Night Owl Seeds Blue Microverse

BCBudlady

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
, POGP, Luv Pink, Zazzafraz, Carmelita
Day 63 for this Blue Magoo leaning pheno. The 24Ct leaning girl came done on Day 56. Lightning fast.
She is super greasy and smells of fruit and menthol.
Grown in supersoil with sporadic Recharge and Cal-Mag only.
A53BE53D-5014-4A05-96E1-B54E408EF996.jpeg
FD649FFF-4180-4E84-9A70-1A44A1AC49A6.jpeg
D37C9E0A-E814-43CA-8F9B-5606E236DB92.jpeg
CBC48A1C-E47F-4F22-99E8-521A0F82FC84.jpeg
E0DC6D43-F447-471D-A564-61153B5B42A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 7082BA5C-72D1-44A6-BFAF-36E23E21D2A1.jpeg
    7082BA5C-72D1-44A6-BFAF-36E23E21D2A1.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 261
:drool: Wow, very speedy indeed, and lovely organic buds as well! Was this a specialty soil you bought, or made? ..... next grow, I'm looking seriously at trying the KIS nutrient pack which can be used to amend quality bag soil- :greenthumb:

:drool: Wow, very speedy indeed, and lovely organic buds as well! Was this a specialty soil you bought, or made? ..... next grow, I'm looking seriously at trying the KIS nutrient pack which can be used to amend quality bag soil- :greenthumb:
Thanks @Waira, they didn’t swell as much as usual. Not sure why. But overall resin production is decent and terps are good. Certainly yield suffered this cycle. I think BLK MRRR stole the light and the show. Frost on frost on her.
I use MM3 mix , combined with Coast of Maine Stonnington blend, with about 30 percent unamended quality soil (like Roots) and additional perlite, azomite, kelp thrown in. It works for strains that finish under 70 ish days. Sort of a hodge podge but works for a certain lazy grower.
Considering the KIS nutrient pack. I think @slowandeasy is growing with it now? He seems quite happy so far, but as we all know flowering is when things go ass up.
I will grow out another Blue Microverse this winter and give her better light. Committing to grow fewer plants next cycle.
Oh, and samples of well cured, early harvest MoB are :dizzy:

Thanks @Waira, they didn’t swell as much as usual. Not sure why. But overall resin production is decent and terps are good. Certainly yield suffered this cycle. I think BLK MRRR stole the light and the show. Frost on frost on her.
I use MM3 mix , combined with Coast of Maine Stonnington blend, with about 30 percent unamended quality soil (like Roots) and additional perlite, azomite, kelp thrown in. It works for strains that finish under 70 ish days. Sort of a hodge podge but works for a certain lazy grower.
Considering the KIS nutrient pack. I think @slowandeasy is growing with it now? He seems quite happy so far, but as we all know flowering is when things go ass up.
I will grow out another Blue Microverse this winter and give her better light. Committing to grow fewer plants next cycle.
Hey @Waira and @BCBudlady I have grown about 10 Blue Microverse. It gets pretty dense for me. I have had both Phenos. I actually have 4 of the Blue Magoo phenos that are exactly the same. Pretty impressive for Autos to be Clone like in appearance. I have grown all of them in Coco.

However I have a White Crack in Kis Organics soil 70/30 blend with Kis Organics Biochar soil. And some EWC. I also have a couple other strains in Kis. They are doing excellent! The White Crack is day 27. The Kis Soil is already cooked with the Kis Nutrient pack. I have not used the pack yet, as their Soil is already ammended. She is not flowering yet, but I was told that I need to add nothing the first grow but Water. So that's all she gets, with a splash of Orca. I have not done a plant to harvest yet. But I can surely promote the company and the Soil. @BCBudlady does point out the fact that things go sideways in Flower with dry Ammendments. Only time will tell. But @Roasty McToasty has used the soil with great success from start to finish. Email Kis or look on the website for Nutrient pack advice. I will be buying a pack next order, for reusing my soil. I'm impressed so far. Good luck. Peacez slowandeasy

:smoking: I experienced a similar deal with dry amendment/organics and (mostly) water only.. Remember GBD/Daz's mix he sold through 'Phisto? I liked it, but the performance wasn't really all that and a bag of chips, so I still PK boosted along with my other usual supp's...A handy product for this is Roots Organic HPK 0-4-3, basically a liquid processed bat-poo... This year I used their Terp' Tea bloom 3-7-4 (dry, very finely ground), to good effect! :thumbsup:
I also tried KindSoil (RTU water only) when they came aboard for testing a few years ago, and it was a near disaster right at bloom initiation... The P source died off face first, and it fucked up my bud set on most the plants- :cuss:...I managed to correct it some, variably plant-to-plant, but they all were compromised for proper bud:leaf and yields, even after flogging them as hard as I dared with synthetic's to try and get right now available nutes into them.... A trend seem in several other's grows, even to this day that I see.... Anyway, i think part of the equation on the nutrition side is how much PK at those critical times is around to get buds to fatten up "extra", and of course synthetics cover that fastest because they are sucked right up and used/stored vs. organics which are slower, *usually) more steady release... Plus by bloom, there is certainly a level of general depletion! Even the KIS folks suggest using some key supplements if I recall, including PK boosting if you want that extra level of performance and fattening... Si, Kelp, humic-fulvic, inoculant/teas were some of the other goodies that can keep things pumped up!
Yeah, we have a few folks running KIS, and we have a rep' hanging around (Kyle?) The nute pack can be used for you own custom made soil, and for boosting RYU quality soils into "water only" types, but I believe it still needs a bit of cooking time to get properly set and stabilized... makes sense to me!

Hey @Waira and @BCBudlady I have grown about 10 Blue Microverse. It gets pretty dense for me. I have had both Phenos. I actually have 4 of the Blue Magoo phenos that are exactly the same. Pretty impressive for Autos to be Clone like in appearance. I have grown all of them in Coco.

However I have a White Crack in Kis Organics soil 70/30 blend with Kis Organics Biochar soil. And some EWC. I also have a couple other strains in Kis. They are doing excellent! The White Crack is day 27. The Kis Soil is already cooked with the Kis Nutrient pack. I have not used the pack yet, as their Soil is already ammended. She is not flowering yet, but I was told that I need to add nothing the first grow but Water. So that's all she gets, with a splash of Orca. I have not done a plant to harvest yet. But I can surely promote the company and the Soil. @BCBudlady does point out the fact that things go sideways in Flower with dry Ammendments. Only time will tell. But @Roasty McToasty has used the soil with great success from start to finish. Email Kis or look on the website for Nutrient pack advice. I will be buying a pack next order, for reusing my soil. I'm impressed so far. Good luck. Peacez slowandeasy
:greenthumb: Nice! I'll have to come look and see, I trust Daz's skills very much (love Cosmic Queen), and want to run his gear for sure! He sent me some SpaceDawg reg's too when I got burned at the release sale of that batch of Artisanals, and I beggared a few beans of Cosmic Queen from him- :bow:
The Zamadelica auto is a frikkin' star that I've seen (check Ribbzzy's grows of it if you haven't yet), so I'm not surprised he hooked up on that,.. crossing with FEx is brilliant! (Have you checked out ACE seeds yet? Don't know if you're a photo guy, but daaaaamn, worthy!)... I hear more new auto's are being made by ACE now...:thumbsup:
The Blue family looks outstanding too, Blue Magoo used to be a much favored strain some years ago, but now it's a ghost, sidelined by all the stoopid OG this, Cookies that, Glue the other, dessert kiddie strains shit that's all damn near the same... yaaaaawn,....:bored:... So I'm stoked to see some of them getting pulled out of the closet again!
Yup, you called it on the dry stuff, it just doesn't seem to last and perform well, not up to billing at least IMO,... I gave KIS a serious look for the OD client grow this last season, kinda balked at the cost... wrong conclusion there= :doh:, now that I assess what the cost of my time, tinkering with things, etc. with regular nutes and supp's added up to! Next time, the $115 or whatever will be worth it for amending the pile of soil needed for 6-7 10gal pots,...I'll just have to get started sooner.....

:smoking: I experienced a similar deal with dry amendment/organics and (mostly) water only.. Remember GBD/Daz's mix he sold through 'Phisto? I liked it, but the performance wasn't really all that and a bag of chips, so I still PK boosted along with my other usual supp's...A handy product for this is Roots Organic HPK 0-4-3, basically a liquid processed bat-poo... This year I used their Terp' Tea bloom 3-7-4 (dry, very finely ground), to good effect! :thumbsup:
I also tried KindSoil (RTU water only) when they came aboard for testing a few years ago, and it was a near disaster right at bloom initiation... The P source died off face first, and it fucked up my bud set on most the plants- :cuss:...I managed to correct it some, variably plant-to-plant, but they all were compromised for proper bud:leaf and yields, even after flogging them as hard as I dared with synthetic's to try and get right now available nutes into them.... A trend seem in several other's grows, even to this day that I see.... Anyway, i think part of the equation on the nutrition side is how much PK at those critical times is around to get buds to fatten up "extra", and of course synthetics cover that fastest because they are sucked right up and used/stored vs. organics which are slower, *usually) more steady release... Plus by bloom, there is certainly a level of general depletion! Even the KIS folks suggest using some key supplements if I recall, including PK boosting if you want that extra level of performance and fattening... Si, Kelp, humic-fulvic, inoculant/teas were some of the other goodies that can keep things pumped up!
Yeah, we have a few folks running KIS, and we have a rep' hanging around (Kyle?) The nute pack can be used for you own custom made soil, and for boosting RYU quality soils into "water only" types, but I believe it still needs a bit of cooking time to get properly set and stabilized... makes sense to me!

:greenthumb: Nice! I'll have to come look and see, I trust Daz's skills very much (love Cosmic Queen), and want to run his gear for sure! He sent me some SpaceDawg reg's too when I got burned at the release sale of that batch of Artisanals, and I beggared a few beans of Cosmic Queen from him- :bow:
The Zamadelica auto is a frikkin' star that I've seen (check Ribbzzy's grows of it if you haven't yet), so I'm not surprised he hooked up on that,.. crossing with FEx is brilliant! (Have you checked out ACE seeds yet? Don't know if you're a photo guy, but daaaaamn, worthy!)... I hear more new auto's are being made by ACE now...:thumbsup:
The Blue family looks outstanding too, Blue Magoo used to be a much favored strain some years ago, but now it's a ghost, sidelined by all the stoopid OG this, Cookies that, Glue the other, dessert kiddie strains shit that's all damn near the same... yaaaaawn,....:bored:... So I'm stoked to see some of them getting pulled out of the closet again!
Yup, you called it on the dry stuff, it just doesn't seem to last and perform well, not up to billing at least IMO,... I gave KIS a serious look for the OD client grow this last season, kinda balked at the cost... wrong conclusion there= :doh:, now that I assess what the cost of my time, tinkering with things, etc. with regular nutes and supp's added up to! Next time, the $115 or whatever will be worth it for amending the pile of soil needed for 6-7 10gal pots,...I'll just have to get started sooner.....
I’ll await the verdict on KIS soil and amendment packs and just carry on with the usual mix. I have the Roots HPK at the ready and usually add that for the bigger girls and those that will go longer. Get out the :aha:and anticipate, as organics aren’t readily taken up. I just brought down the last of the flowering girls and waiting on a seeded one, then clean, regroup and decide on seeds and soil.
I hear you @Waira on the cost of these super soils and amendments. They are pricey, but worth it IF quality, yield, and ease of grow are there. I keep seeing amazing plants grown with Megacrop, and can’t help but consider the cost and make the comparison. Not going to leave organics, but an easy set it and forget it is nice.

Another Blue Microverse at Day 30 in the garden. After growing several, a will say she’s a bit N sensitive, even toning down my organic supersoil. That said , she’s speedy and easy and a great end of the evening strain.
E50F12C7-15F1-49C4-98F9-BDF6B8D1E9B1.jpeg
962A3206-03F7-4F03-838B-46565CBE1B7B.jpeg
D76A72C0-5B84-4A5D-A569-D4EA22DC8ECA.jpeg

seems she was a favourite of Daz's releases... first to sell out !! beautiful plants as always @BCBudlady :greenthumb:
Thanks for the kind words @water farm ! The is one of the easiest, fastest strains out there. I prefer the 24 ct leaning pheno for effects , but this balanced pheno yields better. Very stinky plant already.

Day 39 for BM. Growing herself. Putting out the early frost . This pheno is the more common balanced one. Definitely see the Blue Magoo in her leaves and longer petioles.View attachment 1164738
C4B7A479-A79F-477E-822C-0D6391EDA9D6.jpeg
4CF253F6-1E3C-4108-A609-E9D330950620.jpeg

Last edited:
Back