Indoor Sweet Skunk Auto & Tangelo Rapido Auto - Kush's Low Budget Grow

very nice job on the light panel.looks the part to.flat white paint is meant to be better at reflecting light than tinfoil,another low cost upgrade if you have a tin knocking around allready.
maybe such thing as a zipper in velcro nowadays.
doing great,keep it up.
:pighug:

I will not be seeing my girls for 3 days, so today I gave each plant 750ml of plain water in order to secure that there will be moisture in the soil.

The Tangelo Rapido is definitely flowering now - I counted 12 or more future colas. It is a slow motherfucker - today is day 65 from seed and it is just about starting to flower. Should have been almost ready for harvest by now, but the bitch decided to turn to a photoperiod plant, so there will be at least two more months until it's done.

The Sweet Skunk is totally triched out and is getting frostier with each day. The buds are rather small, though. I hope they will bulk up towards the end of its life.
I figure it will be ready at 90 days from seed, which is around New Year's Eve, i.e. - there's one more month to go.
Don't trust the breeder's promises, folks.

Tangelo Rapido:
Tangelo Rapido.jpg

And two close up shots of frosty Sweet Skunk buds:
Sweet Skunk Frost 1.jpg

Sweet Skunk Frost 2.jpg

Today I decided to build myself a homemade DIY carbon filter. The smell of skunk is just out of control and, like I have mentioned before, two of my neighbors in my apartment building are fucking cops. Not good!
So, being the cheap fuck that I am, I was researching ghetto and low budget carbon filter designs. Finally, I came up with this:

I started by measuring the outside frame of my grow box fan. I am using a PC fan that sits in a square frame and the frame measures 12x12 centimeters.

Then I got myself some cardboard and using a hot glue gun created this box.
It is the body/container of my filter. I made sure that the opening of the box is exactly 12x12 centimeters, so it would fit to my PC fan's frame.
diy hot glue gun cardboard box.jpg

Then I wrapped the cardboard box with duct tape to make it air-tight.
box wrapped in duct tape.jpg

Then I stretched and attached a piece of pantyhose to the bottom of the box using gaffer tape. I also further reinforced the box by completely wrapping it in gaffer tape.
pantyhose screen on bottom.jpg

Then I went to the pet store and bought 450 grams of Activated Carbon pellets for fish tanks. I rinsed the coal pellets thoroughly with water to get rid of most of the dust in them. Then I took an old tray and baked the wet pellets in the oven for about 20 minutes to dry them out.

drying active carbon.jpg

After the pellets were dry and cool to the touch, I poured them in the card box. The pantyhose is now holding them in on the bottom of the box.
active carbon poured in box.jpg

I then used gaffer tape to crate a cross hair kind of thing on the bottom of the box - it prevents the pantyhose from forming a "belly" under the weight of the carbon pellets.
duct tape crosshair.jpg

After that I installed the filter by sliding it over the PC fan, which is situated on the ceiling of my grow box.
PC fan before installation of filter.jpg

It fit like a glove - very snugly and tight, there was no need of special attachments, the filter stayed attached just by the tight fit. However, I will most probably be securing it with screws, really gotta think of ways to attach it more firmly. Here it is attached:
installed filter.jpg

That is it!
I have no idea whether this thing will work or not, but even if it manages to reduce the smell down to 50%, that still would be something.

--------------------------EDIT-------------------------
I can now confirm that this filter WORKS!
It not only reduces the smell of weed dramatically, but I think it also purifies the air in my room. Lol, not too bad for a $2 project.

And a few shots of my bitches from today:

Tangelo Rapido
Tangelo Rapido.jpg

Sweet Skunk:
Sweet Skunk.jpg

Mandatory Sweet Skunk closeup Frost shot:
Sweet Skunk Forst.jpg

------------

Last edited:
Today I decided to build myself a homemade DIY carbon filter. The smell of skunk is just out of control and, like I have mentioned before, two of my neighbors in my apartment building are fucking cops. Not good!
So, being the cheap fuck that I am, I was researching ghetto and low budget carbon filter designs. Finally, I came up with this:

I started by measuring the outside frame of my grow box fan. I am using a PC fan that sits in a square frame and the frame measures 12x12 centimeters.

Then I got myself some cardboard and using a hot glue gun created this box.
It is the body/container of my filter. I made sure that the opening of the box is exactly 12x12 centimeters, so it would fit to my PC fan's frame.
View attachment 835980

Then I wrapped the cardboard box with duct tape to make it air-tight.
View attachment 835981

Then I stretched and attached a piece of pantyhose to the bottom of the box using gaffer tape. I also further reinforced the box by completely wrapping it in gaffer tape.
View attachment 835998

Then I went to the pet store and bought 450 grams of Activated Carbon pellets for fish tanks. I rinsed the coal pellets thoroughly with water to get rid of most of the dust in them. Then I took an old tray and baked the wet pellets in the oven for about 20 minutes to dry them out.

View attachment 836007

After the pellets were dry and cool to the touch, I poured them in the card box. The pantyhose is now holding them in on the bottom of the box.
View attachment 836009

I then used gaffer tape to crate a cross hair kind of thing on the bottom of the box - it prevents the pantyhose from forming a "belly" under the weight of the carbon pellets.
View attachment 836010

After that I installed the filter by sliding it over the PC fan, which is situated on the ceiling of my grow box.
View attachment 836013

It fit like a glove - very snugly and tight, there was no need of special attachments, the filter stayed attached just by the tight fit. However, I will most probably be securing it with screws, really gotta think of ways to attach it more firmly. Here it is attached:
View attachment 836015

That is it!
I have no idea whether this thing will work or not, but even if it manages to reduce the smell down to 50%, that still would be something.

--------------------------DISCLAIMER-------------------------
Like I said, I don't guarantee if this ghetto filter will work or not, so wait for me to test it first for several days and to post some feedback.

And a few shots of my bitches from today:

Tangelo Rapido
View attachment 836017

Sweet Skunk:
View attachment 836018

Mandatory Sweet Skunk closeup Frost shot:
View attachment 836019

------------

Nike skills! I hope it knocks down the smell for you bud.

Alright folks, I can now confirm that my DIY Ghetto carbon filter works.
It not only reduces the smell of weed dramatically, but I think it also purifies the air in my room. Lol, not too bad for a $2 project (I only paid $2 for the carbon pellets - all the other materials were for free).

Back