Terpene/Trichome Tuesday January 26th 2021
  • Here my first of my twice a week updates on Trichome or terpene Tuesdays and the second one will be on "Frosty Fridays". All sorts of things going on lately experiments and results I didn't expect. Happily getting back to running smooth with couple minor tent tweaks and most importantly renewed vigilance monitoring my water. Since I am paying so much attention to water I decided to try some dwc out which I have had the stuff around forever to use for it. So while all the trouble I caused my self through assuming my houses r o system was working and not checking it has paid of in a strange way. There isn't losses only lessons and I learned and grew from it and I am ready starting to see the benefits of some adjustments. So the water disaster gave me the nudge I needed to take on a new challenge I think I will continue with for awhile as I'm enjoying it so far. I went back and read @Mañ'O'Green thread on dwc and learned a lot likely avoided some heart ache later on by doing so, so thank you for that, I had a basic idea but just a lot of little things that added up to a lot and big things down the line if I hadn't read it who knows. Anyways I will start with the oldest girls in the Cycle down to the youngest and and added experience I had that was interesting. Enough ramblings and onto the girls and their pictures.

Terri Fox Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    She is coming along nicely, but I just wish I hadn't caused the stress and issues I had and had been following practices because when I grew the strain previously it was always a bigger producer. Saying that oh my god I took a piece of tie down out that wasn't needed and was between flower. It was shiny with grease and smelled exactly like a grape jolly rancher so I'm excited to take that one down seems like it's going to be a quick finisher too so no complaints I'll run it again soon and do better.

Day 41
    Screenshot_20210126_215232_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 42/43
    IMG_20210124_190346.jpg
    IMG_20210125_233025.jpg

IMG_20210126_205000.jpg

Fitzella Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    I decided to top this one before I ran it. I'm a little bummed out with everything I've done recently but it's turning around and I'm getting back to my old ways. Thankfully the genetics are still making what should at least be nice quality smoke even though I didn't really give the plants as chance to be all they could be. It's starting to get frosty and bulk up a bit now.
    Day 36
    Screenshot_20210126_220434_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I had some issues with lockout due to my water quality and I'm trying to minimise the damage though these first couple until I get everything OK again then it will be a lot simpler as I can go back to something similar to my old program. I haven't taken too many pictures and it hasnt had much change better or worse in last little bit. It's already got a nice little jolly rancher scent coming on as well.
    Holly Fugue State bred by Mephisto Genetics
    I topped this girl as well as its something I am thinking about playing with and probably doing depending on what the plant is saying to me going forward. She is pulling out well and is in early flower/stretch I have seen some other people here do some nice Fugue so I am excited to see how it does and since it was younger I have had a bit more time to fix or work towards fixing is maybe more accurate, the issue with ec and ppm I had been dealing with before I got a r o water plan. Sucks to be back to paying for water to play but it beats being on the bench and I know what I'm getting and it's consistent and good quality now.
    Day 24
    Screenshot_20210126_220951_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 27
    Screenshot_20210126_221000_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    don't know that I'll train much more just because its pretty even Canopy at this point.
    Eve Livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This little girl hadn't been effected too much except for maybe a bit slower growth as I had mostly figured out the water situation for the life of this plant. Haven't been able to feed like I would've liked though or would normally but I will run it again soon. Maybe in dwc or because I want to try coco and didn't realise he was along for the ride and willing to help maybe in coco with @Wile e Peyote to ride shotgun and see me through my first coco journey my bad for not seeing the message I already have a question for you I'll address once I have updated. I am just pulling this girl out a little with staples and leaf tucking and she is doing well enough considering nothing was quite perfect lately. Here she is.
    Day 18
    Screenshot_20210126_221941_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 20
    Screenshot_20210126_221954_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This girl really didn't like the soil I couldn't get to the store the day I needed to so I had to reuse a bit of my promix which I didn't want to do but the bean erupted with a huge tap after less than 24 hours soaking and I wasn't prepared. My fault but she is the one suffering but I have recently seen some here that were to be culled and were let live and did great so here's hoping. :goodluck:
    Day 13
    Screenshot_20210126_223851_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Forgive me if I hadn't introduced any of the next girls appropriately I am hoping to be rid of the 4 photos that have been the bane of my existence as im not finishing them and they are taking over a quarter of my tent up. Once they go I have my space back so I have jumped my week by week thing I do typically to have my tent full.... With Autos. I have one photo I will document as I make it a mom and eventually ship her out and maybe breed the clippings into each other to keep the strain if it seems like it is worth the work to do it which I believe it will outside of things like that and outdoor season I don't plan on documenting them photos.
    Suzie Cubed, Strawberry Stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This girl is also unfortunately in the last bit of straight promix ill be using so that's unfortunate as I think the new mix or straight "super soil" which is a soilless medium seems to be really beneficial for the babies and that's where I feel like I can make the biggest difference in my grows with the least amount of headaches. She's coming along though doing her thing.
    Day 8
    Screenshot_20210126_225345_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Not huge but not unhappy it seems. Not a lot interesting going on yet so less pics and I want to keep it under 15 for one post since most are just young now and I'll be updating again Friday.
    Black widow, Hulk Smash tester from Canadian Autoflower (Bruce banner x sour stomper)
    This one has me excited firstly I feel blessed to be able to test and journal this strain as personally I have had only good experience with Canadian Autoflower and their genetics and mephisto beans. Secondly I badly wanted to run some sour stomper or crosses so when I got details on genetics I was even more pumped. Thirdly it's in stepwell Super soil which is a peat based medium amended with some organic materials. Claims you only need water but I will be feeding later in life and I only use organic nutrients from Green planet nutrients. Specifically the medi one base line with a couple added things for root health and because I have enjoyed their products and watched them work wonders for my brother when I gifted him some as well. Going forward I will be using stepwell for the top third of my container and sunshine number 4 right now as my store was out of the promix HP i am comfortable with. She has had great and quick growth sprouted in the cup soaking and been good since. Couple days younger but has caught up and maybe passed suzie Cubed.
    Day 3
    Screenshot_20210126_230414_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 6
    Screenshot_20210126_230425_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Introducing Big Shoots a six shooter from Fastbuds
    This one got her name because of the six shooter obviously but mostly because me and the old lady been watching way too much Letterkenny lately. This is my first foray into dwc. Having a hard time keeping water as cool as I am supposed to but I use root builder and for now it's helping and is supposed to be similar to what @Mañ'O'Green suggested for helping prevent root rot. I'm dialing it in by the day. Following his thread to help me. Ec is under 300 but approaching with the pH adjustment through the day. Which I am mixing my pH down into a bit of water and adding that instead of right into the res like I started to do. PH I am keeping from 5.7 to 6.1 adjusting when needed. Plant is ahead of any other one I have as old.
    Day 5
    Screenshot_20210126_231440_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I put the germinated bean into soaked and pH adjusted rockwool till tap came out while water was bubbling away trying to stabilise pH ahead of time. Going to have to make another pail up and bubble it for a day or so before changing out nutrients.
    Panamama, Panama haze by Canadian Autoflower
    I have ran this one before so I have big expectations as I know what it can do and I loved the smoke last time. Nice sativa high. Produced well when I ran it last. Her she is.
    Day 3
    Screenshot_20210126_232315_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

She isn't the newest addition to the auto roster though and I should've mentioned I went with top 3rd stepwell and the rest sunshine with this one. Trying this alongside stepwell only to see if I can get the benefits but reduce costs some and allow me more control on when I feed and how much. So last but not least in the autos is.......
    Toots, Sweet Tooth tester from Canadian Autoflower
    Girlfriend named this one play on the letters in tooth and what some people used to call their girlfriend back in the days. I will have to ask the genetics on this one as I forgot to ask. Just a baby but she is coming along. I have a third tester strain from Canadian Autoflower, Northern Bear set to soak so we will see her soon too. I am out of photos though so next thread reply will be her pictures. I will also post the one photo baby I have going then that's all until Frosty Friday and I can just enjoy everyone else's work in the meantime.

Frost Friday's update January 29th 2021
  • Well Friday update time things are moving along I just want to get through soke of these ones and start fresh. I think some of the readings I have been getting are due to my fabric pots not getting washed thoroughly. Oh well most of the new means are in new fabric pots im going to use industrial washer next time. Not gonna stress though, one percent better everyday.
    Terri Fox Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    The plant is bulking up more then I thought it would at this point. I kinda thought it was maturing and was going to be the fastest auto I've had yet it may still be but it has a bit more to go but the trichomes are thick and the purple is coming into it. It smells like a grape jolly rancher so I am itching to try it out but patience is a virtue.
    Day 44
    Screenshot_20210129_182255_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210129_182304_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 45
    Screenshot_20210129_182332_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Fitzella Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    She is coming along ok have it like 20% nutes and it responded well. Kinda what made me think about the fabric pots need to be washed better next time I bought another 12 fabric pots and am using them so I shouldn't have wild readings any more.
    Day 38

Day 40
    screenshot_20210129_183154_com-unlogical-jane-jpg.1281765

Holly Fugue state bred by Mephisto Genetics
    She isnt doing quite as well as I would like. I have bad water in my house but I think since my fabric pots maybe weren't washed well enough so I may not be able to get accurate readings and I'm going to still keep an eye on the reading but also my eyes and the plant until I am just I new or properly washed pots and I don't have to worry about that affecting my readings. Also as soon as I can get to my hydro store im getting some coco and going at some solo cups and doing some bigger ones in coco as well. If everything goes well I'll be running soilless, coco and dwc all in my dwc and perpetual run. Should give me an idea of what I am wan a stick with or if I wanna keep doing different mediums. Anyways enough ramblings here's the snaps of her.
    Day 30
    Screenshot_20210129_202152_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Eve, Livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
    For whatever reason this one has remained fairly happy throughout maybe I just realised the state of my tap water at this point who's to say she started shooting pistils and stretching a bit satellites are all catching up if I had things better throughout would've been nice to see what it could be. It might be one I am going to run soon in dwc or coco as well. Don't know we will see how it smoked I guess. Doing some leaf tucking and opening her up with staples a bit she seems to like it, anyways here she is.
    Day 22
    Screenshot_20210129_203547_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 23
    Screenshot_20210129_203556_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics
    She was struggling a bit or had some sort of strange happening that seems to have resulted in it splitting into two tops :paleo:oh well I'm not upset see how she turns out now got the lightest bit of a feed for her first time and that seems to have jump started growth a bit and gave her a nicer color of green.
    Day 17
    Screenshot_20210129_204438_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie cubed, strawberry stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics
    She is still just a little thing coming along slowly not very tall at all but that's OK still time yet for that to change some.
    Day 12
    Screenshot_20210129_205025_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Black widow, Hulk smash tester from Canadian Autoflower
    This one shot out of the gates and never looked back from popping like 6 hours into a soak it felt like to now its rushing along I'm impressed and excited to see how it turns out. Happy as of now anyways.
    Day 9
    Screenshot_20210129_205129_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big Shoots, six shooter from Fastbuds
    She is common along swimmingly I really like how quick things are moving and how the plant has responded plus checking on on water temps and pH and ec keeps me busy and occupied. This is my first go round with it but I'll likely do it forever at least a little bit of what I'm doing at a time anyway.
    Day 7
    Screenshot_20210129_205706_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Panamama, bred by Canadian Autoflower
    This girl is doing good not quite as fast as big shoots in dwc but popped same time and doing OK. She just a baby still.
    Day 6
    Screenshot_20210129_210441_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toots, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower
    She is coming along ok, she had some helmet head which I helped remove but she's off now.
    Day 5
    Screenshot_20210129_211257_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie Tsc, Grape Topanga x skittlez cake bred by Jungle boys.
    The lone photo I am going to journal for now. Plans have changed though and I may do a journal for the flowering of the 4 larger photos I have as my girl wasn't happy with what we received in return with the other guy we were working with so I am now going to be setting up a 5x3 to run a scrog to flower.
    Here is pics of the little one.
    Day 6
    Screenshot_20210129_211833_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    that's all for now Northern bear tester Poking her head up through the surface now so her journal will start shortly after her Cotys open up. Not sure what I'll start next after that. I am thinking a golden nuggets from Canadian Autoflower as I have done it before and it was maybe my favourite from them.
    ONE LAST THING!!!
    Screenshot_20210129_212352_com.android.chrome.jpg

I was just wondering what anyone thoughts are on here about these only like less then 5 bucks a piece and they are local in every other way I support local when I can. So I figure why not with genetics, worth a shot no? Also they are regular autos which is nice if I wanna breed but more important to me is the male in this line being frost dragon from here I kinda looked it up on site seems it was a couple years ago it was being played with. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about it. I have a good idea where all the dragon strains originated but I'm not sure if this is someone else's work (frost dragon) either way I want to try it out and journal it here if I do just looking for some opinions and information on where the strain originated (frost dragon) and anything else about it I could thanks for your time and for stopping by and checking things out. Things will be getting better soon for me and I am excited to share it with this community I value so greatly. Thanks again I appreciate it. :toke: :cheers::joy::growing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129_183154_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
      Screenshot_20210129_183154_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
      753.1 KB · Views: 121
    Terpene/Trichome Tuesday February 2nd 2021
  • Here's the Tuesday update. I decided I am likely just to do a full update of things on Tuesday and forego Friday instalments. I will do random updates in between perhaps but once a week for a full update seems like enough to document and not annoy everyone. Been an interesting week for sure so much I am learning and need to learn it never stops. Perpetually progressing towards perfection I will never get to perfection but I will likely never stop growing and ill never stop learning. As usual I start with the ones closest to chop so you don't have to skim through what you don't wanna see if you like trich pics and such.
    Terri Fox, Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    She is bulking up nicely now on her and the trichs are getting milky and thick. I am impressed with the thickness of trichs and the scent is not only grape jolly rancher but artificial grape and funk now im stoked and when it's dry and ready I am going to be stoned :baked:.
    Day 49
    Screenshot_20210202_171459_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    IMG_20210202_162619_235.jpg
    IMG_20210201_185657.jpg

Fitzella, Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    She finally got a little food after trying to sort out the root zone. She really liked it and greened up some. I am looking forward to being able to keep a more regular feeding schedule again. Going to keep it as short as I can this week.
    Day 43
    Screenshot_20210202_172325_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210202_172341_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Holly, Fugue state bred by Mephisto Genetics
    She is still probably hungry at this point but got a very light feeding and loved it been training out well now she's pom poming pretty good here she is fldsyb
    Day 36
    Screenshot_20210202_172855_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Eve,Livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
    Honestly didn't think she was going to stretch as much as she did but she took off. I opened it up a bit but no real hard lst or anything.
    Day 27
    Screenshot_20210202_175506_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, Sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This girl was a little strange out the gate and then apparently topped herself somewhere along the way and now has 2 or 3 tops still not very large but kinda cool nonetheless how it mutated or adapted if you prefer that term.
    Day 22
    Screenshot_20210202_175643_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie Cubed, strawberry stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This girl has been smaller and slowish but she is coming along and is healthy enough she will likely appreciate a feed when water time comes up next for her.
    Day 16
    Screenshot_20210202_180324_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

This girl is a stud she has taken off from the start and more or less kept pace with the dwc I have going. Dwc stumbled a bit first time doing it and had likely a bit much water in the res and other stressors but it's still moving along and is more or less and experiment for me anyways. But the hulk smash is just doing great and I always wanted to try a sour stomper cross this will be my first.
    Day 14
    (the way my app is I have days of germination they count on the days so its more like 12 but whatever)
    Screenshot_20210202_180944_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big Shoots, Six shooter from Fastbuds first dwc attempt
    She was doing great roots reaching out touching water already but 8 may have had the res to high after last pH adjustment and it swung pretty good over night stressed it out. I put on the better air pump removed some from the res got a better water level added a bit of uc roots from current culture and it seems to be bouncing back pretty good outside of the time it went lower to like 5 which is likely the main cause of stress I have left it swing from 5.7 to 6.3 tops and bottom of what it's been too. It tends to stay closer to 6.1 after about 4 or 5 days in the pail but I still will bring it down and let it climb back to that. I have the ec written down and will have to check it again to see if i should consider making a new solution but it does seem happier then when these pics were taken that I'll update on its own likely mid week or take it to the infirmary if problems persist.
    Day 12 (prayed until this day more or less)
    Screenshot_20210202_181121_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202_181136_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Panamama, Panama haze from Canadian Autoflower
    This girl is doing OK I have grown it before and am hoping to get as big a plant and maybe even better smoke than the first times my brother or I ran it and I really liked it then as I recall. Here is the little girl.
    Day 11
    Screenshot_20210202_182127_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toot, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower
    This girl I am excited for and need to ask the genetics on but she is coming out happy and healthy so far and just water with most of these little ones especially the ones in stepwell "super soil" soilless medium. Which I must say I like. Mostly so far no real complaints.
    Day 10
    Screenshot_20210202_182634_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie TSC, Grape topanga x skittlez cake by Jungle boys
    This is a photoperiod but I'm excited to grow it into a mother clip it for genetics if it's solid as I expect and maybe make seeds on some of the clones we will see. Thoughts I'm having potentially anyways. Just got up potted last night seems to be taking to it well roots were already shooting out the bottom of the starter pot it was in to begin with.
    Day 11
    Screenshot_20210202_182804_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Well that's pretty much it for now anyways. I will be back to post soon I'm sure and will be watching many a thread on here I'll leave this off with a pic of my over cluttered tent which is going to be less cluttered soon as I guess I am now finishing these photos which means I break out the 5x3 and go to work wish I hadve known earlier would've started more autos and flowered them by now. Oh well they had lockout issue because of water and are coming back strong now and will fill that tent nicely. Couple sour diesel and orange creamsicle and a personal cross I have that is leaning more towards its Mac side which always has a wider different looking leaf although its still not peak healthy at this point. Anyways happy growing and godspeed turning seeds to trees. :toke::cheers::joy::growing:
    Edit***I already had 15 pics the pic will have its own post below. Cheers.

Terpene/Trichome Tuesday February 9th 2021
  • Let's get right into it been slacking on my photos and documentation a bit but things are still rolling along and I snapped some pics today so I could post an update.
    Terri Fox, double grape x grape walker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower *chopped*
    After all the troubles I encountered during this run she still pulled through healthy frosty and terpy which is a near miracle. I'll post a couple photos but I need to take some better up close shots.
    Day 56
    IMG_20210209_015621.jpg

I'll take better ones just rushed with this girl today almost forgot she was hanging out.
    Fitzella double grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    She is coming along nicely considering and is bulking and frosting up nice with the same funky fuel and artificial grape combo for a nose on it.
    Day 51
    Screenshot_20210209_211450_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Holly, Fugue state by Mephisto Genetics
    Despite the fact that they suffered at my hand. Its still doing well looks like it could maybe have had more nitrogen as I don't like the lack of green but I've had such strange numbers in checking runoff as the fabric pots weren't cleaned well enough and definitely had a lot of salt build up. Oh well better next time definitely want to do this one again though as I'm sure I could make a beast out of it if I treat her right
    Day 43
    Screenshot_20210209_212127_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Next update will have better pics of everything. I apologise for the lack of quality this round.
    Eve, livers bx1 by Mephisto Genetics
    Doing OK nicer green then Holly but not much bigger plant didn't top this girl. With the exception of the couple that didn't have all fresh soil and things I'm close to back to where I want to be and was before I started stumbling and tripping the girls up
    Day 35
    Screenshot_20210209_212720_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, sour gummy bears by Mephisto Genetics
    She had some issues early on and topped herself cute little thing I will be excited to do better with her but I'm going to coax it across the finish line regardless of size. Running old soil and pots only thing extra is the beans and you get extra from ordering direct so not the loss it mightve been otherwise.
    Day 29
    Screenshot_20210209_213210_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie Cubed, strawberry stomper by Mephisto Genetics
    This girl has never really taken off it never had the chance it should've so when I do it again I'll look for redemption.
    Day 23
    Screenshot_20210209_213350_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

This girl is currently on of my favourites I've ever done photo or auto so far. I thought about topping it or training it but it's been growing so well and symmetrical I have done nothing and am just going to let it grow naturally.
    Day 21
    Screenshot_20210209_214532_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big shoots, six shooter from fastbuds
    This is my first foray into dwc or anything outside of soil and soilless mediums. It's been a ride trying to get things just the way I want them to be but outside of one large swing I've just let it slowly move from like 5.7 5.8 to 6.3 max. Res temp is around 19.5 usually ranges a little. Left the rough looking leaves on as a reminder to be better.
    Day 19
    Screenshot_20210209_221201_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Here she is at "sun up" I have my two halves of the tent offset by 15 minutes to not have a huge surge of power at once and there's sun up and sun down in nature so I figured what could it hurt. I'll show after all the plants are updated what the tent looks like now that the photos are out of my way and at sun up and sun down times.
    This girl is coming along nicely she didn't get all new soil just fresh on the top layers as the pot was halfway filled before hand might be why it's not doing quite as good as my sweet tooth or hulk smash.
    Day 18
    Screenshot_20210209_221907_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toots, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower
    This girl is doing great she was a little slower then hulk smash but she is doing excellent love her deep green back to what I want to be seeing and am used to. When things aren't going right it's stressful as anything to me, I'm glad I mostly figured out the cause though and I'm proceeding much differently even though I've removed the main obstacle which was absurdly hard water and bad water.
    Day 17
    Screenshot_20210209_222439_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie tsc, grape topanga x skittlez cake by Jungle boyz
    My only photo girl in the auto factory right now so excited to have these genetics my brother blessed me with. Going to eventually be bedding this one I think definitely she will become a mother I think. Just up potted her last night so she's not as happy as she has been but she's growing as fast as the autos.
    Day 18
    Screenshot_20210209_225942_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Queen Eleanor, Northern Bear tester from Canadian Autoflower
    The name is from the movie brave I gather the mother is a Bear at some point???.... My girlfriend named it but if its a girl bear good enough. Here she is three days in. I use all 5 gallon fabric pots with either 2 gallons of sunshine 4 or promix HP with the amount that makes up the rest of the pot with stepwell super soil. I like the product but I am irked by the name as its not even soil its peat based soilless medium which I like but its not soil nevermind "super soil" if it was "super peat or potting mix" it wouldn't fddl like false advertising to me. I knew what it was and wanted it I wasn't deceived but I feel like people could be by it. My plants have done better in the stepwell then promix HP or sunshine 4 alone even with not feeding in the stepwell and to very lightly feed the promix HP with 10 to 20 percent first week strength organic nutrients I won't be feeding the ones in stepwell until about first sign of sex then maybe flower schedule as it won't be amended enough to last a full cycle. Anyways here she is on day 3 Queen Eleanor
    Day 3
    Screenshot_20210209_230402_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I know it says 5 days but I didn't put it in my app and I added the germination period which it counts as days apparently.
    Blanche, Gold Nuggets by Canadian Autoflower
    This is sadly the last one of these I had and it wasn't stored well but that hasn't mattered it was Soaked and popped just fine and is now up out of the soil with a deep rich green. The plants do like the stepwell more then the promix or sunshine by a lot but it's much more expensive and by the time the ammendments in it have run low or out I'll be feeding organic based nutrient line anyways so the layers of similar medium work for me. I'm sad this is my last one as its not available on site right now at Canadian Autoflower and I have done this one and so has my brother and it was previously my favourite out of the ones I bought from Canadian Autoflower. Which im going to post abbreviated posts in the review thread of all his strains as well so it's all in one place and even with my poor round of growing in the redemption rounds I'll show that the genetics are solid and enjoyable as they have shown me to be before when I grew them out. Anyways enough nonsense here she is.
    Day 1 (says 2 but it's because it recorded germination on my app)
    Screenshot_20210209_230621_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!!! I appreciate it and any advice or comments you want to leave.
    Going to leave off with pics of "sun up & sun down" in the tent when the lights are only part way on. The offset is mostly to not have giant power surge at once but also kinda makes a mini sunrise and set. Here is my perpetual auto factory now that I got the photos out of my way, to make space and so so I can baby and flower them right in my 5 x 3. Which maybe I'll document here after all wasn't going to but I like to journal and I feel at home in this community.
    Sun up I missed one of the lights in this pic but I'll redo it next week when the empty ones temp adjusting in there have more mephisto beans in them.
    Screenshot_20210209_233628_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Sun down
    IMG_20210209_130025.jpg

Thats my auto space less cluttered without my photos in there way less stressful and easier to work with and have all my zones of the tent be where I want them to be. Vpd oddly enough been easier to control since they've been gone too only couple days mind you. Anyways no room for pics of the photo tent in this thread anyways so maybe later anyways thanks again for looking.

5x3 photo scrog.
  • Wasn't going to be flowering these and they suffered a little from bad water and probably under feeding in hindsight seeing as they are photos and the readings were effected by fabric pots only being hand washed a bit before re use. But they are coming back now they are getting food and ill flip them over once I get another timer to run the fans so I can keep temps nice in dark time and still have enough air flow. First pic is empty tent next two are after I put net in it was 4 am so I didn't finish pulling it out but did the pre work if you will still need to defoliate some when they are a bit healthier for the first week of flower. I defoliate 1st and 3rd weeks of flower when I scrog photos. Going to add a mini journal of my brothers tent here as well since I had those plants for half their lives and one is one of mine and my brothers crosses and one is a sour diesel. I have one orange creamsicle, two sour diesel from cropking my friend bought me years ago and the cross we each have is of a MAC x Ice cream cake #11 pheno from an acmpr grower the icc 11 was amazing I should never have let that strain go but I have and I will forever kick myself unless one of these crosses surpasses it. I backbred it to itself and sugar cane, smintz and a cali og x Thai Cross from cropking as well the sugar cane and smintz or from acmpr growers. So I have high hopes. I also just saw a insta post from rocbudinc with a mac cross and his has characteristics like mine has had and the original kinda had so if he finds the quality he finds with max crosses that sometimes look funky maybe I'll get lucky too. Smintz and icc is the one I most look forward to though or the sugar cane I'll do them later this year maybe probably couple outside. Here's an empty tent and then the other two pics better pics to come
    IMG_20210207_064339.jpg

IMG_20210209_031057.jpg

IMG_20210209_031038.jpg

Still rough not really pulled down and out yet but maybe tonight. **note my garden tie bungee solution for the fan and the scrog around it. That's close to top level Jimmy riggin for me right there lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_031038.jpg
      IMG_20210209_031038.jpg
      6.1 MB · Views: 27
    Trichome Tuesday February 16th, 2021
  • Another week mostly good stuff some of the holdover from the lousy water and not monitoring period still surviving but not thriving like everything after that period.
    Fitzella, double grape x grape walker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
    She is drying in the dark space now. Has a more gassy scent but still has some of that sweet and sour grapeyness. I have sampled her sister and was impressed with the density trichomes and terpene profile. Have two more when I run them in better soil and water situation I am excited to see what she can do again.
    Day 54
    Screenshot_20210216_222453_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216_222419_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

The last one is day 55 she's hanging out now
    Holly, Fugue state by Mephisto Genetics
    One of the final group fighting through the effect of high ec water. She's half way through flower and is pretty frosty definitely going to run this strain again for redemption soon.
    Screenshot_20210216_222744_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210216_222733_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Eve, Livers bx1 by Mephisto Genetics
    Another hold out from the "bad time" she's is pom pomming right now and is frosting and fattening up fighting through the conditions the water created.
    Day 42
    Screenshot_20210216_223607_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, sour gummy bears by Mephisto Genetics
    This is one of the hardest hit by the high ec water situation it was only young when all that started I think it had partially used soil this one and the girl after. Suzie Cubed.
    Day 36
    Screenshot_20210216_223755_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie Cubed, Sour stomper by Mephisto Genetics
    Another of the most stunted by high ec water.
    Day 30
    Screenshot_20210216_224423_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Black Widow, tester from Canadian Autoflower
    This is in the new period with better water this one has better soil as well and it is showing. The plant has been a beast since day 1 so happy to have been able to run this. Thanks @canadian_autoflower I will put more pictures up and document this one fully here or maybe in the review area. This and the sweet tooth. The hulk smash is just starting to preflower can't wait to watch her finish.
    Day 28
    Screenshot_20210216_224657_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

She is symmetrical and has had no training I opened her up a bit today but its just because I want the best for this girl and she is happy so training her a little seems right.
    Big shoots, Six shooter by Fastbuds
    This is my first dwc, couple early hiccups but going along steady now. Removed the top feed the other day as the roots are going nuts
    Day 26
    Screenshot_20210216_225402_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Just did a res change pH was 5.8 I let it drift a bit before adjusting as its advice I've taken from MoG and the plants seem to like it more then holding one ph and it means the ec and ppm stay lower as I don't need to use as much up or down.
    Panamama, Panama haze from Canadian Autoflower
    The last one to not get any stepwell and never again it just makes things easy until I see they start needing food and then I will feed my organic nutrient line so it will be as clean as possible. I may buy more of these as I did then before and loved it and this time its not the same as every other time u have done it. It's still doing OK in lousy part used soil I think.
    Day 25
    Screenshot_20210216_230118_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie TSC, Grape topanga x skittlez cake
    She is happy getting a little training going to uppot in a week or two. Into more stepwell I think.
    Day 23
    Screenshot_20210216_230913_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toots, Sweet Tooth tester from Canadian Autoflower
    Another tester another pleasure to grow, just starting to flower stretching and just happy.
    Day 24
    Screenshot_20210216_231308_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Queen Eleanor, Northern Bear tester from Canadian Autoflower
    She is happy and going well im happy with her early growth.
    Day 10
    Screenshot_20210216_231432_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Blanche, Gold Nuggets from Canadian Autoflower
    This one was my favourite of them all when I grew out all my Canadian Autoflower and original Mephisto beans so I am hoping this one goes just as well and I believe with the new knowledge I have gained from @Mañ'O'Green threads on nutrients and I now adjust my ph to 6.3 for my peat based soil less made a big difference just that alone so I apologise for the tag I just wanted to express gratitude for the information and help.
    Day 8
    Screenshot_20210216_232245_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Nita, Grizzly Crinkle by Mephisto Genetics
    This girl I am excited about after I saw @St. Tom do a crinkle strain in a solo cup that blew my mind. My girlfriend names them and this is another Disney grizzly I gather or something to that effect. Here she is the start of her life well in the next entry no more photos for this one I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216_232245_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
      Screenshot_20210216_232245_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 22
    Terpene/Trichome Tuesday February 23rd 2021
  • Alright another Tuesday update. Getting hard to not update more but I am at a intersection of bad water effected soil for some poor suffering girls and the other which are doing what I have come to expect from myself previous to all my self caused disasters. But I am glad they happened which is why I haven't culled anything its a reminder to stay vigilant and since I want to continue to grow myself as a person and grower I am thankful all the bad stuff happened when it did and was fixable. Also I am grateful and thankful for this community beyond words express adequately thank you all especially the moderators and ones running the site and doing so much more diagnosing in the infirmary and everything else. :bow:  alright let's get into it then shall we. Probably going to be multiple posts as some plants deserve more than one pic right now so 15 won't do all these girls but that's OK as I have A Lot to post anyways.
    Instead of just by age, the way I would usually do it im going to go by the bad water stressed ones then the inexperienced dwc grower (that's me) stressed ones..... Then in to the new era and what this thread should expect going forward the Stepwell has exceeded my expectations and @Mañ'O'Green threads on nutrients has made little and big tweaks to everything that are paying off significantly even without me having had to feed any stepwell plants yet. So without any further ado and blah blah let's actually get some pics up and do this. :joy:
    Holly, fugue state bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This is the oldest of the "bad water bunch" she is still chunking and frosting up despite being deficient and locked out all at once. Lessons learnt I'll never neglect my ec pen again however I also went out and bought an r o water plan until the r o system in my house is fixed. I'd rather pay for the water then "pay for it" through stressing my plants and in turn myself.
    Day 57
    Screenshot_20210223_193012_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210223_192952_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Eve, livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
    This lady fought hard and was Hardy despite conditions but its not going to be what it will be when I do my redemption rounds of all these soon and I'll do side by sides as key points to remind myself of the journey.
    Day 49
    Screenshot_20210223_193720_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210223_193710_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I feel like these plants all might look bad on mephisto but it's not them at all let that be clear I butchered these things on certain very important fronts I have always had way better experiences with them before. Just so no one is questioning that element of these couple plants. Wait for the redemption runs and I'll show you what I thought I was going to do with them this time lol
    Day 43
    Screenshot_20210223_200559_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    poor little thing fighting and surviving
    Another girl who got stunted by bad water and soil another one still fighting that I will redeem shortly into the future.
    Day 37
    Screenshot_20210223_201840_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

This one bothers me most because I don't have anymore of it and I've ran it before and know how much I like it so to have put it in used peat because it caught me off guard how fast it germinated is just dissatisfaction in its purest form on my behalf. It never had a chance to be what it had been and because its my first time documenting growing it live that's a major disappointment. Anyways she is in the starts of preflower or a little bit in it seems to be having a hard time taking in nutrients and is "thirsty" looking when it's not dry or over watered. Here she is though chugging along anyways despite the anchors I tried to weigh her down with to begin with.
    Day 32
    Screenshot_20210223_203157_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big Shoots, Six shooter from Fastbuds
    First go round at the dwc twice I have been outside of the sweet zone 5.7-6.3 once early and once more recently its amazing to see to me anyways how quick it effects foliage and also how little it can effect things if caught in time. Many things I would do differs t and better with dwc when I run it again soonish.
    Day 33
    Screenshot_20210223_203736_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223_203935_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I'm going to post some of the photo tent stuff here too so I have more pics for the next entry which is all the stuff that's how I was accustomed too or better with the addition of stepwell instead of just promix.
    Photo tent scrog
    IMG_20210218_232743.jpg
    IMG_20210218_232747.jpg
    IMG_20210218_232751.jpg

The first one is the Mac x ice cream cake the second are too hard to separate in pictures but are the orange creamsicle closer to the mac and then two sour diesel.
    My brothers photos scrog
    Haven't seen these in person for a bit but they look nice and apparently they stank now as a watering will make the whole house smell dank
    IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2308.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg

I wasn't able to get the close up of the diesel in this reply maybe at the end of the next one as he's supposed to send me fresh pics today. Thanks for popping in and checking things out drop any comments or advice you see fit all and everyone are more then welcome.
    :joy: :toke::cheers::growing:

Terpene/Trichome Thursday March 11th
  • Since I have been busy I have taken down eve and holly both. They didn't produce too much but I attribute that to poor soil and water quality issues. I have gotten past. I have already given most of both away but got about one jar each.
    Here the fugue state and the livers respectively
    IMG_20210311_131114.jpg
    IMG_20210311_131202.jpg

I'm going to do this entry more like last time in the troubled with soil or water plants then everyone else so I can put a couple more pics in maybe. I'll start out with the most stunted little runts.
    I don't even know how these couple made it though that's why I didn't cull them although the space they are taking up is killing me lol they've fought this long they deserve to finish. Here she is.
    Screenshot_20210311_132121_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311_132116_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

These things are a reminder in ways of the quality of mephisto as they are resinous as anything and they shouldn't even be alive by rights.
    Screenshot_20210311_132127_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

This one chaps my ass a little only because I really liked this strain and I didn't put fresh soil in its container not the new stuff I'm using anyways and it got a bit of the bad water combined it just didn't let it perform like every other one I did which did well but if the smoke is like the others it will be ok. Mini xmas tree this one
    Screenshot_20210311_132132_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big shoots, six shooter from Fastbuds
    This is my first dwc and I just haven't been able to deal with it the way I want just due to how much else is going on in my spaces. I can't access it to check it the way I want and honestly the results with the stepwell have been so good I don't see a reason to do dwc again or even coco until I can dedicate a space to it and an entireine of dedicated nutrients but all in all its not too bad considering the struggles I have had from time to time during this grow. I recommend dwc still it's easy enough I would just invest in a more dedicated line and space to monitor things better.
    Screenshot_20210311_133144_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie tsc, grape topanga x skittlez cake by Jungle boys
    This thing has been a treat she is in her final home a 7 gallon fabric pot and will in a couple weeks once he's done with the diesel and macxicc cross my bro will be flowering her. I have taken some clippings and will maybe take a couple more going to reverse one and make beans some s1 to keep the line alive for me. Maybe I male another mom but likely I just flower all the cutting some for seeds some for flower separate setups obviously going to be doing this a lot now as I've been lucky enough to hook up with some Canadian breeders doing interesting unique fire projects so I'll be running some of all that and breeding in a number of ways if I can just get one nice resinous male of something nice I will collect pollen. Going this way from here on out I think anyways,wish me luck, I may need it lol. I still have to pull her out again after transplant I usually wait a couple days. Anyways less type more pics.
    Screenshot_20210311_134054_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311_134046_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311_134040_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Heres a pic of the auto space to get an idea of why I want these little ones to finish up soon so I can start more.
    IMG_20210309_093603.jpg

Of the 4x8 4x6ish is packed with lush growth then there's the stunted bunch and babies. Just hard to take when a flowering plant isnt much bigger then your 3 week old photo baby. Going to leave off with pics after I did the only full defoliation my photo scrog is going to get I didn't like how my cross was acting so I took it out. Might have been ok but was behind everyone else and there wasn't the space to waste on it. So below to finish off this post is the photo scrog space.
    From right to left first two are sour dieselasy is orange creamsicle.
    IMG_20210309_024138.jpg
    IMG_20210309_024142.jpg
    IMG_20210309_024147.jpg

Terpene/Trichome Tuesday March 16th 2021
  • Just a quick one if the 5x3 photo scrog, it being locked away in a basement room I don't get to check in on it as much which is probably a blessing. Temps are close to ideal. Gets up to about 26 with lights on stays there through the day period and drops to 19.5 or so celsius I have a good idea of water schedule so I am on that got Ph in line at 6.3 after MoG thread on nutrients that educated me and just tweaked and improved things significantly one little piece of knowledge can change everything. I appreciate the knowledge I have gained here whether it be from @Mossy and the songs she posts or @420Forever metal buffet I have been introduced to many new things that have enhanced my life and I appreciate it and everyone here very greatly. I just tagged as I wanted to say again I appreciate it I hope it isn't a bother. Below in this post is just going to be the photo flower tent get that out of the way first and post the rest of what I have going on shortly after. They all have some fat white pistils coming in but the orange creamsicle trichs are much thicker at this point excited to see where they go from here and how they finish up still a good month and a half or so now. Left to right pics to begin with then some closer of the diesel last two are the creamsicle and then some outside shots. Anyway thanks to anyone who checks in comments or contributes here in anyway, especially the people running the place keeping things together I sincerely appreciate you.:toke::cheers::headbang::joy:
    IMG_20210315_000222.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000253.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000257.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000147.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000141.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000138.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000123.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000105.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000054.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000039.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000031.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000016.jpg
    IMG_20210315_000002.jpg

Terpene/Trichome Tuesday March 23rd 2021
  • Well another week seems like it came and went pretty quickly. Always seems to be something between the couple tents going now and the plans for breeding little sea of green photo tent getting put into action and trying to plan for a big outdoor year. Keeps me busy which is for the better because "idle hands get into devil's work" which for me likely means buying seeds I don't need, well define Need lol. Anyways its going to take a number of posts to do this and I'm never really sure the best way to organise things I am still planning on going back at some point and making detailed blogs for some of the individual plants but we will see how that goes. Going to just start out I think with my brothers tent with the sour diesel and our mac x icc Cross which the plant looks amazing and the nose on it is brilliant but I wouldn't say the cross has been a success so far as of the two we've ran I culled one due to it not really flowering the way I wanted and I wasn't going to have it ruin the whole flower tent. Probably put my own photo tent pics in and maybe the last of the dwarf plants I stunted that are turning stunted in stunning in small ways with their trichs but I am going to run both of the ones I did a disservice to again after I am done with any grow and shows that I'm going to be in. Got two beans about ready to go into their homes soon to probably won't post that this week though or maybe a short update later as one or both or the toof decay or mbap x 3bog are going into a solo to get a bit of pradtice in ahead of the solo cup competitions. Enough of my yammering on for now into the pictures. Starting with my brothers tent. The darker plant is the Mac x ice cream cake cross.
    IMG_20210322_151815.jpg
    IMG_20210322_151834.jpg
    IMG_20210322_152224.jpg
    IMG_20210322_151846.jpg
    IMG_20210322_151859.jpg

This is going to be goooood smoke.
    Photo scrog (2 sour diesel, orange creamsicle)
    In this tent the creamsicle is the one with the most purple in it. Temps have been nice in here which it's nice to not have to adjust anything and just have it work out for once so much less stressful just fertigate and irrigate when it's time and that's about it let the plants do their thing.
    IMG_20210323_033549.jpg
    IMG_20210323_033555.jpg
    IMG_20210323_033512.jpg
    IMG_20210323_033510.jpg
    IMG_20210323_033518.jpg
    IMG_20210323_033521.jpg
    IMG_20210323_033537.jpg

Well that's those pieces out of the way for a minute. I will get to posting the other stuff after lunch time here, gotta whip the kiddies up some grub. As always thanks for popping in looking or commenting I really appreciate it.

Back