Looking solid man, and I don't think there's anyone who likes a perpetual garden more than me, so I hope you end up with a beautiful cycle soon.

Some things I've changed about my grow over the years:

I feed nutrients from day 1 at seed, and with every feeding from that point forward. I start with only .5ml/liter of my base A&B for the first 2 weeks, but daily feedings with nutes is an essential part of my grow. The idea of daily watering is crucial as well, starting with just a splash for the first week, then 200ml in the 2nd, 500ml in the 3rd, and full soakings of 1.5+liters daily from week 4 on.

I always germ in my final pot, never in a paper towel, cup of water on top of the cable box, or various other silly methods. Everyone who says to do this wrong, as the tap root will never be as strong if it doesn't sprout directly into the medium. I've popped over 1500 seeds in the past 10 years, and not one has ever done as well being germinated in anything other than the final pot (unless you're doing photo-period and intend to up-pot), and I've tried every method dozens of times, including some silly ones I made up myself like making solo cups into road cones.

Pot preparation is important too, as I loosely fill the pot with my Promix HP, allowing only gravity from a couple gentle lifts and drops to make the soil settle in the pot. Packing soil in only leads to weaker root systems as roots have trouble weaving through dense material. The tap root is the most essential part on any germination, so I use a plastic tube I made from cutting the ends off a cleaning wipe container to water just the center of the pot with a full liter of water. Then I remove the tube, and stir up all the wet soil down the center core of the pot with a chop stick really well to make sure it's moist, but very airy, then lightly smooth it flat with my hand. Then I make a tiny hole the size of the seed directly in the center of the pot with tweezers, then I use tweezers to make a small loose pile of soil over the seed, them put just a splash of solution on it to flatten the pile, then top it with the bottom half an empty water bottle to retain humidity. It's a little tedious, but using this method my success rate from seed to harvested plants has seen only 3 plants in 4 years not germinate and come to fruition.

I hate measuring AC, PH, PPM, and I've got too many strains and plants going at once to realistically check and modify each one, so a good 2 part base nutrient that gives you perfect PH every time is ideal. I've used them all, and Connisour Grow/Bloom by Advanced Nutrients works the best, but just because the concentration is high, so I use less of it.

Remove any leaf that looks unhealthy, spotted/browning, oddly curled from lack of light/heat stress, as well as removing any leaf with a hard red stem (these leaves have served their purpose and aren't helping the plant anymore). I also defoliate any leaf that falls over multiple budding sites(if it can't be tucked), and any budding sites that are too low to receive full light (they won't get dense anyway).

I do my first training in the 3rd week of growth from seed, using pipe cleaners at multiple tension spots to get the top below the side branching. I tried the green coated training wires they sell, but the pipe cleaners are more rigid and easy to work with, plus at 1 penny each I have no issues using 30-40 pipe cleaners on a single girl, and then just throw them away. There's a good picture of this from the Gorilla Cookies in my most recent post.

After that it all comes down to environment, but I'm not doing anything different there, so just watch them get pretty!
Damn a lot of interesting and useful information here I am going to have to maybe adjust a couple things I am doing or at least give it a go to see if it works for me. I have been thinking about going back to just germinating in the dirt as that's where I came from and was always the way my old man taught me. I think I started doing other methods when I started buying seeds from bigger companies that claim there germination guarantee is voided if you germinated the seed any other way. I think that was the genesis of it. I have thought about feeding more often as well or what it would take for me to get for a more lush vigorous veg period. It has been a pain to collect all the runoff as there really isn't the space to move things around to get at the runoff trays, I needed to figure out what was going on t hoi as I started having all sorts of issues I never had when I was using different water and somehow never put 2 and 2 together to realize that was the issue earlier. Definitely made me think of trying a couple things differently and I am going to at least give them a go and see if I can make it work for me. Thanks again.

Ahh, forgot to say that as well, I never have any runoff from seed to finish. Just a waste of nutrients IMO, but the results of feed to waste systems might disagree, lol.

Ahh, forgot to say that as well, I never have any runoff from seed to finish. Just a waste of nutrients IMO, but the results of feed to waste systems might disagree, lol.
I want to try everything at least once. I used to not be concerned about runoff so much when I used better water before and I didn't have an issues then. But I was using a much more traditional soil medium at the time. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Some nice strains dude (hulk smash sounds just about right) im no good with soil (never grown in it) but if you ever try coco I'll help as much as i could (might be more a hindrance then help :eyebrows:) but subbed up dude now let's see some nice fat buds :pass:

Terpene/Trichome Tuesday January 26th 2021
Here my first of my twice a week updates on Trichome or terpene Tuesdays and the second one will be on "Frosty Fridays". All sorts of things going on lately experiments and results I didn't expect. Happily getting back to running smooth with couple minor tent tweaks and most importantly renewed vigilance monitoring my water. Since I am paying so much attention to water I decided to try some dwc out which I have had the stuff around forever to use for it. So while all the trouble I caused my self through assuming my houses r o system was working and not checking it has paid of in a strange way. There isn't losses only lessons and I learned and grew from it and I am ready starting to see the benefits of some adjustments. So the water disaster gave me the nudge I needed to take on a new challenge I think I will continue with for awhile as I'm enjoying it so far. I went back and read @Mañ'O'Green thread on dwc and learned a lot likely avoided some heart ache later on by doing so, so thank you for that, I had a basic idea but just a lot of little things that added up to a lot and big things down the line if I hadn't read it who knows. Anyways I will start with the oldest girls in the Cycle down to the youngest and and added experience I had that was interesting. Enough ramblings and onto the girls and their pictures.

Terri Fox Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
She is coming along nicely, but I just wish I hadn't caused the stress and issues I had and had been following practices because when I grew the strain previously it was always a bigger producer. Saying that oh my god I took a piece of tie down out that wasn't needed and was between flower. It was shiny with grease and smelled exactly like a grape jolly rancher so I'm excited to take that one down seems like it's going to be a quick finisher too so no complaints I'll run it again soon and do better.

Day 41
Screenshot_20210126_215232_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 42/43
IMG_20210124_190346.jpg
IMG_20210125_233025.jpg

IMG_20210126_205000.jpg

Fitzella Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
I decided to top this one before I ran it. I'm a little bummed out with everything I've done recently but it's turning around and I'm getting back to my old ways. Thankfully the genetics are still making what should at least be nice quality smoke even though I didn't really give the plants as chance to be all they could be. It's starting to get frosty and bulk up a bit now.
Day 36
Screenshot_20210126_220434_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I had some issues with lockout due to my water quality and I'm trying to minimise the damage though these first couple until I get everything OK again then it will be a lot simpler as I can go back to something similar to my old program. I haven't taken too many pictures and it hasnt had much change better or worse in last little bit. It's already got a nice little jolly rancher scent coming on as well.
Holly Fugue State bred by Mephisto Genetics
I topped this girl as well as its something I am thinking about playing with and probably doing depending on what the plant is saying to me going forward. She is pulling out well and is in early flower/stretch I have seen some other people here do some nice Fugue so I am excited to see how it does and since it was younger I have had a bit more time to fix or work towards fixing is maybe more accurate, the issue with ec and ppm I had been dealing with before I got a r o water plan. Sucks to be back to paying for water to play but it beats being on the bench and I know what I'm getting and it's consistent and good quality now.
Day 24
Screenshot_20210126_220951_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 27
Screenshot_20210126_221000_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
don't know that I'll train much more just because its pretty even Canopy at this point.
Eve Livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
This little girl hadn't been effected too much except for maybe a bit slower growth as I had mostly figured out the water situation for the life of this plant. Haven't been able to feed like I would've liked though or would normally but I will run it again soon. Maybe in dwc or because I want to try coco and didn't realise he was along for the ride and willing to help maybe in coco with @Wile e Peyote to ride shotgun and see me through my first coco journey my bad for not seeing the message I already have a question for you I'll address once I have updated. I am just pulling this girl out a little with staples and leaf tucking and she is doing well enough considering nothing was quite perfect lately. Here she is.
Day 18
Screenshot_20210126_221941_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 20
Screenshot_20210126_221954_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics
This girl really didn't like the soil I couldn't get to the store the day I needed to so I had to reuse a bit of my promix which I didn't want to do but the bean erupted with a huge tap after less than 24 hours soaking and I wasn't prepared. My fault but she is the one suffering but I have recently seen some here that were to be culled and were let live and did great so here's hoping. :goodluck:
Day 13
Screenshot_20210126_223851_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Forgive me if I hadn't introduced any of the next girls appropriately I am hoping to be rid of the 4 photos that have been the bane of my existence as im not finishing them and they are taking over a quarter of my tent up. Once they go I have my space back so I have jumped my week by week thing I do typically to have my tent full.... With Autos. I have one photo I will document as I make it a mom and eventually ship her out and maybe breed the clippings into each other to keep the strain if it seems like it is worth the work to do it which I believe it will outside of things like that and outdoor season I don't plan on documenting them photos.
Suzie Cubed, Strawberry Stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics
This girl is also unfortunately in the last bit of straight promix ill be using so that's unfortunate as I think the new mix or straight "super soil" which is a soilless medium seems to be really beneficial for the babies and that's where I feel like I can make the biggest difference in my grows with the least amount of headaches. She's coming along though doing her thing.
Day 8
Screenshot_20210126_225345_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Not huge but not unhappy it seems. Not a lot interesting going on yet so less pics and I want to keep it under 15 for one post since most are just young now and I'll be updating again Friday.
Black widow, Hulk Smash tester from Canadian Autoflower (Bruce banner x sour stomper)
This one has me excited firstly I feel blessed to be able to test and journal this strain as personally I have had only good experience with Canadian Autoflower and their genetics and mephisto beans. Secondly I badly wanted to run some sour stomper or crosses so when I got details on genetics I was even more pumped. Thirdly it's in stepwell Super soil which is a peat based medium amended with some organic materials. Claims you only need water but I will be feeding later in life and I only use organic nutrients from Green planet nutrients. Specifically the medi one base line with a couple added things for root health and because I have enjoyed their products and watched them work wonders for my brother when I gifted him some as well. Going forward I will be using stepwell for the top third of my container and sunshine number 4 right now as my store was out of the promix HP i am comfortable with. She has had great and quick growth sprouted in the cup soaking and been good since. Couple days younger but has caught up and maybe passed suzie Cubed.
Day 3
Screenshot_20210126_230414_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 6
Screenshot_20210126_230425_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Introducing Big Shoots a six shooter from Fastbuds
This one got her name because of the six shooter obviously but mostly because me and the old lady been watching way too much Letterkenny lately. This is my first foray into dwc. Having a hard time keeping water as cool as I am supposed to but I use root builder and for now it's helping and is supposed to be similar to what @Mañ'O'Green suggested for helping prevent root rot. I'm dialing it in by the day. Following his thread to help me. Ec is under 300 but approaching with the pH adjustment through the day. Which I am mixing my pH down into a bit of water and adding that instead of right into the res like I started to do. PH I am keeping from 5.7 to 6.1 adjusting when needed. Plant is ahead of any other one I have as old.
Day 5
Screenshot_20210126_231440_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I put the germinated bean into soaked and pH adjusted rockwool till tap came out while water was bubbling away trying to stabilise pH ahead of time. Going to have to make another pail up and bubble it for a day or so before changing out nutrients.
Panamama, Panama haze by Canadian Autoflower
I have ran this one before so I have big expectations as I know what it can do and I loved the smoke last time. Nice sativa high. Produced well when I ran it last. Her she is.
Day 3
Screenshot_20210126_232315_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

She isn't the newest addition to the auto roster though and I should've mentioned I went with top 3rd stepwell and the rest sunshine with this one. Trying this alongside stepwell only to see if I can get the benefits but reduce costs some and allow me more control on when I feed and how much. So last but not least in the autos is.......
Toots, Sweet Tooth tester from Canadian Autoflower
Girlfriend named this one play on the letters in tooth and what some people used to call their girlfriend back in the days. I will have to ask the genetics on this one as I forgot to ask. Just a baby but she is coming along. I have a third tester strain from Canadian Autoflower, Northern Bear set to soak so we will see her soon too. I am out of photos though so next thread reply will be her pictures. I will also post the one photo baby I have going then that's all until Frosty Friday and I can just enjoy everyone else's work in the meantime.

Toots, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower continued....
Pictures from the start of her life she's in full stepwell. As opposed to the one 3rd stepwell I am testing out as well.
Day 1
Screenshot_20210126_233025_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Poking her head up
Day 2
Screenshot_20210126_233031_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Grape Topanga x skittlez cake photo from Jungle Boys
This one was a gift from my brother and I am stoked to run it as I didn't even know of jungle boys before him and they have some fire looking stuff here she is
Day 2
Screenshot_20210126_234030_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 3
Screenshot_20210126_234037_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

The old lady named this one gracie tsc and off to the races she goes.

Any help, pointers, advice and general just comments and tagging along is appreciated more then I can adequately express. Thank you, I appreciate your help and this community.

Some nice strains dude (hulk smash sounds just about right) im no good with soil (never grown in it) but if you ever try coco I'll help as much as i could (might be more a hindrance then help :eyebrows:) but subbed up dude now let's see some nice fat buds :pass:
Thank you sincerely for tagging along. I want to try coco and if you are willing to throw some pointers my way and don't mind I kinda want to get started sooner then later. No time like the present they say.... What would you recommend I buy as far as coco to get going. Is there a brand or pre amended or not you would recommend. I gotta do it because @St. Tom uses it with hydroton if I remember right in his solo cups and he also said he would throw some help my way. I have to go back and look maybe it isn't coco but either way I want to do a solo cup soon and coco so if either of you two gentleman have a coco suggestion I am all ears. Also thank you for taking the time to pay attention and caring enough to offer you time and expertise to help me it's humbling.

Oh one last thing I collected some double grape pollen awhile back and made some seeds with a couple plants I liked and just to try it out. Haven't had any pop the way I wanted to wondering why that might be @Fitzy I know you do seems like a fair bit of breeding any reason why that might be. They are viable and I know that because I tried a coupe hoping they would just explode and they didn't really so I cut the bean with a razor and twice there was the tiniest germ so I threw them in the dirt I had temp adjusting too early for my northern bear. Went to fluff the soil in it and discovered this
IMG_20210126_094103.jpg

I hurt them when I disturbed them as I didn't expect there to be anything but I just wanted to add this as it amazed me how strong these plants are and too do what I'm not good at and BE PATIENT. These things are stronger then I thought and will do there thing if I just get out of the way and let them. One was a double grape x zkittlez and the other a double grape x toofless alien I have a dozen more of each I am going to run and lots of just double grape. If anyone has any ideas on how to make them germ more reliably or what I did to make it so they don't want to maybe. Either way learning experience.
IMG_20210110_162654.jpg

Thats what it looked like when I cut the bean and before I buried it just because turns out I should've had faith

Oh one last thing I collected some double grape pollen awhile back and made some seeds with a couple plants I liked and just to try it out. Haven't had any pop the way I wanted to wondering why that might be @Fitzy I know you do seems like a fair bit of breeding any reason why that might be. They are viable and I know that because I tried a coupe hoping they would just explode and they didn't really so I cut the bean with a razor and twice there was the tiniest germ so I threw them in the dirt I had temp adjusting too early for my northern bear. Went to fluff the soil in it and discovered this
View attachment 1280835
I hurt them when I disturbed them as I didn't expect there to be anything but I just wanted to add this as it amazed me how strong these plants are and too do what I'm not good at and BE PATIENT. These things are stronger then I thought and will do there thing if I just get out of the way and let them. One was a double grape x zkittlez and the other a double grape x toofless alien I have a dozen more of each I am going to run and lots of just double grape. If anyone has any ideas on how to make them germ more reliably or what I did to make it so they don't want to maybe. Either way learning experience. View attachment 1280836
Thats what it looked like when I cut the bean and before I buried it just because turns out I should've had faith
So some seeds that are new won't germ well and need time before peak efficiency some will start germing immediately there is a seed cracking tek used I will find it for ya.

So some seeds that are new won't germ well and need time before peak efficiency some will start germing immediately there is a seed cracking tek used I will find it for ya.
Yes please that would be great. I appreciate the information and your help.

Back