Need advice/opinions on lighting for a 3x3 tent

they suggest HLG
View attachment 1479967
Yeah Groplanner jumped in price but on Hyperlite site they have a sale right now both types wi-fi or dimmer 89 bucks
Yeah I was all set when I saw that they were $69.99 just the other day but they went up quick. Unless I find a good deal on something else, I may sit tight and see if they come down or go on sale.

I have a 3x3 and run a 150w qb and 4 50w cob from timber. I bought 3 hlg panel's for a diy build. Like you I found I could get a board off Amazon for less than the cost of the driver. I just snagged a 240w board with 301b chips for 65 bucks on sale,can't beat that. Surface mounted diodes are easily identified by shape. Maybe they aren't top bin chips, I know my plants love it. Sales going on all the time. I believe the rule of thumb is 50w per square foot.
For top bin QB's and other high efficiency LED's I thought the number was closer to 35 per sq foot than 50. 50 is the HOTTEST that I have senn for HLG and that was for their 200 Diablo. Realistically, that light would probably work just as well in a 2 x 3 or 2.5 x 2.5 tent. Dealers sell 2 x 2 tents and even 2 x 2.5 gorilla lites with the HLG 100. For a 3 x 3, the two HLG 100's seem a tad weak, but two HLG 135's would be just fine. I have a Niemi 130w (top bin HLG clone) and was planning to add the HLG 200 for a 1 meter by 1 meter BudBox. But that 200w light is no more and I would have to run down the parts and build one, so I might use the new HLG 150 instead. It has red and blue diodes. That board looks like it will be their new 288 size model.

If you have cash to burn get a bar light the spread is so much better than qb
I have been looking at mars hydros fc-3000 or fc-e3000, but I need a really good sale to get one in my budget. What do you think of either of these? The spectrum difference had me looking harder at the fc-3000 more than the bridgelux version but honestly idk much

Love my FC-E 4800 and does great in a 4x4. I thought it would be underpowered for that space but it is not. So the 3000 should do well in a 3x3… but price is a factor….

I have been looking at mars hydros fc-3000 or fc-e3000, but I need a really good sale to get one in my budget. What do you think of either of these? The spectrum difference had me looking harder at the fc-3000 more than the bridgelux version but honestly idk much
just released review

Love my FC-E 4800 and does great in a 4x4. I thought it would be underpowered for that space but it is not. So the 3000 should do well in a 3x3… but price is a factor….
Same here

Attachments

• 20220628_184324.jpg
    20220628_184324.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
Back