Indica and Sativas

Pretty sure that all my teenage years brickweed was sativa from the tropics yet it would still glue me to the couch. Ive never found a weed that energised me or made me want to go for a run. Im yet to be convinced that its anything other than marketing bullshit. Ripeness however does seems to change the effect.

I can’t smoke so I give it away & get feedback. On my first grow, I gave a bud of “Massive Midget” to a coworker who only purchased Indica. He smoked a pipe load & proceeded to get a case of the jitters. He wasn’t thrilled with the weed at all.

Another comment I thought to add here is that a lot of folks have made the analogy between hard liquor and beer and wine in relation to wether or not smoking different strains will give you a different high claiming that like liquor and beer will get you slightly different levels of drunk but that its all just alcohol and its the same buzz. They will tell you it's all just THC and it's the amount you ingest that makes the high different but that doesn't ring true to me as I have distinctly different highs from strain to strain in some cases I'm creatively thinking and physically energetic and active and others strains couch-locked and barley able to form sentences my brain is trying to get my mouth to say.

Pretty sure that all my teenage years brickweed was sativa from the tropics yet it would still glue me to the couch. Ive never found a weed that energised me or made me want to go for a run. Im yet to be convinced that its anything other than marketing bullshit. Ripeness however does seems to change the effect.
Try Bruce Banner Auto from Sweet Seeds. Never believed in a weed that could activate me...Well, this one did. After smoking one joint, cleaning the entire greenhouse, which would otherwise take three days, because I'm lazy :shrug:

Another comment I thought to add here is that a lot of folks have made the analogy between hard liquor and beer and wine in relation to wether or not smoking different strains will give you a different high claiming that like liquor and beer will get you slightly different levels of drunk but that its all just alcohol and its the same buzz. They will tell you it's all just THC and it's the amount you ingest that makes the high different but that doesn't ring true to me as I have distinctly different highs from strain to strain in some cases I'm creatively thinking and physically energetic and active and others strains couch-locked and barley able to form sentences my brain is trying to get my mouth to say.
I've said it before and will say it again. It's all to do with the terpenes and of course the other Cannabinoids. The unique combination of certain compounds will give you a buzz, another will get your creative side active and yet another will put you to sleep. It's know that CBN is the more narcotic version of THC. And THC will even convert into CBN during aging.

I do believe in the scientific differentiation between Cannabis Sativa, Indica and Ruderalis. All three subspecies have their own specific traits which were measured by scientific standards, are know for more then 150 years. But, and this is a biggun...this only applies to the real landraces found on the different continents and regions.
If you're talking about all the commercial cultivars available, were not talking Indica, Sativa & Ruderalis, but rather how much of a percentage of a certain subspecies is present in said cultivar. All these commercial cultivars are people-made and represent absolutely nothing about the original landrace it came from.

A handy tool in checking out the genealogy of a certain cultivar is https://en.seedfinder.eu/
If you look up a cultivar it can be traced back to it's origins and of course also the few great growers/breeders on who's shoulders, todays breeders stand.

This topic needs a scientific study for fun. Grow 100% indica and 100% sativa plants, some 50/50, and a few unknowns. Get some volunteers to smoke and report their experiences. If enough people try it we may be able to cry bullshit or whataya know.

differing degrees of head and body highs.. too tired to elaborate
Tired? That's cause you smoked Indica right? I grew out a mystery plant that popped up in re-used soil. One plant must have hermed and I never noticed. I did get a lot done in the garden and around the house after smoking just a few bong hits. Could it be sativa?
I've heard a theory about what might be happening. Sativa plants take longer to mature than indica. If both strains are grown and harvested at the same time the sativas will have less amber trichomes. Large scale growers probably harvest on a schedule rather than checking every plant for ambers. Maybe sativas sold in dispos are under done and give you that "time to wash the garage" feeling.

Breeders/scientists studying these plants are largely starting to move away from describing things as Indica or Sativa. Due to the fact, it's really not an accurate way of describing plant traits or their effects.
Cannabis Indica really just supposed to refer to cannabis from from the Hindu Kush region of India/Pakistan
The Indian Landrace exchange and others have started breaking down varieties by the climate that they grow in, ther leaf type, and use. Highland, Lowland, Tropical, Temperate, Narrow or broad leaf, Drug or fiber production.

Last edited:
Breeders/scientists studying these plants are largely starting to move away from describing things as Indica or Sativa. Due to the fact, it's really not an accurate way of describing plant traits or their effects.
Cannabis Indica really just supposed to refer to cannabis from from the Hindu Kush region of India/Pakistan
The Indian Landrace exchange and others have started breaking down varieties by the climate that they grow in, ther leaf type, and use. Highland, Lowland, Tropical, Temperate, Narrow or broad leaf, Drug or fiber production.
The kid at the dispensery was like a deer in the headlights when I asked "On what scale is this % indica/sativa measured?" . I agree that it's a lot of sales pitch stuff. Why do some autoflower breeders list a cultivar as 60% sativa /40% indica and not mention the % ruderalis? I have definitely seen rudy traits in some short stocky plants. How does the amount of ruderalis affect the effect? I've been using my friends as gunnie pigs. I'll lie and say it's one or the other or 50/50.

Back