SSSC Bob's SSSC Grow - Auto Ellephant

Hey boys and girls :yay:
Are you ready for an Olifant smoke report??? :woohoo:

It's been exactly 14 days since I jarred my buds. The first thig that hit me when I opened the jar was a fuel smell which after a few sniffs changed to a more herbal scent. The Limonene that first was so abundant is completely gone, but this is with most strains the case so I don't mind this so much.
The buds are firm and not fluffy. If I don't break up the buds a bit even my milled grinder has problems grinding it from the start. Also the grinder gets so sticky after a couple of buds that you actually need two grinders so one can be put into an alcohol solution to be cleaned while using the other one... But enough about grinders :doh:

Smelling the freshly ground bud the fuel smell is back and more prominent. Not so much for the herbal smell...But left alone long enough I'd bet it would surface just like before...
Rolled the weed with some Tabaco into a Gold Smoking paper and lit her up... The smoke I inhaled was smooth and didn't have any grass smell/taste to it, but rather a fine smoke. After smoking the whole thing a warm feeling (like under a comfy fleece blanket) came over me. I ám stoned, but not blown away like with the amnesia for instance.
I also feel my muscles relaxing and the tension in my back is by the time I'm writing this completely disappeared :thumbsup:

I like it A LOT!!! Luckily I have 15 more seeds to go as this will surely be on my grow list for next year. Thank you SSSC for your generosity!!

So to keep up with mater of things...
  • Bag appeal : **** / ***** The buds look nice and firm. I trimmed the ones I wanted to smoke nice and clean! Also the buds are so sticky!!!
  • Taste : **** / ***** It tastes smooth, but it doesn't have a distinct taste to it
  • Smell : *** / ***** I never had lot's of feeling with the fuel smell, but it's nice to at least have an adult weed smell on a CBD rich strain
  • High : *** / ***** As I said, The High isn't that strong, but the relaxing effect of the CBD makes it a perfect candidate for my backpain medicine
  • Medicinal : ***** / ***** As above, this is a perfect candidate for people with back pains and muscle spasms and therefore in my book this is a jewel

As a finale to this story I really wish to extent my gratitude to @TheMongol for getting this show on the road :bow:
And let's not forget our friends at SSSC and DP for providing us with this beautiful material which gave us so much more then a jar full of weed. I myself am proud to have been part in this grow 'n show. Not only am I a fanboy from early on, but I got to grow something that not many other people can yet...
*feels humbled *

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

@St. Tom @Olderfart @Frank_Spencer @pop22 @DCLXVI @blue @Antonio_DutchPassion @JSH1973
Congratulations on a fine grow mate. It is great to hear how nice the results are for you. :pighug:

I have to second your gratitude to SSSC and @TheMongol for setting this up, and for the really generous seed sample to make this grow test happen. I am sorry that I could not join the rest of the testers this summer, but boy is this strain on my list for my winter grow. Hats off to SSSC, this one sounds like a real gem, and I am really looking to growing her and testing the results. :headbang:

Hey boys and girls :yay:
Are you ready for an Olifant smoke report??? :woohoo:

It's been exactly 14 days since I jarred my buds. The first thig that hit me when I opened the jar was a fuel smell which after a few sniffs changed to a more herbal scent. The Limonene that first was so abundant is completely gone, but this is with most strains the case so I don't mind this so much.
The buds are firm and not fluffy. If I don't break up the buds a bit even my milled grinder has problems grinding it from the start. Also the grinder gets so sticky after a couple of buds that you actually need two grinders so one can be put into an alcohol solution to be cleaned while using the other one... But enough about grinders :doh:

Smelling the freshly ground bud the fuel smell is back and more prominent. Not so much for the herbal smell...But left alone long enough I'd bet it would surface just like before...
Rolled the weed with some Tabaco into a Gold Smoking paper and lit her up... The smoke I inhaled was smooth and didn't have any grass smell/taste to it, but rather a fine smoke. After smoking the whole thing a warm feeling (like under a comfy fleece blanket) came over me. I ám stoned, but not blown away like with the amnesia for instance.
I also feel my muscles relaxing and the tension in my back is by the time I'm writing this completely disappeared :thumbsup:

I like it A LOT!!! Luckily I have 15 more seeds to go as this will surely be on my grow list for next year. Thank you SSSC for your generosity!!

So to keep up with mater of things...
  • Bag appeal : **** / ***** The buds look nice and firm. I trimmed the ones I wanted to smoke nice and clean! Also the buds are so sticky!!!
  • Taste : **** / ***** It tastes smooth, but it doesn't have a distinct taste to it
  • Smell : *** / ***** I never had lot's of feeling with the fuel smell, but it's nice to at least have an adult weed smell on a CBD rich strain
  • High : *** / ***** As I said, The High isn't that strong, but the relaxing effect of the CBD makes it a perfect candidate for my backpain medicine
  • Medicinal : ***** / ***** As above, this is a perfect candidate for people with back pains and muscle spasms and therefore in my book this is a jewel

As a finale to this story I really wish to extent my gratitude to @TheMongol for getting this show on the road :bow:
And let's not forget our friends at SSSC and DP for providing us with this beautiful material which gave us so much more then a jar full of weed. I myself am proud to have been part in this grow 'n show. Not only am I a fanboy from early on, but I got to grow something that not many other people can yet...
*feels humbled *

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

@St. Tom @Olderfart @Frank_Spencer @pop22 @DCLXVI @blue @Antonio_DutchPassion @JSH1973
Thanks for sharing that bomb report mate!:headbang:

Congratulations on a fine grow mate. It is great to hear how nice the results are for you. :pighug:

I have to second your gratitude to SSSC and @TheMongol for setting this up, and for the really generous seed sample to make this grow test happen. I am sorry that I could not join the rest of the testers this summer, but boy is this strain on my list for my winter grow. Hats off to SSSC, this one sounds like a real gem, and I am really looking to growing her and testing the results. :headbang:
You're welcome and looking forward for that winter grow!:d5:

Thank you very much! The results from this strain are amazing!!! The bubble hash I made from it is completely mind numbing. I took a small 'sample' and rolled a Moroccan joint with it. Just a small piece rolled into a superfine sausage placed between the Tabaco. It hit me almost instantaneously and had a real hash smell to it. So strange that when you wash or sift it the flavor is so different from when you press it.
I'm going to let it dry and weigh it every day. As soon as the weight stops dropping it'll be dry enough for pressing into hash. I plan to make a temple ball out of it and store it in an easy to forget place. Maybe I'll get lucky in 10 years time and find a nicely cured and flavorful piece of hash in the attic or something :)

Thanks for sharing that bomb report mate!:headbang:
You're very welcome and if you plan anything else with the SSSC then you know where to find me.
Oh, and I'll be growing this one again next year, but this time I'll do all sorts of crazy sh!t to her :cheers:

You're welcome and looking forward for that winter grow!:d5:
Me to old fart :pass:

Thank you very much! The results from this strain are amazing!!! The bubble hash I made from it is completely mind numbing. I took a small 'sample' and rolled a Moroccan joint with it. Just a small piece rolled into a superfine sausage placed between the Tabaco. It hit me almost instantaneously and had a real hash smell to it. So strange that when you wash or sift it the flavor is so different from when you press it.
I'm going to let it dry and weigh it every day. As soon as the weight stops dropping it'll be dry enough for pressing into hash. I plan to make a temple ball out of it and store it in an easy to forget place. Maybe I'll get lucky in 10 years time and find a nicely cured and flavorful piece of hash in the attic or something :)

You're very welcome and if you plan anything else with the SSSC then you know where to find me.
Oh, and I'll be growing this one again next year, but this time I'll do all sorts of crazy sh!t to her :cheers:

Me to old fart :pass:
The only question for my Ellephant grow is the medium and nutes. I am tempted to give this girl her own Coco pot with 2 part MC in her own reservoir just to see what I can accomplish with a "hydroponic" setup. See if I can completely plug that 2x2. Waiting for the grow is hard, but I can't start until at least October. Gives me a nice window for cooking soil though. Too many decisions. :biggrin:

The only question for my Ellephant grow is the medium and nutes. I am tempted to give this girl her own Coco pot with 2 part MC in her own reservoir just to see what I can accomplish with a "hydroponic" setup. See if I can completely plug that 2x2. Waiting for the grow is hard, but I can't start until at least October. Gives me a nice window for cooking soil though. Too many decisions. :biggrin:
Next year I'm going to try autopots myself. Bought two Eas2grow dual tray starter sets, but after receiving I saw I bought the 8.something liter version and not the bigger one. Now I'm thinking and I'll post a picture of what I would like to try in just a moment ok? Just have to run outside...

...Ok I'm back. :oops1:
So... I have bought this set.
20210802_174426_small.jpg

But those pots are to small for me :doh:
So I thought I'd use these 18L pots, but darn toeten they don't fit...
20210802_174444_small.jpg

20210802_174448_small.jpg

So then I thought of this...Put the large 18L container inside of the 8.7L one and set it on it's base...
20210802_174515_small.jpg

Do you think that would work??? or would the capillary force not be strong enough to suck the entire coco wet?

Regards,

B

...Ok I'm back. :oops1:
So... I have bought this set.
View attachment 1350877

But those pots are to small for me :doh:
So I thought I'd use these 18L pots, but darn toeten they don't fit...
View attachment 1350878

View attachment 1350879

So then I thought of this...Put the large 18L container inside of the 8.7L one and set it on it's base...
View attachment 1350880

Do you think that would work??? or would the capillary force not be strong enough to suck the entire coco wet?

Regards,

B
If you are going with coco, you definitely do not need the bigger pots. Bigger pots would be an advantage for an organic soil mix, but not with coco. With autovalve irrigation, you can grow monsters with coco in smaller pots than those. In any case, I doubt that wicking would be a problem if you used the pot combination. As long as you only top water until you have leaf development out to the edge of the pot before turning on the sub-irrigation, the tap root will be well within the regularly fertigated zone.

Having said that, I know that growers on here and elsewhere find that the two pot combo tray does not work well for cannabis because the pots are too close together for two plants to have the space that they prefer. Not a complete deal breaker, but I would not recommend buying more of the dual trays, just go with the XL single pot trays with the fabric pots for coco or soil less, or make your own tray setup for larger fabric pots with a water only soil mix. The fabric pots that come with the single xl trays can be folded down to ~3 Imp. gallons, which worked well for me with both coco and peat mix. For this grow, just plan on some serious LST, and plant your seeds toward the outside of the pots to give them a bit more space between one another. If by any chance you bought the combo trays locally and they would exchange them, that would be preferable, but if that is not possible, the dual tray setup can be made to work tolerably.

Good luck with it. It might be helpful if you have a look at my sticky in the autopot section. It explains how the valve system works and how to recognize mischief if it happens.

I think with this post we can close shop on this grow...We've had it all... A nice and easy grow, large yield, sticky buds, flaming resin and now as the show stopper...The hash I made from the bubble I did a couple of days ago...
Above the ruler is the second wash, a bit darker but so much tastier :drool:
20210802_160011_small.jpg

first wash, took about 15 minutes...
20210802_160136_small.jpg

Second and third wash...
20210802_160147_small.jpg

I'm rolling this up into one nice temple ball...
20210802_160247_small.jpg

20210802_160304_small.jpg

mmhmmmmm...15gr of goody goodness....
20210802_160438_small.jpg

Regards,

B

Back