I'm going to buy some stuff to prototype an irrigation system (1 plant for now) that employs underground sensors which will allow me to automate this whole 'mad' thing I've been muttering about recently... So basically what I do is keep my plants evenly moist for their entire life... Never wet, never dry... just moist... and I spray/atomize super oxygenated ground water and food on the ground... all the stuff below will automate this for me (theoretically) and other than load a nutrition bucket once and a while it's set and forget it...

Underground moisture sensor and monitor tells...
View attachment 463490
the irrigation controller to turn on the pump and open a valve...
View attachment 463492
by sending a signal to the pump relay switch that turns on the pump...
View attachment 463491
and the electronic valve body that opens the valve...
View attachment 463493
that sends water or water and food to the 'frame jet' sprayer which sprays the liquid on the ground...
View attachment 463494
And when the sensor senses enough water... the whole thing turns off... until the sensor says "I'm thirsty" again...

Pretty cool... The parts above are $210 / free shipping. I'll get the pump and tubing, etc. at home depot so probably $100 more... My electrician gets high so I barter for that 'weed for work'...

If it work... I'll expand it in different configurations... This should keep me busy for a while....
RS​
Best electrician ever. Another interesting project. :pop:

I started bending the Hubbabubbasmelloscope (HBSS) to fit my 4 plant, inward-facing large tent configuration... although this time it's going to be a little different because opposite them will not be two more 'standard' plants, rather a White Train in a bag and the conjoined HBSS which is being LST'd... So 21 plus days is the time to bend these little suckers... and accidentally supercrop a branch or two... lol

Hubbabubbasmelloscope - #1, #2 and Twotwoheadsheadsarearebetterbetterthanthanoneoneanyanydayday - DOB 6-9
Photo Jul 01, 3 42 31 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 02, 12 53 35 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 02, 12 54 21 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 02, 12 54 38 PM.jpg

I've also removed bottom leaves and two lowermost branches... Makes plant care much easier and nothing will come of those puny branches anyway... they're resource hogs... cut them OFF!
RS

Hmmm... the natives are gettin' restless here in GoG... So it's time for another experiment, this time with soil using some stuff I've been fiddling with but never really used like this, as a 'lively' mix... or as I call PLO (Partially Living Organic) soil, with a cone of light soil in the middle... The outer/bottom mix is lobster compost and granite flower with 4 1/4 teaspoon piles 1.5 inches in towards the middle, 1 inch up from the bottom. Then I'll scoop out a cone in the middle and pour in the light soil. Moisten it all up with some juicy water to start bacteria going and sew the seed. Unless if it's a last minute change of heart it'll most likely be a Sour Orange Diesel Kush or SODK for short... Born on the forth of July or fifth, sixth mabe... who knows...

I saw this crazy guy talking about this stuff and other stuff in a video I was watching about High Brix but he diverged directly into... TLO and 'partial' TLO for people like me... not ready to go all the way yet...

So here's my conservative approach to PLO!

llo

RS​

Hmmm... the natives are gettin' restless here in GoG... So it's time for another experiment, this time with soil using some stuff I've been fiddling with but never really used like this, as a 'lively' mix... or as I call PLO (Partially Living Organic) soil, with a cone of light soil in the middle... The outer/bottom mix is lobster compost and granite flower with 4 1/4 teaspoon piles 1.5 inches in towards the middle, 1 inch up from the bottom. Then I'll scoop out a cone in the middle and pour in the light soil. Moisten it all up with some juicy water to start bacteria going and sew the seed. Unless if it's a last minute change of heart it'll most likely be a Sour Orange Diesel Kush or SODK for short... Born on the forth of July or fifth, sixth mabe... who knows...

I saw this crazy guy talking about this stuff and other stuff in a video I was watching about High Brix but he diverged directly into... TLO and 'partial' TLO for people like me... not ready to go all the way yet...

So here's my conservative approach to PLO!

llo

RS​

oh no, the video needs your attention.

HBSS (Hubbabubbass) update: The training of the conjoined twins 'Twotwo' is going well. Twotwo one has already started her 'cola jag' at about 20 inches, Twotwo two has yet to start 'jaging' and the accidental supercrops are just smashing... Twotwo two is also the 'dominant' of the two It's kind of like the combined length of Twotwo one and Twotwo two will equal an average normal HBSS height... Two-che' :tang:

HBSS (Hubbabubbass) update: The training of the conjoined twins 'Twotwo' is going well. Twotwo one has already started her 'cola jag' at about 20 inches, Twotwo two has yet to start 'jaging' and the accidental supercrops are just smashing... Twotwo two is also the 'dominant' of the two It's kind of like the combined length of Twotwo one and Twotwo two will equal an average normal HBSS height... Two-che' :tang:
UMM....That might be one of the most confusing things I have read in a while:LOLStoned:

Back