Tent Questions

Hi all...I didn't see anything specific on tent set ups and so forth...

So I'm going to sticky this thread for any questions and answers that you members with tents, can answer...

Also, if you have any pics of how your tent is set up, please post them...Pictures say a 1000 words...:thumbs:
Basically, as far as pics go, mostly looking for how yours is set up...Not so much about the plants...

Thanks for your cooperation and I hope this thread gets the attention that new tent buyers, like myself, can gain some info...:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am about to purchase my first tent and I want to use the knowledge out there to see if I have everything I need or if any of this is over kill. I am moving from a dual closet setup to a single tent but plan on getting another in a couple of months. So this is what I have on my list to get.
1- gl145 tent 4.9x4.9x6.7
1- vortex 6" incline fan 449cfm
1- phresh 6"x24" 550cfm
1- phresh 6"x18" duct muffler
1- active air speed controller
4- pro grip adjustable light hangers
2- magnum plus leds (already have these)
2- 6" clip on fans
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going to use passive intake and want to mount the filter in the tent or on the floor. I need to make this purchase as soon as possible because of odor issues right now!

Looks like you've got the basics covered. You'll need some ducting, connectors, tape, etc., but I'm sure you know that. When I set up my tent I ended up having to do things differently than I planned when looking at it on paper. So you might have to make a few trips to the hardware store for odds and ends until you get everything tweaked exactly the way you need it. I'm loving growing in a tent & I wish I'd gotten one sooner.

there is nothing wrong with running your filter 24/7...the smell is always there. it is not hurting anything at all to blow it through your hoods. looks like a good setup to me.
Not really. I think it'll connect like this: carbon filter, 400 cfm fan, air cooled hood, out exhaust. Now incoming will be 160 cfm inline booster fan with a pre-filter on it, on the floor, pulling cooler air off the floor. My lights will be on a schedule of 20/4.

So running the fan/filter, through my air cooler hood, all the time, isn't a good idea?

Thanks Andy! Yea I am supper excited to have a more stealth and controlled environment! I am going to run photos and autos on the first run to see how it works out brother. Hoping to get 3-4 photos in 5.2 gallon airpots and 6-8 autos in 2 & 3.2 gallon airpots. Depends on whether I can mount the filter on the roof of the tent or it stays on the floor but all of that I will work out when I build the tent. I already have insulated duct and tape and I will grab some connectors after I know what I need.

Thanks Andy! Yea I am supper excited to have a more stealth and controlled environment! I am going to run photos and autos on the first run to see how it works out brother. Hoping to get 3-4 photos in 5.2 gallon airpots and 6-8 autos in 2 & 3.2 gallon airpots. Depends on whether I can mount the filter on the roof of the tent or it stays on the floor but all of that I will work out when I build the tent. I already have insulated duct and tape and I will grab some connectors after I know what I need.

It's a little off the tent sub. but I wanted to let you know that on my last grow, I ran my auto's with my Photo's at 12/12. The auto's didn't care to much for that light schedule. Low weights and low THC counts. I know this cause I ran one of my own crosses on the 12/12 and it's "high" power was about 1/2 of what it usually is... :2cents:

Now, for me, I'll continue my micro grow. That way I'll always have plants on 20/4...Even my photo's, until I decide to throw them in the tent and 12/12 them...

there is nothing wrong with running your filter 24/7...the smell is always there. it is not hurting anything at all to blow it through your hoods. looks like a good setup to me.

Thanks BuddyLove...I was really hoping to hear this cause it's how I got my configuration planed...I'm not using any Co2, so I'm not concerned with loosing what I'm not using...:crying:

that was my findings too rip.... i did some stuff outdoor (actually your AKRunners) and they were kickass indoor... but outdoor with less light and not as great a conditions i was a little dissapointed.... I tried some others too... even bad betty who can handle 10 hours light just didnt perform outdoor like it did indoor... granted i went straight in ground and not in pots and a few other enviro factors were different from indoor... but again... I'll agree with you... they like their long hours light... :smokebuds:

Some seem to have a bad time with 12/12 and autos while some do alright . This Purple Ryder is in with photos under 12/12 and has gotten huge .

img_1490.jpg

a bioDeisel Mass auto was in there before and also came in huge with great potency .

Guess it may depend on the strain etc .

Thanks Ripster I plan on running them on 24/0 for the first 5 weeks and then switched to 12/12. I have heard it does effect the yield some but from some reports its not to bad. I am only going to do this for one grow until I get my funds right to buy another gl145. Then I will have seperate tents with both running over 700 watts of led juice!

Some seem to have a bad time with 12/12 and autos while some do alright . This Purple Ryder is in with photos under 12/12 and has gotten huge .

View attachment 61298

a bioDeisel Mass auto was in there before and also came in huge with great potency .

Guess it may depend on the strain etc .

Well you may be right to a point....I did have a Purple Jem that got huge under 12/12, but it did lack potency....So IDK...

Well you may be right to a point..

Lol , that's why I said some do alright while others not so much . Have yet to try the Purple Ryder for potency , but will see how it does shortly

Back