Is curing for vaping different? I hear ya'll talk about the smoke quality a lot, but I don't smoke. On the rare time I do, it all taste like shit to me! Just wondering if there is a different method for vape VS combustion? I've never been in a dispensary so I don't know if they sell different product for different methods?
I have noticed that the longer it's curing really brings out the flavour I'm a joint kinda guy though never vaped before though so cant comment on that

Welcome in the club...........View attachment 546857

How much ermmmmmmmm........ripe.....bud to one Boveda?

I have a jar with some 175 g Six Shooter buds that was judged in the same condition, there is 3 Boveda's inside......for about 2 weeks now.......so far the condition hasn't changed, sorry to report.....stems snappy and weight just the same.

3 of the little'uns? ... [ 8 grams?]
Or 3 of the big'uns? ... [60 grams?]

I've got similar weight of bud that you have of your Six Shooter with 1 x Big Bertha Boveda.

I'm pretty much of the mindset of if its a little dry, its a little dry.
Better to err on the side of crispy than damp.

Yeah, it's the Big Berthas I use....... I did a little test, as I was trimming I dropped all the popcorn wet in a jar with a Boveda, some 30 g and 36 hours later there was condensation inside the jar. By then the Boveda felt very much more liquid rather than gel like. Weighed the thing, 91 g and then kept it at 45-55 % RH for 3 days and dumped it on the scale again, 83 g. That's a release of 8 g or roughly 10 % water vapor in 3 days......... And extrapolated to the 175 g jar with 3 Bovedas there was enough water available to show a weight increase if the buds reabsorbed any moisture..... Not, so far!

Yeah, it's the Big Berthas I use....... I did a little test, as I was trimming I dropped all the popcorn wet in a jar with a Boveda, some 30 g and 36 hours later there was condensation inside the jar. By then the Boveda felt very much more liquid rather than gel like. Weighed the thing, 91 g and then kept it at 45-55 % RH for 3 days and dumped it on the scale again, 83 g. That's a release of 8 g or roughly 10 % water vapor in 3 days......... And extrapolated to the 175 g jar with 3 Bovedas there was enough water available to show a weight increase if the buds reabsorbed any moisture..... Not, so far!

So you're using 3 x 60g Bovedas, in a jar with 175g of bud?

Pretty much a 1:1 ratio of Boveda to Bud.
Didn't see THAT on the Boveda manufacturer's recommendations!

... and its STILL not hydrating?

:WTF:

Hmmm ... rookie mistake.

Seems I left the buds in the paper bags one day more than I should have.
They seem to be over-dried.
CRISPY!

Into the jars and a 62% Boveda pack should fix that.
Hey dude done that a few times myself I just put a fan leaf in the bottom of my jars seal them then wait for the rh to hit 62% just remember to take the leaf out when your done

Hey dude done that a few times myself I just put a fan leaf in the bottom of my jars seal them then wait for the rh to hit 62% just remember to take the leaf out when your done

... assuming they haven't been cut off and thrown away prior to the mega-trim-athon ...

... assuming they haven't been cut off and thrown away prior to the mega-trim-athon ...
I run perpetual dude another trick is my grandad used to add potato peeling to his tobacco when that was to dry never tried it myself but wouldn't any houseplant leaf do as long as it doesn't smell of anything your only adding back at bit of moisture

OK ...

Guesstimated Dry Weight
Lo: ... 1290 grams
Hi: ... 1370 grams

Actual Dry Weight: ... 1331 grams

Pretty much the mid-point, perfectly.

That might fluctuate a little - depending on whether the Boveda do anything to the over dried buds.
But then again, it might take a little away from some too.
So I'm taking this as a final weight, allowing for slight variations.

Not the weight I was hoping for overall, but close enough.

Back