Indoor Sweet Skunk Auto & Tangelo Rapido Auto - Kush's Low Budget Grow

The Sweet Skunk plant got nute burned from too much Kristalon. Some of its leaves were crispy, hard and coarse to the touch - they felt like sandpaper.
Today I flushed the fuck out of it by running 10 liters of plain water through the soil. It was about time for it to get flushed anyway. From now on, I will be giving it only plain water until it is ready for harvest (hopefully around New Year's Eve).
Just purchased a clip-on macro lens for my smartphone from China. Waiting for it to arrive. I will use the lens to monitor the trichomes because I am going for a sedating couch-lock effect that knocks the user out and puts him to sleep. This means that I will not harvest until I see at least 80% of amber trichs.

Thanks for following my grow journal.

After I installed my DIY carbon filter, the temperature in the box increased, which was expected. The temp is now 31 degrees Celsius, I think that this is quite hot.
The humidity is only 30%, which is another problem.
Today I noticed some of the leaves on the Tangelo Rapido going brown.
Is this heat stress? I believe that it is, but I need a second opinion on this.

is this heat stress.jpg

I am still waiting for my Macro lens to arrive from China, but I managed to take a somewhat OK photo of the trichomes on the Sweet Skunk, using just my phone camera without a macro lens. The trichs appear to be a combination of clear and milky. Not even a single amber one. This tells me that we still have a long way to go before its harvest time.

trichs.jpg

trichs2.jpg

Last edited:
Did u ph the water? It seems that the tops would be worse if it was just heat. Ive seen them go over 90 and not do that.

Did u ph the water? It seems that the tops would be worse if it was just heat. Ive seen them go over 90 and not do that.
I only have a soil pH meter. Last checked the pH about one month ago and it was ~7. That's a bit high, I know, but the plants have been loving it for the last month. There were no serious issues up until now.

Water ph can lock out the p when they need it going into bloom? Was it tap water?

Back