Indica and Sativas

The kid at the dispensery was like a deer in the headlights when I asked "On what scale is this % indica/sativa measured?" . I agree that it's a lot of sales pitch stuff. Why do some autoflower breeders list a cultivar as 60% sativa /40% indica and not mention the % ruderalis? I have definitely seen rudy traits in some short stocky plants. How does the amount of ruderalis affect the effect? I've been using my friends as gunnie pigs. I'll lie and say it's one or the other or 50/50.
To be fair, they also often look like a deer in the headlights if you ask them about the strain lineage, and that's likely to be a lot more meaningful than some percentage on an indica/sativa continuum. It's not like anybody has a well-calibrated sativometer or indicator taking measurements to six digits of accuracy, and strains that supposedly have the same I/S percentages can be wildly different from each other.

The kid at the dispensery was like a deer in the headlights when I asked "On what scale is this % indica/sativa measured?" . I agree that it's a lot of sales pitch stuff. Why do some autoflower breeders list a cultivar as 60% sativa /40% indica and not mention the % ruderalis? I have definitely seen rudy traits in some short stocky plants. How does the amount of ruderalis affect the effect? I've been using my friends as gunnie pigs. I'll lie and say it's one or the other or 50/50.
Some do give a % of ruderalis. Not sure it's worth believing tho. I would like to know how they arrive with the percentages as well. I'm assuming they guess mostly whether educated, or not. Im a "sativa" guy, and some definitely do give you energy. Typically they're the cultivars we call sativa, or sativa dominate. Not all tho... like @Bob's Auto's said the terpenes have a big role in it. I also believe each person's personal chemistry has a part to play too. Take a look at Fast Buds Green Crack. I have never got a shot of enery like I have from that, and it's listed as only 55% sativa. I did a Dutch Passion Durban Poison 100% sativa. Her bud puts me to sleep. Although that 1 does state if you use it a lot it will put you out. I have tried to stop asking for sativa effects, and ask for energetic effects now.

Stay lifted

Back