Dankerson

Autoflower Aficionado
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I've spent the better part of the last year learning from all the knowledgeable people here and growing autos. I've made a lot of mistakes but I feel I've learned a lot and I am finally starting to get into my rhythm. I'm currently starting my 3rd(ish) run and wanted to do my first journal here to give back some and join the club! Here is my current setup for the upcoming run:

1 x Mephisto Alien vs Triangle
1 x Mephisto Creme De La Chem
1 x FastBuds Strawberry Gorilla
1 x Dark Owl Marathon OG
1 x Night Owl Cosmic Apprentice
1 x Twenty20 Ogreberry (3A "Super Terp")

I did want to give a special thanks to @Twenty20 Adam and 20Twenty Mendocino for letting me in on the Ogreberry test! Really interested to see how it turns out.

Grow Space:
AC Infinity 5x5 tent
Gorilla tent 5x5 high CFM kit
AC Infinity 6" Exhaust fan w/ carbon filter
AC Infinity Controller 67
HLG Diablo 650r
HLG UVA30 for later flowering
AC Infinity 8" inline fan (used to cool light)
12" Hurricane oscillating wall fan
7" Mini Blizzard oscillating fan

Lung Room Control:
Window A/C and 5gal dehumidifier (summer setup)
5 gallon evap humidifier and inkbird controlled heater (winter setup)

Nutrients/Medium:
3 gallon Rain Science bags
FFOF Soil +25% Vigoro Organic Perlite
FF Trio Bottle Nutes
Mojave Gold Organic Yucca
Hydroguard
Bud Candy
Organic Blackstrap Molasses
Calimagic
Kangaroots Root Drench
Sledgehammer Flush(if problems arise)

Watering Setup:
RO Water +50ppms of Calimagic
Bluelab PH & EC Pen
PH calibration/diode storage solutions
I have a 20 gallon bubbled reservoir setup with a pump on a smart plug that runs to 6" hydro halos for watering. Everything empties into a custom automatic drain to waste system outside of the tent. I have another duplicate res for nutrients but I'm not sure I'll set it up this run, that may change.

Excited to get started! Hope you all enjoy, feel free to ask me whatever I'm happy to share my process. I'll be doing weekly updates here maybe more if anything is happening.

Planted on 05/18 straight into soil in the mini seedling tray/dome, heat mat set to 80 and placed in a shady part of the tent. I have two others finishing up but I'll just focus on these 6. I will update when I start to see some life!
PXL_20220518_171409226.MP.jpg
PXL_20220518_183245756.MP.jpg

Wow, what an intro dude!! :thumbsup:
And what a setup you have, magnificent :clapper:
I'm subbed :pop:

Oh and in case I haven't welcomed you yet a BIG :welcome: to AFN :cheers:

Wow, what an intro dude!! :thumbsup:
And what a setup you have, magnificent :clapper:
I'm subbed :pop:

Oh and in case I haven't welcomed you yet a BIG :welcome: to AFN :cheers:
Thanks! Much appreciated! :smoking: Can't wait for it to get rolling.

Hello Everyone! I've spent the better part of the last year learning from all the knowledgeable people here and growing autos. I've made a lot of mistakes but I feel I've learned a lot and I am finally starting to get into my rhythm. I'm currently starting my 3rd(ish) run and wanted to do my first journal here to give back some and join the club! Here is my current setup for the upcoming run:

1 x Mephisto Alien vs Triangle
1 x Mephisto Creme De La Chem
1 x FastBuds Strawberry Gorilla
1 x Dark Owl Marathon OG
1 x Night Owl Cosmic Apprentice
1 x Twenty20 Ogreberry (3A "Super Terp")

I did want to give a special thanks to @Twenty20 Adam and 20Twenty Mendocino for letting me in on the Ogreberry test! Really interested to see how it turns out.

Grow Space:
AC Infinity 5x5 tent
Gorilla tent 5x5 high CFM kit
AC Infinity 6" Exhaust fan w/ carbon filter
AC Infinity Controller 67
HLG Diablo 650r
HLG UVA30 for later flowering
AC Infinity 8" inline fan (used to cool light)
12" Hurricane oscillating wall fan
7" Mini Blizzard oscillating fan

Lung Room Control:
Window A/C and 5gal dehumidifier (summer setup)
5 gallon evap humidifier and inkbird controlled heater (winter setup)

Nutrients/Medium:
3 gallon Rain Science bags
FFOF Soil +25% Vigoro Organic Perlite
FF Trio Bottle Nutes
Mojave Gold Organic Yucca
Hydroguard
Bud Candy
Organic Blackstrap Molasses
Calimagic
Kangaroots Root Drench
Sledgehammer Flush(if problems arise)

Watering Setup:
RO Water +50ppms of Calimagic
Bluelab PH & EC Pen
PH calibration/diode storage solutions
I have a 20 gallon bubbled reservoir setup with a pump on a smart plug that runs to 6" hydro halos for watering. Everything empties into a custom automatic drain to waste system outside of the tent. I have another duplicate res for nutrients but I'm not sure I'll set it up this run, that may change.

Excited to get started! Hope you all enjoy, feel free to ask me whatever I'm happy to share my process. I'll be doing weekly updates here maybe more if anything is happening.

Planted on 05/18 straight into soil in the mini seedling tray/dome, heat mat set to 80 and placed in a shady part of the tent. I have two others finishing up but I'll just focus on these 6. I will update when I start to see some life!
View attachment 1460516View attachment 1460517
Nice? Setup!!! I'm either getting the 600 rspec or the 650r probably the 650r....I was looking into the halos too!!! How hot does the light get?

Nice? Setup!!! I'm either getting the 600 rspec or the 650r probably the 650r....I was looking into the halos too!!!
Thanks! You can't go wrong with either light really, I have to turn down my 650r a bunch or it burns everything especially with the UVA. The lights can get fairly hot but it's really not that bad. I keep my lung room around 68-70 and it stays at about 78 during the day

The halos are great as well. I can set them up with the pump system and run it or just put a tube on the end of the watering can and just empty the can into it, makes it easy.

Last edited:
Thanks! You can't go wrong with either light really, I have to turn down my 650r a bunch or it burns everything especially with the UVA. The lights can get fairly hot but it's really not that bad. I keep my lung room around 68-70 and it stays at about 78 during the day

The halos are great as well. I can set them up with the pump system and run it or just put a tube on the end of the watering can and just empty the can into it, makes it easy.
Ok cool I might stick with the 600 I can get a refurbished one for 599$ that's a steal for real...Les said they are like brand new...so did the reviews....

How do you run your hlg UVA bar? I got mine on separate timer on 12hr....

How do you run your hlg UVA bar? I got mine on separate timer on 12hr....
I usually run it on 12hrs on a separate timer as well. Although some plants like the cream Mandarine I'm doing now started to burn so I had to turn it down to 8 hours a day. I may scale it up but my plants are happy with the 8 currently.

I usually run it on 12hrs on a separate timer as well. Although some plants like the cream Mandarine I'm doing now started to burn so I had to turn it down to 8 hours a day. I may scale it up but my plants are happy with the 8 currently.
I'm thinking of doing 12hr 15 min on 15 min off give time to cool down.....

Just a minor update, looks like it's going to be 100% germ! I get impatient and had to check. Let's hope they all make it above ground without issues. They should pop up tomorrow or the next day if all goes to plan. I haven't had any issues this with this method so far so I think it's a good start. I transplant rather early to avoid dealing with root damage so now I usually prep the bags.
I setup the two temporary spots and filled the bags with soil and placed them in the tent to climatize. I prepped 2 gallons RO water with 50ppms of calimagic, yucca, and 2.5ml/gal of root drench pH'd to 6.5. Ended up at 130ppms. I then split the 2 gallons between the 6 bags. I'm not trying to overload the soil or get any runoff yet just want a decent amount of even saturation in preparation for the transplants.
PXL_20220520_183716094.jpg

Back