New Grower 2budz “In over my head” grow

I feel pretty good about my cleaning job after my root aphid issue. Got some nematodes and a few other things to help keep bugs in check moving forward. I know bugs are part of the process, wasn’t prepared for the level of aphid infestation I had.

I finally got my hands on some of @Sawney_bean seeds so decided to give his Nugz a run. This round I will be using Coco Loco, a first for me. Not really sure if I should treat it as soil or Coco, any input is welcome. I’m just gonna kind of wing it lol. Beans were dropped this morning so gonna be a week or so til I have sprouts

View attachment 1501809
Excited for you bro! :thumbsup:
Sawneys Nugz were a pleasure to grow and the smoke is fantastic. Perfect strain to run SOG… the plants stay short and the colas grow very dense, sticky and heavy. Great yielding strain for being such a short plant. Would definitely like to grow more of those someday. After growing Sawneys Nugz, Blueberries, Hellraisers, Slaughter Lambs and his Lecters, the Nugz is still my favorite.

Lookin forward to this :thumbsup: I hear ppl say that if u treat Coco like soil you'll get soil results.. so for yield u should definitely treat it like Coco imho.. I can't offer any advice on doing that but there's lots of Coco masters on AFN. I have a few nugz in my current grow. Really looking forward to them after 420s review :eyebrows:

I feel pretty good about my cleaning job after my root aphid issue. Got some nematodes and a few other things to help keep bugs in check moving forward. I know bugs are part of the process, wasn’t prepared for the level of aphid infestation I had.

I finally got my hands on some of @Sawney_bean seeds so decided to give his Nugz a run. This round I will be using Coco Loco, a first for me. Not really sure if I should treat it as soil or Coco, any input is welcome. I’m just gonna kind of wing it lol. Beans were dropped this morning so gonna be a week or so til I have sprouts

View attachment 1501809

Woohoo putting the coco loco to the test. Id say treat it like soil.

5 Gallon Grow
Little update on the 5 gallon bags in the 32x32. The 3 older plants are starting there 4th set of leaves and really taking off. Haven’t fed them yet and have only watered around the outside of the bags. The SRC III is still a baby but she looks good. Still debating on whether to continue using the DTE 484, or go back to liquid nutes. I felt like the DTE kept the plants healthier overall and was a lot easier to use, but liquid nutes seemed to make the plants grow bigger, and buds were more dense. Which could have just been the strains but who knows.
B8E9B933-E00B-4B48-AAF3-2F419F7E0170.jpeg

731CD8C1-B1A9-4061-B0AA-F71941287901.jpeg

67360F91-68A7-4CFE-B733-9BBC0FB28BC0.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 1501809
IMHO… with how fast the Nugz flower and the limited time you have in veg that doing a synthetic water to run off grow would be to your best interest. Need them to grow as fast as you can in a short amount.
No room for error with that strain. :rolleyes1:

IMHO… with how fast the Nugz flower and the limited time you have in veg that doing a synthetic water to run off grow would be to your best interest. Need them to grow as fast as you can in a short amount.
No room for error with that strain. :rolleyes1:
Thanks for that info I appreciate it! That’s what I will do :d5:

Been really curious about coco loco as a soil grower. Excited to see how you do with it! :pop:
There's so much mixed info out there about CL. I've been wanting to try something different so just went with it. We will see what happens.

Monday:
5EC04821-DDEB-4910-A604-3D7635EE16B2.jpeg

Today:
0566F1A7-9ADB-499D-9580-8EDDFFD43DEE.jpeg

They’re growing really fast. I’m gonna water them through for the first time in the next day or so and feed the 3 bigger ones. I haven’t decided what to feed yet, but I think DTE organics are off the table. I can’t handle the smell lol, plus that’s what I was feeding my skunk autos when I had the aphids. Not saying that’s what caused it but just don’t wanna bring any bad juju. My options for nutes are FF (I have the trio plus the 3 solubles), AN PH Perfect base trio, and Gold Leaf one part. Of course I’m using fish shit and molasses as always. Anyone have any input on what I should feed? I’ve used them all and they all work so not sure if I should roll with one of them or try something new. Always open to new stuff.

Monday:
View attachment 1503335

Today:
View attachment 1503336

They’re growing really fast. I’m gonna water them through for the first time in the next day or so and feed the 3 bigger ones. I haven’t decided what to feed yet, but I think DTE organics are off the table. I can’t handle the smell lol, plus that’s what I was feeding my skunk autos when I had the aphids. Not saying that’s what caused it but just don’t wanna bring any bad juju. My options for nutes are FF (I have the trio plus the 3 solubles), AN PH Perfect base trio, and Gold Leaf one part. Of course I’m using fish shit and molasses as always. Anyone have any input on what I should feed? I’ve used them all and they all work so not sure if I should roll with one of them or try something new. Always open to new stuff.

I had to wear a mask with vicks vaporub around my nose when I used 484 the first time. I didn't expect it to be that strong, luckily by the third or fourth day it had pretty much dissipated.

Back