SSSC Bob's SSSC Grow - Auto Ellephant

Hey fellow growers. Can't offer you guys more except a timelapse. Can barely move at the moment because of my backpains...

Day 21 - 23

Oh yeah, that's what we like to seed, really good stuff and thanks for sharing AB!

Day 79:

Took some trichome pictures today... not much more done in the greenhouse today :thumbsup:
210713_164911_small.jpg

210713_164920_small.jpg

210713_164932_small.jpg

210713_164945_small.jpg

210713_164844_small.jpg

210713_164850_small.jpg

210713_164900_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Hey guys...Just came back from the greenhouse... Arghhh...found some mold in the buds. I removed the infected buds (generously) from the plant and cleaned them up as good as I could. The none infected pieces are hanging to dry as we speak. As far as I can see there is no more mold on the plant, but we all know that's a farce so I'll be checking her tomorrow morning and evening and harvest accordingly. One advantage of the harvested pieces is I can take a piece indoors and put it under a better microscope...

Hey guys...Just came back from the greenhouse... Arghhh...found some mold in the buds. I removed the infected buds (generously) from the plant and cleaned them up as good as I could. The none infected pieces are hanging to dry as we speak. As far as I can see there is no more mold on the plant, but we all know that's a farce so I'll be checking her tomorrow morning and evening and harvest accordingly. One advantage of the harvested pieces is I can take a piece indoors and put it under a better microscope...
Keep us posted on the mould bro also was it on the older top buds or any place that wernt getting any good airflow

Keep us posted on the mould bro also was it on the older top buds or any place that wernt getting any good airflow
I'll do mate! It was the top bud. Had to take out a huge chunk. Luckily I recuperated a bunch which went straight to drying... Oh well, there will still be enough to go around :pass:
The plant only has to share a fan with another plant so most of the airflow will go through it, but humidity is a b!tch for the moment. Way to high, but there's nothing I can do about that. The tomatoes and peppers on the other hand are going crazy in this weather :woohoo1:

Hey growers, @St. Tom ,

Today I've thrown in the towel for this grow... When I went to look I found new infestations of mold happening. So I bit the bullet and cut her down...
20210715_112554_small.jpg

20210715_112601_small.jpg

20210715_112615_small.jpg

Now to get everything dry in an as fast as possible manner. To do that I had to compromise and create a dry room in house as my shed is soaking wet and towering near 100% humidity... I installed a portable airco unit which I set to dehumidify and turned it on at 25°C. I've put DIY Ona jars all over the house to keep it from stinking the place up...

Oh well...I'll keep ya posted on the drying :thumbsup:

• Sad
Reactions: Frank_Spencer

St. Tom

Gutted for you bro

Olderfart

Ditto. Mold sucks. Pretty much driven me indoors and winter only.
Hey growers, @St. Tom ,

Today I've thrown in the towel for this grow... When I went to look I found new infestations of mold happening. So I bit the bullet and cut her down...
View attachment 1343535

View attachment 1343536

View attachment 1343537

Now to get everything dry in an as fast as possible manner. To do that I had to compromise and create a dry room in house as my shed is soaking wet and towering near 100% humidity... I installed a portable airco unit which I set to dehumidify and turned it on at 25°C. I've put DIY Ona jars all over the house to keep it from stinking the place up...

Im a bit worried as ive left mine all in big colas but i think i would of spotted it on mine and i did have good airflow i think .also going by your trichomes she should be still in a good harvest window but i am gutted for you though bro

Hey growers, @St. Tom ,

View attachment 1343535

View attachment 1343536

View attachment 1343537

Bloody mold. Been there a couple times, and it is a nasty disappointment. Always seems to show up on the home stretch, and by the time you see a bit, there is plenty more that is not visible yet. If my current RotBlock test shows any sign of mold, it will be the last outdoor attempt for me.

Thx for the rep @St. Tom & @Olderfart :smokeout:

Im a bit worried as ive left mine all in big colas but i think i would of spotted it on mine and i did have good airflow i think .
I would check the thick cola's very well under daylight. You really need to pull the main cola open. If you go via the mainstem you can bend the stem of each bud aside to check the inside for mold. Remove any bud from the plant which has mold. If you can clean it up and dry it before it goes bad it's a win, otherwise it's for the bin... :shrug:

also going by your trichomes she should be still in a good harvest window
She sure smells great though. The drying in the temperature controlled room is doing wonders for the process. The entire top floor smells like a coffeeshop, but hey...

but i am gutted for you though bro
Bloody mold. Been there a couple times, and it is a nasty disappointment. Always seems to show up on the home stretch, and by the time you see a bit, there is plenty more that is not visible yet. If my current RotBlock test shows any sign of mold, it will be the last outdoor attempt for me.
Don't be guys. I grow in a greenhouse and mold is always an issue. In the meantime I've got enough bud to go for a while, so no harm done. The important thing is I at least got harvest from all the plants and get to taste them. So I'm a happy camper :bighug:

Thx for the rep @St. Tom & @Olderfart :smokeout:

I would check the thick cola's very well under daylight. You really need to pull the main cola open. If you go via the mainstem you can bend the stem of each bud aside to check the inside for mold. Remove any bud from the plant which has mold. If you can clean it up and dry it before it goes bad it's a win, otherwise it's for the bin... :shrug:

She sure smells great though. The drying in the temperature controlled room is doing wonders for the process. The entire top floor smells like a coffeeshop, but hey...

Don't be guys. I grow in a greenhouse and mold is always an issue. In the meantime I've got enough bud to go for a while, so no harm done. The important thing is I at least got harvest from all the plants and get to taste them. So I'm a happy camper :bighug:
im buzzing for you bob and as you say greenhouse growing is sometimes an environment you cant controll but you caught it early at least and let me know when you have a sample mine are in brown paper bags and everything looks good for now no signs of the dreaded mould

Back