Good luck! I just fairly recently made my own foray into living soil and I'm pretty happy that it's much less complicated.

I do cheat occasionally because I'm in smaller pots. I have some organic flowering fertilizer that I use occasionally and sparingly if I get into trouble but that doesn't happen very often.
Thanks! Less is more a lot of the time. The less I do the more success I'll have lol. :rofl:

When you are a bit further down the track , This video will help you understand . I still refer back to it , :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! I try to soak up any & all info I can. I'll will watch this tonight with the time I'm not wasting mixing up nutrients lol.

Natures Living Soils quality control is hit/miss.
i had a hard time with it as it wasnt aged properly, leaving it hot and smelly...then in mid flower it pooped out.
Plan on supplementing with teas and or topdressing if you followed their instructions closely and especially if the plants have any size to them. They sent me a free bag and it had the same issue as the first one. hopefully its been sorted out since.
Gl

Last edited:
Oh my, making quite the switch up! Good luck friend, I hope this one goes smooth for ya.

I don't know much about the organic soil stuff but the Build A Soil website is pretty helpful. Looks like some top soil and organic chaps have already lent an ear.

"Build a flower" and "build a bloom" seem to be pretty popular to add in a couple weeks before flowering starts to make sure the nutrients have enough time to work their way into the soil and be available. That's about the extent of my reading!

Oh my, making quite the switch up! Good luck friend, I hope this one goes smooth for ya.

I don't know much about the organic soil stuff but the Build A Soil website is pretty helpful. Looks like some top soil and organic chaps have already lent an ear.

"Build a flower" and "build a bloom" seem to be pretty popular to add in a couple weeks before flowering starts to make sure the nutrients have enough time to work their way into the soil and be available. That's about the extent of my reading!

I use Buildasoil Craft Blend at transplant and when I flip to flower and that seems to work pretty well most of the time. I also add some chicken poop at transplant but don't do anything else unless it starts looking like they need something.

Natures Living Soils quality control is hit/miss.
i had a hard time with it as it wasnt aged properly, leaving it hot and smelly...then in mid flower it pooped out.
Plan on supplementing with teas and or topdressing if you followed their instructions closely and especially if the plants have any size to them. They sent me a free bag and it had the same issue as the first one. hopefully its been sorted out since.
Gl
I came across your post about it when i was looking for reviews. I took your experience into consideration before buying it. I'm sure there are more that had issues as well, but I didn't find any other unsatisfied folks. My search was not super detailed i came across 7-8 that liked It, and your post(s). I know some BMW's are lemons sometimes you get bad stuff from a good company. I'm hoping you just got some bad stuff. :goodluck: I also kinda got it for free'ish. I had $200.00 in Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas. Nothing other than canna stuff I needed so it was a luxury shopping spree. I took a risk, and grabbed this as well as BuildASoil Craft Blend. I know the BuildASoil is good stuff so I wanted to try NLS 1st. I wanted to save the BuildASoil till I got a little more experience. If i had some growing pains I rather use this stuff so not to waste the BuildASoil. I will be making worm casting tea, also if the NLS does a good job I will buy the girl flower power bloom enhancer. I was gonna tag you, but since you had a disappointing experience I didn't. I'd love for you to tag a long, and see how it goes for me tho. The more the merrier!!!

@hecno I am ready to make some tea, and have a question. I only do 2 plants at a time so I don't need a ton. I know it doesn't last long so gotta be used quickly. I also see that you are supposed to cut with water. With that being said i planned on only making 1 gallon instead of the 5 I see most instructions say. How much water should I mix with 1 gallon of tea? I was thinking 3/1, going to put 32oz of tea and fill 96oz of water. Not sure if that's too strong? This batch is going on outdoor fruits and flowers. Berries are growing, and haven't given the anything yet this year. I don't want to give too much tho.

:pass:

Back