvested her a few days ago at day 91, here’s an equivalent “day before” lights out pic. No contest, even in a 5 gal the Whiskey Zulu’s are faster so naturally they stay smaller. This one took heat/light stress, LST, defol, supercropping, and a dry spell when I went away a couple days…didn’t give me any problems really, just taught me how to adapt quickly during a run which is a pain in a small corner space ha! WZ still takes the cake in the nose department, getting a sweet lemongrass smell from X-Factor that isn’t bad but it’s not WZ. I’m interested to see how the XF OG compares with hash dropping.

View attachment 1438690

Really only way one to find out if they work for you and your environment though, at least you know when you spend your hard earned money on their gear you’re getting legit worked and tested genetics. Recently got some 420 FastBuds and Meph gear to see for myself how they compare, running the FB Original Blueberry auto next in a 5 gal but am going to do a solo cup Twenty20 Trizzlers in case.

Everything here looks absolutely insane - great work. Massive plants! If mine turn out anything like these I'll be absolutely chuffed. And the fact they took stressors and droughts - sounds like they're perfect for my clumsy hands LOL

Back