Tent Questions

Hi all...I didn't see anything specific on tent set ups and so forth...

So I'm going to sticky this thread for any questions and answers that you members with tents, can answer...

Also, if you have any pics of how your tent is set up, please post them...Pictures say a 1000 words...:thumbs:
Basically, as far as pics go, mostly looking for how yours is set up...Not so much about the plants...

Thanks for your cooperation and I hope this thread gets the attention that new tent buyers, like myself, can gain some info...:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tents are awesome. Currently have 3. 4x4x4 6.3x6.3x6.3 and 4x8x6.5. Got them all off ebay and they work great. Especially the ones with zippers on both front and back. makes watering a lot easier. Also if you're running co2 tank and regulator it saves a lot of co2

Thanks PhammyD, your input is appreciated...:booya: Any pics? How you set up each tent, filter placement and so forth would be fantastic...

Thanks PhammyD, your input is appreciated...:booya: Any pics? How you set up each tent, filter placement and so forth would be fantastic...

Ill upload some pics tomorrow. I dont use a filter. Need to get one lol. I heard the best way to use a filter is to have is sitting in the room with its own separate fan and on a timer.

Ill upload some pics tomorrow. I dont use a filter. Need to get one lol. I heard the best way to use a filter is to have is sitting in the room with its own separate fan and on a timer.

That sound's great. Can't wait to see it...
That's my plan, putting the filter in the tent...

Oops, I read it wrong. But I am putting mine inside the tent. I plan on pulling air in from my grow ROOM, which will still have plants growing in it. This way, all my indoor air will be filtered before it goes outside...:2cents:

Do you plan on having it on seperate fan? Either will work but if u have it running the whole time ur lights are on then it will waste the life of it. Depending on the size of your area you should only have the filter on for a certain amount of time. Get a timer that has 15min intervals. I would do on 15 min then off for 30 then on again. Unless your area is really small

Do you plan on having it on seperate fan? Either will work but if u have it running the whole time ur lights are on then it will waste the life of it. Depending on the size of your area you should only have the filter on for a certain amount of time. Get a timer that has 15min intervals. I would do on 15 min then off for 30 then on again. Unless your area is really small

Not really. I think it'll connect like this: carbon filter, 400 cfm fan, air cooled hood, out exhaust. Now incoming will be 160 cfm inline booster fan with a pre-filter on it, on the floor, pulling cooler air off the floor. My lights will be on a schedule of 20/4.

So running the fan/filter, through my air cooler hood, all the time, isn't a good idea?

So I am about to purchase my first tent and I want to use the knowledge out there to see if I have everything I need or if any of this is over kill. I am moving from a dual closet setup to a single tent but plan on getting another in a couple of months. So this is what I have on my list to get.
1- gl145 tent 4.9x4.9x6.7
1- vortex 6" incline fan 449cfm
1- phresh 6"x24" 550cfm
1- phresh 6"x18" duct muffler
1- active air speed controller
4- pro grip adjustable light hangers
2- magnum plus leds (already have these)
2- 6" clip on fans
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going to use passive intake and want to mount the filter in the tent or on the floor. I need to make this purchase as soon as possible because of odor issues right now!

Back