Lovely pics dude. Very interested to see haw the normal creme mandarins compare to the xl versions.

Agreed @sanguine - that was one of the things I was looking forward to discovering during this grow!

The leaf shape already looks completely different.
Sure - its the first leaf ... but ... clear differences in the germination/seedling structure.
Watching with interest to see if that continues.

Looking good Yozhik... Just getting 16 seeds to germ and off to a nice start is no easy task for some, your attention to detail pays off and I have no doubt this will be another successful grow. :thumbsup:

Hey @Hansbricks - thanks for stopping by! :pighug:

Attention to detail = a Myers/Briggs INTP, control freak with an anal personality
:crying:

... but yeah - happy to see a 100% germination rate, that's for sure.

Thanks for providing the perfect launchpad for a mini-rant ...
:yay1:

[RANT]

For any 'newbie' [like me], I am totally convinced the success of my first grow, and the start to this grow, is primarily down to focusing on one thing ... environmental control.

And for that, I feel compelled to acknowledge the work and unselfish information sharing of the likes of @TaNg and @seymour-buds, et al ... whose yield busting journals of 'new Dutch Passion strains' I read front to back, multiple times, over many, many months, before taking the plunge myself.

When you read the journals and attestations of those growers, and any/all successful grower(s), the one common factor that stands out like the dog's balls is an obsessive/compulsive control over the growing environment ... temperatures, humidity, pH, etc. ... and this 'perfect environment' is then simply replicated each and every grow.

Get the environment correct, and they'll grow with just water. [See. Mother Nature]
Get it wrong, and it doesn't matter what concoction of high-end nutrients and magic potions you throw at them, chances are, the grow will suffer.

That's all I focus on - obsessively.
The seeds will take care of themselves - seed breeders [like Sweet Seeds et al] have got the genetics down to a fine art.
It's simply not an issue or element of the grow that needs to be questioned.

Environment, environment, environment ... "build it; they will come."​

[/RANT]

DAY 7:

Temperatures: ... Ambient Room 25 ℃ [+/- 2 ℃]
Humidity RH%: ... 45 [+/- 5%]
Lighting: ... 2 x 600w HPS
Schedule: ... 24/0

Feeding: ... Nil

Some funky leaves creeping on to Campus.
Maybe they are throwing a little hissy fit with the recent introduction of dry/wet cycling.
Might also be a signal that it's time to go to 20/4 now that the germination-to-seedling period is pretty much over.

At least I know it's not nute burn ... they're not getting any!
... well, other than Radical Nutrients 'Mr Root', but given thats a gentle root stimulator, I would be VERY surprised if there is any adverse reaction going on there.

Anyway ... will monitor closely - as always.
Environment is steady and within optimum parameters, so whatever it is, can be fixed without any long term harm.
It might be something as simple as the height of the HPS lighting. Maybe the seedlings have crept a little too close to them?
Will check it.

Cream Caramel Auto x 1
6qAWQKG.jpg

Cream Mandarine Auto x 3
G3u0dMq.jpg

Cream Mandarine XL Auto x 4
ZUC6eh4.jpg

Green Poison Auto x 4
CP3eHFc.jpg

Sweet Trainwreck Auto x 4
JGzj1Gk.jpg

DAY 8:

Nutrients:
Mr Roots @ 1.0 ml/l
Sensi Grow A + B @ 1.0 ml/l

pH of Feed: ... 6.4
EC of Feed: ... 1.5
Feeding: ... ~ 1.0L

Cafeteria was open on Campus this morning.
The girls were gagging for it!
They're in for a treat too - their first taste of Advanced Nutrients' Sensi Grow A+B.

Let's see how they respond to both the feeding and the change in diet.

As you'll see in the pics below, there's some 'interesting' leaf shapes going on, and the growth isn't exactly uniform across all the students on Campus. However - it's only Day 8. Any differences at this stage are magnified. Could be a completely different story in just 1 week, so no panic button pushing just yet.

Campus
oCYl58k.jpg

Cream Caramel Auto x 1
MiK0h6d.jpg

Cream Mandarine Auto x 3
EYaR8NQ.jpg

HPIQNg7.jpg

Green Poison Auto x 4
XymYZss.jpg

GLmPP6z.jpg

DAY 9:

Feeding: ... NIL

Going by the overnight growth spurt, I think it's fair to say the students LOVED the food of Sensi Grow A+B that was served at the Campus Cafeteria yesterday!

The leaf growth is evident in the pics, but what isn't so obvious is the additional height the little students put on as well.

Today is a non-feeding day ... again, just getting them into a rhythm of a wet/dry cycle.

Still a wide variety of leaf shapes, sizes and external beauty - such is life - BUT the one that looks the most disheveled is also the one that put on a power of girth and height overnight - viz. Cream Mandarine Auto #3 - whose lowest leaves are looking decidedly homeless and unkempt.

Looks can be deceiving ...

Really enjoying the uniformity of the Green Poison Auto, and the randomness and SIZE of the Cream Mandarine XL Auto is also a joy to watch develop.

I'm loving this grow already - the diversity that's unfolding is awesome to witness.

Campus
zMLb1zS.jpg

Cream Caramel Auto x 1
M8P3UQj.jpg

Cream Mandarine Auto x 3
DNHlqan.jpg

QyS84d4.jpg

Green Poison Auto x 4
D6ePe68.jpg

cd1Uajk.jpg

As much as I am enjoying the start to this grow, my mind is already fast forwarding to the hell of trimming 16 plants.
Any suggestions?
Recommended trimmers?
Volunteers?
Black magic?

Have you got any canna loving mates? Or have you checked out any bowl trimmers? I think @Weedman30 uses one. Im sure he'll tell you if its worth it

Have you got any canna loving mates?
Yes - but not locally.

Or have you checked out any bowl trimmers? I think @Weedman30 uses one. Im sure he'll tell you if its worth it

I have ... but what concerns me about them is the number of negative comments re: damage to end product.
i.e. it's a veritable 'trichome 9/11' ... a.k.a. controlled demolition

For convenience, and time wise - major positives though.

I'm officially on the fence about them.

:pighug:

Back