SSSC Bob's SSSC Grow - Auto Ellephant

im buzzing for you bob and as you say greenhouse growing is sometimes an environment you cant controll but you caught it early at least and let me know when you have a sample mine are in brown paper bags and everything looks good for now no signs of the dreaded mould
I've just took a branch with popcorn nugs which was perfect for pressing. 7.12 gr in total. Divided over two bags... It oozed out... supernice colour...
20210718_004703_small.jpg

The smell is just amazing :woohoo: While I was trimming the nugs from the branch an overwhelming diesel smell came over me...
20210718_004716_small.jpg

The people at SSSC and everybody around them know what they are doing!!! :thanks:

Regards,

B

Hey Guys,

The fact that the branch yesterday was ready meant that I had some trimming todo...
I ended up with 60gr of primo nugs. My jar is full ladies and gentlemen :woohoo:
20210718_152543_small.jpg

Look at those trichomes!! No wonder the resin flowed so nice yesterday...:drool:
20210718_152601_small.jpg

Almost 80gr of popcorn nugs and trimmings where left over. I probably could have trimmed some more nice nugs out of it, but as I stated...My jar is full :woohoo: These will be used to make hash or rosin... Now it's time for curing... Oh the smell....
20210718_152848_small.jpg

Hey Guys,

The fact that the branch yesterday was ready meant that I had some trimming todo...
I ended up with 60gr of primo nugs. My jar is full ladies and gentlemen :woohoo:
View attachment 1344800

Look at those trichomes!! No wonder the resin flowed so nice yesterday...:drool:
View attachment 1344801

Almost 80gr of popcorn nugs and trimmings where left over. I probably could have trimmed some more nice nugs out of it, but as I stated...My jar is full :woohoo: These will be used to make hash or rosin... Now it's time for curing... Oh the smell....
View attachment 1344802
Gotta love a full jar. And all the popcorn too. Happy days :d5:

Squished some new rosin today as the missus and kids where out the house... Gotta love that Olifant!!! This strain was made for squishing. The buds are now at 64% humidity and every time I open the jar I need to rumble the buds as they are sticking together. Just an amazing strain!!
20210723_150315_small.jpg

20210723_150532_small.jpg

20210723_150557_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Squished some new rosin today as the missus and kids where out the house... Gotta love that Olifant!!! This strain was made for squishing. The buds are now at 64% humidity and every time I open the jar I need to rumble the buds as they are sticking together. Just an amazing strain!!
View attachment 1346876

View attachment 1346877

View attachment 1346878

Regards,

B
bro even the buds when im trying to break them in my grinder they are still ultra-sticky arnt they also i think i may get my rosinbomb rocket out over the weekend because as you said this stuff is asking to be pressed

bro even the buds when im trying to break them in my grinder they are still ultra-sticky arnt they also i think i may get my rosinbomb rocket out over the weekend because as you said this stuff is asking to be pressed
Tag me if you post the results. I'm curious to see the color of your squish. :thumbsup:

Now I am totally stoked after looking your thread over I have five of these coming I love rosin I love pressing bud and from what I see I am in for a treat. Thanks for the great grow report.

Now I am totally stoked after looking your thread over I have five of these coming I love rosin I love pressing bud and from what I see I am in for a treat. Thanks for the great grow report.
Thanks dude :thumbsup:
Only a smoke report is missing from this thread, but if I can get my missus and kids out of the house this weekend I'll be able to comply as the buds would have been curing for two weeks by then. Wish me :goodluck:

Regards,

B

Hey guys,

In honor of Frenchy who has left us (RIP) I declared today (bubble)hash making Saturday :hookah:
Everything began with a trip to the store for 10kg of ice cubes, because you can't make bubble without ice :d5:
When I got back home I started with cleaning the buckets, bathtub and workspace before even opening the bag with bubble bags inside.
After the preparation was done I emptied a bag of ice (2kg) in the bucket followed by the Olifant trim and popcorn nugs I still had in the freezer followed by another bag of ice. On that I slowly poured could water from the tap until the bucket was nearly full. The trim was trapped between the two ice layers. I left the bucket alone for half an hour and rolled myself a nice Olifant joint*.

After half an hour I began with my cordless drill and a paint mixer. Slowly turning around mixing the the bud with the water and ice
20210731_144507_small.jpg

The first pour I used four bags 220µ, 190µ, 90µ and 25µ. The 220 is the catch bag for the bucket. The 190 is to see if I f#(ked up, but it barely contained any contaminants... The 90 cached all the trichomes and the 25µ had all the small stuff which is mostly parafine any way...
The next runs I only used three bags. 220µ, 90µ and 25µ
20210731_144520_small.jpg

A small container with ice in it to cool my spoons and knife.
20210731_144550 _small.jpg

Don't know exactly which run this was, but I made five in total. runs 4 and 5 barely harvested me anything interesting, but you never know.
20210731_152529_small.jpg

Always nice to show some movement in a still picture :biggrin:
20210731_152538_small.jpg

The leftovers. The big chunks of ice came from the small container while cleaning up after myself.
20210731_162856_small.jpg

If you think I left one trichome behind you are craaaazy brothers and sisters :headbang:
20210731_162911_small.jpg

I have three of these trays which are drying as we speak. Guess we'll have to wait a couple of days to see what the yield is. :goodluck:
20210731_165217_small.jpg

Regards,

B

* I owe you guys a smoke report of the Olifant. This is coming tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hey boys and girls :yay:
Are you ready for an Olifant smoke report??? :woohoo:

It's been exactly 14 days since I jarred my buds. The first thig that hit me when I opened the jar was a fuel smell which after a few sniffs changed to a more herbal scent. The Limonene that first was so abundant is completely gone, but this is with most strains the case so I don't mind this so much.
The buds are firm and not fluffy. If I don't break up the buds a bit even my milled grinder has problems grinding it from the start. Also the grinder gets so sticky after a couple of buds that you actually need two grinders so one can be put into an alcohol solution to be cleaned while using the other one... But enough about grinders :doh:

Smelling the freshly ground bud the fuel smell is back and more prominent. Not so much for the herbal smell...But left alone long enough I'd bet it would surface just like before...
Rolled the weed with some Tabaco into a Gold Smoking paper and lit her up... The smoke I inhaled was smooth and didn't have any grass smell/taste to it, but rather a fine smoke. After smoking the whole thing a warm feeling (like under a comfy fleece blanket) came over me. I ám stoned, but not blown away like with the amnesia for instance.
I also feel my muscles relaxing and the tension in my back is by the time I'm writing this completely disappeared :thumbsup:

I like it A LOT!!! Luckily I have 15 more seeds to go as this will surely be on my grow list for next year. Thank you SSSC for your generosity!!

So to keep up with mater of things...
  • Bag appeal : **** / ***** The buds look nice and firm. I trimmed the ones I wanted to smoke nice and clean! Also the buds are so sticky!!!
  • Taste : **** / ***** It tastes smooth, but it doesn't have a distinct taste to it
  • Smell : *** / ***** I never had lot's of feeling with the fuel smell, but it's nice to at least have an adult weed smell on a CBD rich strain
  • High : *** / ***** As I said, The High isn't that strong, but the relaxing effect of the CBD makes it a perfect candidate for my backpain medicine
  • Medicinal : ***** / ***** As above, this is a perfect candidate for people with back pains and muscle spasms and therefore in my book this is a jewel

As a finale to this story I really wish to extent my gratitude to @TheMongol for getting this show on the road :bow:
And let's not forget our friends at SSSC and DP for providing us with this beautiful material which gave us so much more then a jar full of weed. I myself am proud to have been part in this grow 'n show. Not only am I a fanboy from early on, but I got to grow something that not many other people can yet...
*feels humbled *

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

@St. Tom @Olderfart @Frank_Spencer @pop22 @DCLXVI @blue @Antonio_DutchPassion @JSH1973

Back