Lighting Test grow with DIY light (4x Citizen CLU048 with 200w meanwell driver / DP AutoEuforia)

Man, must agree with the others, a real beast of a plant, bud.
She is a keeper for sure (no hit and runs with this one)
She is going to reward you with an insane amount of bud, bud...
Into the final stretch we go!

DAY 94

pH 6.2
EC 1.2
RH 50

Alright. Now we are finally starting to see the buds gaining some mass. Not a lot yet but atleast some. As I am all out of headroom for the light, I ended up running it dialed down to 100w this keeps the electricity comsumption low while there seems to still be enough photon bombardment to have light burn to some of the top leaves. So far I am not happy how this grow has been going, I've had to remove plenty of entire branches that are showing signs of dying off and the plant doesn't seem to be too healthy anymore. I still continue pushing this as far as she goes since I want to see how much of bud can we push out with what we give her.

Pics:

AE D94 topshot.JPG

AE D94 sideshot.JPG

AE D94 budshot.JPG

DAY 101

pH 6.2
EC 0.8
RH 50

We are beyond the 100 days mark now and the buds are swelling. Not as much swelling as I would have hoped for; I think it is due to limiting the light output due to close proximity of the canopy to the light source and all the light burn resulting from that. COB's seem to deliver very well, I think this particular phenotype did just strangle herself in this limited space that I had and I really wasn't able to control her vertical growth with the means I've usually managed to.

I've now noticed that the plant does not want to eat as much while it sure still likes to drink plenty of water. This mean that there is healthy metabolism and some weeks to go for sure. I go for significantly lighter feed to avoid any unwanted peaks in EC and lowering pH as I that seemed to start to happen with previous strenght. Even though I am bit let down on the volume of the buds so far, it is one crazy plant though. I think next I will try to select a very compact strain that wouldn't go and explode on me like this one. When I give this strain another try, I think I will try to limit the rootspace in order to get her to keep smaller form.

This experience has shown me that dimmer option is awesome and very useful. I set my goal to have minimum of 100g dry from this grow so we can stay at 1 gpw margin for the performance. Anything less is a total letdown in my books, considering the amount of days spent on this grow.

PICS

AE D101 sideshot.JPG

AE D101 bud.JPG

DAY 101

pH 6.2
EC 0.8
RH 50

We are beyond the 100 days mark now and the buds are swelling. Not as much swelling as I would have hoped for; I think it is due to limiting the light output due to close proximity of the canopy to the light source and all the light burn resulting from that. COB's seem to deliver very well, I think this particular phenotype did just strangle herself in this limited space that I had and I really wasn't able to control her vertical growth with the means I've usually managed to.

I've now noticed that the plant does not want to eat as much while it sure still likes to drink plenty of water. This mean that there is healthy metabolism and some weeks to go for sure. I go for significantly lighter feed to avoid any unwanted peaks in EC and lowering pH as I that seemed to start to happen with previous strenght. Even though I am bit let down on the volume of the buds so far, it is one crazy plant though. I think next I will try to select a very compact strain that wouldn't go and explode on me like this one. When I give this strain another try, I think I will try to limit the rootspace in order to get her to keep smaller form.

This experience has shown me that dimmer option is awesome and very useful. I set my goal to have minimum of 100g dry from this grow so we can stay at 1 gpw margin for the performance. Anything less is a total letdown in my books, considering the amount of days spent on this grow.

PICS

View attachment 739005

View attachment 739004

Great growing sir, I'm confident you'll get at least 100g off her!

DAY 107

pH 6.1
EC 0.9

Buds have sure fattened up, even though I would have hoped them to be bit more fat. As I am observing all the signs of this baby reaching for her harvestpoint, lesser appetite for nutes, lesser drinking and leaves, I am planning on taking her down in just couple of days. I don't think we can push much more out of her. I checked the tricomes and all of them are milky white so to avoid too much of amber (I'd like to secure some variety fit for happy daytime activities for my patient) this might be a very good time to do the chop. For 100w it seems like the performance is acceptable. I don't think its a fair review yet for what these Citizen COB's can do. I think in future I will try something that naturally stays rather short so I can attemp to give it a full blast of 200w without burning the plant.

PICS:

AE 107 closeup.JPG

AE D107 bud.JPG

AE D107 sideshot.JPG

DAY 107

pH 6.1
EC 0.9

Buds have sure fattened up, even though I would have hoped them to be bit more fat. As I am observing all the signs of this baby reaching for her harvestpoint, lesser appetite for nutes, lesser drinking and leaves, I am planning on taking her down in just couple of days. I don't think we can push much more out of her. I checked the tricomes and all of them are milky white so to avoid too much of amber (I'd like to secure some variety fit for happy daytime activities for my patient) this might be a very good time to do the chop. For 100w it seems like the performance is acceptable. I don't think its a fair review yet for what these Citizen COB's can do. I think in future I will try something that naturally stays rather short so I can attemp to give it a full blast of 200w without burning the plant.

PICS:

View attachment 741962

View attachment 741963

View attachment 741964

First of all great growing bro, you've filled that space I know you'd prefer more girth to the colas, but I'm sure there's a fair bit there, I approximate 150g plus.

Think you could leave it one more week and get some swell, still some white pistils.

First of all great growing bro, you've filled that space I know you'd prefer more girth to the colas, but I'm sure there's a fair bit there, I approximate 150g plus.

Think you could leave it one more week and get some swell, still some white pistils.

I second another week... Looks fantastic buddy.. Only 100w....very nice

I am not sure if they are honestly going to swell any more than that. But since both of you are on that opinion, yeah, I should give them another week to see if we can get anything more out of her still! Thanks for the compliments! I cannot wait for another test grow with this light!

DAY 114 - Harvest

Thank you for convincing me to give her another week still. She seems to have bulked up some still and definately looks ripe for taking now. I honestly didn't ever think it would be this epic of a grow. I will let you know what the dry weight was when I have dried it all up. Gosh that is going to be a lot of work. I hate doing harvests of this type of crops with multiple small buds rather than those few fat ones. You know what, I think I just throw away the lower popcornbuds. I just rip them out and have them separate for making some coconut infused oil or something.

Overall I am satisfied with the initial results judging from the amount of colas but this was so weird grow this time I think it will not be fair review of what these Citizen COB's (1212) can do.

PICS:

AE D114 overview.JPG

AE D114 bud.JPG

AE D114 buds.JPG

Back