Bmurrciless

Experiments and experiences
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I have a Blog too but since I haven't been posting long I am going to try a couple in just regular threads as well to see what will get me more traffic mostly for advice and help as I want to get better and I value this community and the opinions and experience that it has to offer and figure out what's best for me and for the site as I plan on posting a fair bit going forward the good and the bad but hopefully the good.
Catching up
Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie (Terri Fox... I let my girl name them all this one came about because we called this strain 3g walker and Terry Fox being a legend and prodigious walker/runner I was hoping it would be as epic as he was)

Week 1
The seed soaked for 24 hours and then went into paper towel and was popped and out in less than 24 hours of paper towel time.

Day one December 15th 2020
Screenshot_20210120_174258_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 7
Screenshot_20210120_174442_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 2
The first week was uneventful on the surface in reality the tap water here was really bad I used to use bottled water but figured out there was an r o system in the house...... It isn't working I know that now after I ran into some issues and needed to figure out what was going on. I have since switched to a bottled r o service for me and the house to drink. I'll have to get my own houses system working again so it's a bit cheaper but for now it's better then my tap water and I don't plan on causing myself and my plants the same stress over and again. Here's some photos of week 2.

Day 11
Screenshot_20210120_175604_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 14
Screenshot_20210120_175613_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Thats all for week 2 I use the staples for leaf tucking and early training.
Week 3
Plant is coming along well at this point nothing too crazy going on have to wonder how things would be going if I had monitored the ec and ppm all along. Its on me but I have to wonder... Just never thought my water would be so hard but it is a lesson learned at this point. Here's some photos of the week that was number 3 for Terri Fox the Double grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower.
Day 16
Screenshot_20210120_181117_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 18
Screenshot_20210120_181312_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 21
Screenshot_20210120_181422_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 4
I don't know why I felt the need to train it l was originally just going to let it go natural but I couldn't resist thankfully I have another one outside of the other one currently running that I topped that I think I will just let go to see what the strain does as I have yet to do that. Here's photos of the week that was week 4
Day 23
Screenshot_20210120_182545_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 28
A bit of the effects of the extremely hard water starting to show itself some now.
Screenshot_20210120_182753_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
Screenshot_20210120_182801_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 5
This week I am still trying to fight off the damage from the water and once I start posting up to date at the end of this thread and going forward I will record what I feed how much when ec and ppm in and out and so forth but I just want to try a thread like this first, I may still do a Blog separate for the plants but I want to see which works best for me to be as active posting as possible. Here's some pictures from week 5 we are into 2021 at this point. Using the app before was a bit of a hindrance but now that I will be up to date every pic will have the date to make it easier for anyone to follow along that cares to. Here's pics.
Day 29
Screenshot_20210120_191819_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210120_191828_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 35
Screenshot_20210120_192036_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

She is bulking up and adding frost
IMG_20210118_233138.jpg

Week 6
I am now in real time with this girl in the thread still rinsing and hoping to feed again maybe next feeding as after the last two go rounds I have got my runoff closer to reasonable if I feed next it would be light anyone who has advice on whether to feed or not based on the number I list for it now that I can have people help me in real time.
When I realised I had issues coming on and I had been feeding at less then half strength every third watering being fertigation I knew I needed to check my water. The water out of my tub was absurd I don't have the numbers written and don't want to exaggerate so I'll check again and record it. It was jarring whatever it was. So I fed with some r o water I bought from a store that had almost no ec and ppm to see if I could reduce the damage I had done with the tap water. So the water going in had an ec of .17
with a ppm of 0084 the runoff was an ec of 2.7 with a ppm of 1357.
Day 36
Screenshot_20210120_193345_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Watered today Day 37 ec in was 0.35 with a ppm of 0176 and ec out was 1.46 with a ppm of 733 which is better then it was anyways. I can't attach anymore pictures so in going to have to post now and do the other double grape x Grapewalker kush freebie which is almost in flower, fugue state which is in pre flower, livers bx in earlier veg, sour gummy bears that is in its second week a strawberry stomper that is in its first week. A Hulk smash tester I have been lucky enough to be blessed with the opportunity to run by Canadian Autoflower that is already up after going in like 24 hours ago or less, the Northern Bear tester I have been given the opportunity to run from Canadian Autoflower and a Panama haze from Canadian Autoflower that went in just before light out with a half to 3/4 " tap root so I expect them up soon and I am trying one of the six shooter from Fastbuds I forgot I had a pack of so I'm going to try and do a dwc with so it's in rockwool with also about a 3/4" tap root. My apologies to everyone if I am not being kosher with this as I have some of this in a Blog as well but I am just newer to posting and trying to figure out whichever option works better for me. I also want to tag some people that have helped me already on here or who I see helping many people and I respect but mostly that I see actively helping as I don't want to bother anyone and hope it's not a bother to the people I tag if it is please let me know and I won't do so in the future. Im going to end this post because I can't post more pics for other plants with a bunch of tags my bad if it's not welcome or I forgot someone who has helped me tell me and I will do better next time @St. Tom, @Waira ,@Mañ'O'Green @canadian_autoflower @CDN88, @Prez2.0, @Proph, @pop22, @jb_moviefan, @WildBill, @Garage_Grower, @Wile e Peyote @Trichome farmer, @420Forever, @NorthernLights_420, @Snagwood. If there is anyone who you think would want to follow along or could help me be better send them my way I am humble and open to new ideas and techniques. Also to anyone who might be offended I didn't add them though I can't imagine that being a real thing I apologise I just tried to add anyone I've interacted with here there's others I would like to as I admire their work and knowledge but hopefully in time. Thanks so much for looking in and helping or advising me anyway you see fit. I appreciate it.

Part 2:
Catching up

Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower I try topping this time. This one is named Fitzella staying with the walking theme and Fitz and the Tantrums "the walker" song.

Week 1
Seed soaked for 24 hours came out into paper towel for 24 or less half inch or bigger went in the soil and came up about 24 hours or less later.

Day 1
Screenshot_20210120_202209_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 6
Screenshot_20210120_202320_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 2
Everything is kosher at this point bit of taco leaf but I have had this previously with this strain under different lights and conditions so I was not concerned. Otherwise more or less smooth sailing I'll actually be listing what I feed when as soon as I'm caught up.

Day 8
Screenshot_20210120_202719_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 10
Screenshot_20210120_202826_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 13
Screenshot_20210120_202927_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 3
Things are coming along ok still at this point enough so that I decided I was going to top it I had halfway decided this before it went in the ground but I went for it been wanting to try a couple runs like that for awhile now ever since I watched some of what @autobeast has done with topping.

Day 15
Screenshot_20210120_203549_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 17
Screenshot_20210120_203633_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 21
Screenshot_20210120_203644_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 4
This was about when I realised water was an issue for me and had to start to deal with it more like I used to before I put faith in my home r o system that isn't working. I have went out and bought a bottle plan so I have good actual r o water now to start with which should help.

Day 23
Screenshot_20210120_204226_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 27
Screenshot_20210120_204345_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 5
When I last watered this one well water/rinsed salts the readings in were an ec of.17 with ppm of 0084 the run off was 2.55 ec and ppm of 1378. Today it was ec in of.35
with a ppm of 0176 runoff collected was 2.2 ec with a ppm of 1121. Here's pictures of this week so far

Day 29
Screenshot_20210120_205331_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 30 January 19th 2021
Screenshot_20210120_205449_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

That's where we are with this one I think I can get most of the others in one or two replies to the thread thanks for bearing with me while I get it up to date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120_202927_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120_202927_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
I have a Blog too but since I haven't been posting long I am going to try a couple in just regular threads as well to see what will get me more traffic mostly for advice and help as I want to get better and I value this community and the opinions and experience that it has to offer and figure out what's best for me and for the site as I plan on posting a fair bit going forward the good and the bad but hopefully the good.
Catching up
Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie (Terri Fox... I let my girl name them all this one came about because we called this strain 3g walker and Terry Fox being a legend and prodigious walker/runner I was hoping it would be as epic as he was)

Week 1
The seed soaked for 24 hours and then went into paper towel and was popped and out in less than 24 hours of paper towel time.

Day one December 15th 2020
View attachment 1278344
Day 7
View attachment 1278345

Week 2
The first week was uneventful on the surface in reality the tap water here was really bad I used to use bottled water but figured out there was an r o system in the house...... It isn't working I know that now after I ran into some issues and needed to figure out what was going on. I have since switched to a bottled r o service for me and the house to drink. I'll have to get my own houses system working again so it's a bit cheaper but for now it's better then my tap water and I don't plan on causing myself and my plants the same stress over and again. Here's some photos of week 2.

Day 11View attachment 1278347
Day 14
View attachment 1278348
Thats all for week 2 I use the staples for leaf tucking and early training.
Week 3
Plant is coming along well at this point nothing too crazy going on have to wonder how things would be going if I had monitored the ec and ppm all along. Its on me but I have to wonder... Just never thought my water would be so hard but it is a lesson learned at this point. Here's some photos of the week that was number 3 for Terri Fox the Double grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower.
Day 16View attachment 1278351
Day 18View attachment 1278352
Day 21
View attachment 1278353
Week 4
I don't know why I felt the need to train it l was originally just going to let it go natural but I couldn't resist thankfully I have another one outside of the other one currently running that I topped that I think I will just let go to see what the strain does as I have yet to do that. Here's photos of the week that was week 4
Day 23View attachment 1278355
Day 28
A bit of the effects of the extremely hard water starting to show itself some now.
View attachment 1278359View attachment 1278361
Week 5
This week I am still trying to fight off the damage from the water and once I start posting up to date at the end of this thread and going forward I will record what I feed how much when ec and ppm in and out and so forth but I just want to try a thread like this first, I may still do a Blog separate for the plants but I want to see which works best for me to be as active posting as possible. Here's some pictures from week 5 we are into 2021 at this point. Using the app before was a bit of a hindrance but now that I will be up to date every pic will have the date to make it easier for anyone to follow along that cares to. Here's pics.
Day 29
View attachment 1278401
View attachment 1278402
Day 35
View attachment 1278403
She is bulking up and adding frost View attachment 1278404
Week 6
I am now in real time with this girl in the thread still rinsing and hoping to feed again maybe next feeding as after the last two go rounds I have got my runoff closer to reasonable if I feed next it would be light anyone who has advice on whether to feed or not based on the number I list for it now that I can have people help me in real time.
When I realised I had issues coming on and I had been feeding at less then half strength every third watering being fertigation I knew I needed to check my water. The water out of my tub was absurd I don't have the numbers written and don't want to exaggerate so I'll check again and record it. It was jarring whatever it was. So I fed with some r o water I bought from a store that had almost no ec and ppm to see if I could reduce the damage I had done with the tap water. So the water going in had an ec of .17
with a ppm of 0084 the runoff was an ec of 2.7 with a ppm of 1357.
Day 36
View attachment 1278409
Watered today Day 37 ec in was 0.35 with a ppm of 0176 and ec out was 1.46 with a ppm of 733 which is better then it was anyways. I can't attach anymore pictures so in going to have to post now and do the other double grape x Grapewalker kush freebie which is almost in flower, fugue state which is in pre flower, livers bx in earlier veg, sour gummy bears that is in its second week a strawberry stomper that is in its first week. A Hulk smash tester I have been lucky enough to be blessed with the opportunity to run by Canadian Autoflower that is already up after going in like 24 hours ago or less, the Northern Bear tester I have been given the opportunity to run from Canadian Autoflower and a Panama haze from Canadian Autoflower that went in just before light out with a half to 3/4 " tap root so I expect them up soon and I am trying one of the six shooter from Fastbuds I forgot I had a pack of so I'm going to try and do a dwc with so it's in rockwool with also about a 3/4" tap root. My apologies to everyone if I am not being kosher with this as I have some of this in a Blog as well but I am just newer to posting and trying to figure out whichever option works better for me. I also want to tag some people that have helped me already on here or who I see helping many people and I respect but mostly that I see actively helping as I don't want to bother anyone and hope it's not a bother to the people I tag if it is please let me know and I won't do so in the future. Im going to end this post because I can't post more pics for other plants with a bunch of tags my bad if it's not welcome or I forgot someone who has helped me tell me and I will do better next time @St. Tom, @Waira ,@Mañ'O'Green @canadian_autoflower @CDN88, @Prez2.0, @Proph, @pop22, @jb_moviefan, @WildBill, @Garage_Grower, @Wile e Peyote @Trichome farmer, @420Forever, @NorthernLights_420, @Snagwood. If there is anyone who you think would want to follow along or could help me be better send them my way I am humble and open to new ideas and techniques. Also to anyone who might be offended I didn't add them though I can't imagine that being a real thing I apologise I just tried to add anyone I've interacted with here there's others I would like to as I admire their work and knowledge but hopefully in time. Thanks so much for looking in and helping or advising me anyway you see fit. I appreciate it.
Were all here as a whole community for ya. We all grow bros and look out for each other and help each other and learn from each other. We all grow together

Part 3:
Catching up

Fugue state bred by Mephisto Genetics . This one the girlfriend named Holly as I was originally going to soak it on Xmas maybe I did but it would've been late if I did
Week 1
Soaked her 24 hours and into paper towel 24 plus to get a bit bigger tap root she was up about another 24 hours and she was up and off to the races.

Day 1
Screenshot_20210120_213740_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 7
Screenshot_20210120_213754_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 2
Plant is coming along ok still at this point soon to discover the water issue I had but haven't yet I don't believe I had. Decided I wanted to top this one as well but I think that's in the third week I'll remember as I put pics in I guess :baked: nope not yet lol

Day 13
Screenshot_20210120_214430_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 3
This is the week I topped it did it need it probably not but I want to try it on a couple strains I think. Coming along ok the water hasn't effected it too much yet at this point.

Day 15
Screenshot_20210120_215037_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Before topping
Day 17
Screenshot_20210120_215106_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

After
Day 21 responded well to topping
Screenshot_20210120_215257_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 4
She is still coming along ok but when I began checking water it was about what I thought. Water went in with ec of .75 with a ppm of 0381 with a runoff of 2.55 ec and a ppm of 1200. But it has taken to the training well.
Day 22 January 19th 2021
Screenshot_20210120_220052_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Catching up
Part 4:
Livers bx1 Bred by Mephisto Genetics named eve as it was supposed to go in on new years but it did not happen that way.
Week 1
Soaked her 24 hours and into paper towel 24 hours and out about 24 more and up and off to the races. Here's the pictures.
Day 1
Screenshot_20210120_221428_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 7
Screenshot_20210120_221442_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 2
Water issue hasn't come out strong yet but it likely will water went in at .17 ec 0084ppm runoff was 3.8 ec with ppm of 1801. Watered today and it was water in at .35 ec with a ppm of 0176 runoff was ec of 4.2 with a ppm of 2221? I thought that was a little strange but I don't know I'll see next time I guess. Heres a pic.
Day 14
Screenshot_20210120_222325_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

That's where we are at now ill take pics tonight but will likely only post Mondays and Fridays going forward unless I have issues I think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120_221442_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120_221442_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Were all here as a whole community for ya. We all grow bros and look out for each other and help each other and learn from each other. We all grow together
Thats awesome that's how I look at it as well glad to be growing alongside you!!

Catching up
Part 5 the last part of the catching up

Sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics. This one got dubbed Funshine which I know it's not carebears strain but it's named after a carebear
Week 1
Soaked 24 hours and into paper towel 24 plus and into the dirt 24 later and up she came.
Day 1
Screenshot_20210120_223252_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 7
Screenshot_20210120_223303_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Week 2
No issues with anything so far I soaked it ahead of testing anything so I don't have the numbers yet I expect to soon as far as ec and ppm but I used bottled water so it shouldn't be as bad as whatever got the bath tub water.
Day 8 January 19th 2021
Screenshot_20210120_223729_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Strawberry Stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics this one was named Suzie Cubed because Strawberry Stomper Suzie 3s or s3 Suzie Cubed.
Week 1
Soaked 24 hours and into paper towel 24 plus and into the dirt 24 later and up she came almost like clockwork. Here is pics.
Screenshot_20210120_224837_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Not much more to see at the moment so I won't take any more pics of her just yet.

Hulk Smash tester from Canadian Autoflower I dubbed this one "black widow" for somewhat childish reasons I will let imagination do what it will :baked:
Week 1
Soaked her 24 hours and into paper towel for like 6 as the tap root was like an inch long
IMG_20210119_121243.jpg

Day 1
She is up now. I am doing this one in stepwell super soil partially to avoid ec and ppm issues mostly because my place didn't have promix so I tried stepwell and sunshine 4 I have only opened the stepwell to begin with and this and the northern bear will be done in stepwell Panama with just an inch or two of stepwell. Here is pictures of her today.
Day 1
Screenshot_20210120_230039_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Up she comes im hoping the stepwell helps with veg time as I feel I'm not optimizing that stage yet. That's all for now. I'll post when the other ones come up. I just realised I haven't dropped the Northern bear yet so I should probably get on it to keep this perpetual train rolling and to fill my tent once these photos I'm not finishing get out of my way. Anyways thanks everyone. I'll be back posting soon but cruising everyone's posts trying to learn what I can. Have a great night or day depends where in the world you are I guess but I hope its excellent. :goodluck::growing::joy:

Nice work :)
Not my best yet but I have invested in the missing link of quality water to do things justice. I'll be running more of your stuff soon and I am working towards being able to do genetics justice and not hold them back. Better things on the horizon soon. Hulk smash already seems like it wants to go nuts it's ahead of my typical time line by 12 to 24 hours of my first 72 hours so I'm pumped.

Looking solid man, and I don't think there's anyone who likes a perpetual garden more than me, so I hope you end up with a beautiful cycle soon.

Some things I've changed about my grow over the years:

I feed nutrients from day 1 at seed, and with every feeding from that point forward. I start with only .5ml/liter of my base A&B for the first 2 weeks, but daily feedings with nutes is an essential part of my grow. The idea of daily watering is crucial as well, starting with just a splash for the first week, then 200ml in the 2nd, 500ml in the 3rd, and full soakings of 1.5+liters daily from week 4 on.

I always germ in my final pot, never in a paper towel, cup of water on top of the cable box, or various other silly methods. Everyone who says to do this wrong, as the tap root will never be as strong if it doesn't sprout directly into the medium. I've popped over 1500 seeds in the past 10 years, and not one has ever done as well being germinated in anything other than the final pot (unless you're doing photo-period and intend to up-pot), and I've tried every method dozens of times, including some silly ones I made up myself like making solo cups into road cones.

Pot preparation is important too, as I loosely fill the pot with my Promix HP, allowing only gravity from a couple gentle lifts and drops to make the soil settle in the pot. Packing soil in only leads to weaker root systems as roots have trouble weaving through dense material. The tap root is the most essential part on any germination, so I use a plastic tube I made from cutting the ends off a cleaning wipe container to water just the center of the pot with a full liter of water. Then I remove the tube, and stir up all the wet soil down the center core of the pot with a chop stick really well to make sure it's moist, but very airy, then lightly smooth it flat with my hand. Then I make a tiny hole the size of the seed directly in the center of the pot with tweezers, then I use tweezers to make a small loose pile of soil over the seed, them put just a splash of solution on it to flatten the pile, then top it with the bottom half an empty water bottle to retain humidity. It's a little tedious, but using this method my success rate from seed to harvested plants has seen only 3 plants in 4 years not germinate and come to fruition.

I hate measuring AC, PH, PPM, and I've got too many strains and plants going at once to realistically check and modify each one, so a good 2 part base nutrient that gives you perfect PH every time is ideal. I've used them all, and Connisour Grow/Bloom by Advanced Nutrients works the best, but just because the concentration is high, so I use less of it.

Remove any leaf that looks unhealthy, spotted/browning, oddly curled from lack of light/heat stress, as well as removing any leaf with a hard red stem (these leaves have served their purpose and aren't helping the plant anymore). I also defoliate any leaf that falls over multiple budding sites(if it can't be tucked), and any budding sites that are too low to receive full light (they won't get dense anyway).

I do my first training in the 3rd week of growth from seed, using pipe cleaners at multiple tension spots to get the top below the side branching. I tried the green coated training wires they sell, but the pipe cleaners are more rigid and easy to work with, plus at 1 penny each I have no issues using 30-40 pipe cleaners on a single girl, and then just throw them away. There's a good picture of this from the Gorilla Cookies in my most recent post.

After that it all comes down to environment, but I'm not doing anything different there, so just watch them get pretty!

Back