New Grower 3 Bears OG (Mephisto) in supersoil, 2x2x4, 300w, 1st Grow

Reaction score
Hello AFN! This will be my first grow journal so feel free to follow along. Tips, advice, and suggestions are
more than welcome.

3 Bears Og from Mephisto Genetics

Space : 2x2x4 grow tent inside closet

Light : (1) 300w Mars Hydro

Medium : Malibu Potting Soil + Worm Castings Mix (About 20-30% worm castings)

Nutrients : GBDs supersoil mix + worm tea + water

Intake/Exhaust : passive air intake and 45 cfm pc fan for exhaust (waiting on hyperfan to arrive)

Light Schedule : 20/4

Growing inside a 3 gallon root pouch (similar to smart pot) with only the bottom half layer of soil amended with the dry supersoil mix.

Day 3 after Germ:
day2.jpg

:slap: Looking good! Welcome to AFN!! There's plenty of wonderful people here to help out. Come to the live stoners chat and introduce yourself! Tell them Star sent you. Happy growing! I'll be following along!
Day 6 after germ:
View attachment 592268
View attachment 592267
Have not done a second watering. Soil is still sorta moist at about a full fingers depth. Not too sure on

when to water. I slightly misted the top soil on day 3 since the temps were high that day in socal.

Last edited:
Day 6 after germ:
View attachment 592268
View attachment 592267
Have not done a second watering. Soil is still sorta moist at about a full fingers depth. Not too sure on

when to water. I slightly misted the top soil on day 3 since the temps were high that day in socal.
Don't over water. Wait until the pot is dry to water again. The roots need oxygen and when it becomes dry, they go searching for water, which you need them to do.

Oh and be careful about misting if the leaves are exposed to the light. You can burn the leaves. They look very healthy though so you're doing a great job!
Thanks for the welcome Star! I did not know that about misting the leaves. Good to know. Will probably water tomorrow morning. SoCal is getting hot & my soil is looking dry!

Hey looking good I'm really interested in led lighting for grows.
Looking forward to your grow and good luck.
I will soon be doing my first in door grow i feel I know nothing.
Good luck and I'm pulling up a seat.
Welcome to AFN @SouthernGurl! First time I've seen your name here! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Back