Indoor Auto Ultimate and Think different

Willtech

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
It’s been a very long time since I posted on here but thought I’d start a grow journal for 3 plants I’ve just started.
I’ll be doing 2x Think Different by Dutch Passion and 1x Auto Ultimate by Dutch Passion.
I did a few Think Different a couple of years ago and one of the plants yielded me over 200g dry weight. I’m hoping to beat that this time round and grow some really nice bud.
There’s lots of variables at play this time however.
I’ve decided to scrap the tent and have dedicated a small room for this. I’m still in the process of finishing the room but was too impatient to get the ball rolling and get the seeds in the dirt.
Basically I’m using a room I’ve never grown in before with lights I’ve never grown with before so this could all go wrong at any point I suppose. This is why I’m doing a journal here and if any of the experienced heads on the site spot obvious mistakes please do let me know.
Spec is as follows -
- Growing media - Plagron Lightmix Soil.
- Lights - 2 x Telos 006 by Grow Northern
- Pots - 20L Airpots.
-Nutes - AN Micro,Grow,Bloom . AN Carboload , Density Calmag, AN Bud Ignitor , AN Overdrive.
I might add or subtract nutes from that line up as things go on but that lot should grow me some good plants I hope.
So ....I had 4 seeds from DP . 3x Think Different and 1xAuto Ultimate.
Germinated as usual using glasses of water then straight into dirt. Unfortunately one of the Think Different didn’t do anything and was a dud seed. Not tap root ,nothing. Bit disappointed but I’ve grown over 20 DP plants and this is first time that’s happened to me so shit happens I suppose.
It’s really good to be back to the forum to say hi again and hope you’re all keeping well peeps.
Would be cool if a few of you subbed to the thread and helped with stuff.
Go easy,
W.
D3575A97-3917-4A52-A789-6ED345DEC153.jpeg

Well.. not the best grow journal I suppose as I’m super busy pulling 13 hour shifts at work.
I’m disappointed I haven’t found the time to give you guys a wee update and even more disappointed I’m no further along with making the grow room the way I want it to be. These plants are a bit of an environment test to make sure temps are manageable. So far so good.I won’t give too much info so as not to dox myself but basically I’ve lived out a room with 2x2 wood then fitted 50mm recticel insulation . Hopefully the insulation keeps the heat out as well as keep it in if that makes sense?everyrhi g is new and have done it right by even installing a separate cable from the main fuse box outside to carry up to 5KVA load if I need it(which I won’t ).
I’m on day 26 now so spared you Guys getting daily updates on every leaf that sprouts. Things are getting moving now though so have included a couple of pics. Bear in mind I’m working on the grow room so it’s messy at mo but will be sorted this weekend hopefully. Have just drilled a 4” hole for extraction and I will be putting in 2x2” intake holes. The intake holes will be on a manual valve with pipes going outside for really clean air if I want it and the other pipe will go to my bedroom for air most of the time.

Attachments

• 4BE70CB6-06C5-4004-9618-AA0F6619699B.jpeg
    4BE70CB6-06C5-4004-9618-AA0F6619699B.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 1FE3A472-D29E-4DB3-87E5-24CE0E4DDB40.jpeg
    1FE3A472-D29E-4DB3-87E5-24CE0E4DDB40.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
  • AA60B3BC-23B6-482F-AD04-866B35268A9D.jpeg
    AA60B3BC-23B6-482F-AD04-866B35268A9D.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 88
  • 31B4C5ED-E9EA-4097-8628-05AE06B81552.jpeg
    31B4C5ED-E9EA-4097-8628-05AE06B81552.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 75
I’m using an iPhone I bought from cash converters which has a cracked screen in case anyone wondering about the typos. it’s pay as you go so I’m as anonymous as poss but it’s autocorrecting like a mofo, I don’t proof read as you can tell..
now that’s out of the way I may as well talk about the grow .
First impressions from the plants
The Auto Ultimate jumped out of the gate when I put the seeds into water glasses a full 2 days ahead of the Think Different seeds. 3 of the 4 seeds were showing a tap root (Ultimate was in a separate glass) but the ultimate had a nearly 1 inch tap root so couldn’t wait any longer . I dropped all 4 beans into the dirt and waited a couple of days. As I expected the Auto Ultimate was first to sprout but was surprised at the speed of her. It just broken the surface when I left for work at 0600 and was standing proud when I got home. (Didn’t take pics sorry )I waited 3 days with not seeing anything from any of the Think Different and was ready to scrap the whole grow but they sprouted next day. Apart from 1. Pissed off about that but it happens I think. Has just never happened to me.
I’m familiar with the Think Different so they’re doing as well as they should be at this point.
It’s hard to talk about the beginning stages of veg as there’s not much to report. No news is good news ,
I suppose a side note should be is that this is the last time I’m growing in soil. I’ve bought an RDWC set up for 6 plants for this room and the room has been designed around it I also have another 2x Telos 6 lights for when that happens. I kinda wish I’d bought the Telos 008 instead of the 006 but that’s probably me just overthinking it. I did my research before and the 2x 006 are ample for the 3 (supposed to be 4 ) plants I’m doing at moment.

Here’s a pic of the wall set up in the room.
Lots of space to mount whatever I want.I opted for the remote driver version of the Telos lights as they’re going to be permanent anyway. Being able to “daisy chain” them is great and you can link up to 10 lights on one socket if you wish as long as your RCD etc can take the power draw. It’s a really good design by Grow Northern and keeps things neat.

Attachments

• 514A4EDA-9811-4E60-A661-12F88E1AEDF9.jpeg
    514A4EDA-9811-4E60-A661-12F88E1AEDF9.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
Good luck with the new room mate. I'm doing an ultimate myself at the minute and have wondered about the think different and think big in the past. Be good too see how this goes mate.

@Quentin3176 - cheers mate. How’s your Ultimate coming on? I’ve never done on before but so far I’m really impressed with it. I’m going to give it another week then I’m getting my Scrog net out and will start training them. I’m loving the grow room so far but money is tight at the moment so having to wait a wee while before I buy reflective sheeting for the walls. I kind of need it now though so might have to bite the bullet and just get it ordered today.

@Quentin3176 - cheers mate. How’s your Ultimate coming on? I’ve never done on before but so far I’m really impressed with it. I’m going to give it another week then I’m getting my Scrog net out and will start training them. I’m loving the grow room so far but money is tight at the moment so having to wait a wee while before I buy reflective sheeting for the walls. I kind of need it now though so might have to bite the bullet and just get it ordered today.
Just a quick tip. If you have the ability to paint the surface white instead of a reflective coating it literally is like a 3% difference in reflectivity and in most cases is much cheaper

Shes doing pretty well mate. It's first ultimate I've tried indoors too. I've grown a couple outdoors and have 3 out there now but always wanted do her indoors as she's a really good strain. Grows brilliantly. My current ultimate I ended up snapping a couple of weeks ago and she's still going like a trooper. I highly recommend dp....also I'm with Derek on the painting the walls white. At least for now..

Last edited:
Hi groovy people ,

Things are coming along quite nicely and the 3 girls are on cruise control. Can’t express how much I’m glad in my investment in the Telos lights. I was worried they wouldn’t perform but all signs are pointing towards them being good for the grow. I’m still worried about flowering period with them and have my 600w HPS for back up if I feel things aren’t doing as well as they should but it’s just paranoia on my part I think. There’s nothing to suggest the lights aren’t doing exactly what they should do.
The plants are loving life at moment and entering the stretch phase with flower sites kicking off everywhere so I’ve put the net up to expose as much as I can to the light.
Feeding at moment is
-6ml/l of micro,grow and bloom
3ml/l Calmag
10 ml/l Carboload
5ml/l Bud Igniter.
Cheers,
W.

Attachments

• 1FD65328-6063-49AE-ACD9-94C155B9AD0B.jpeg
    1FD65328-6063-49AE-ACD9-94C155B9AD0B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
  • 3C9F306B-7B0B-47F5-802B-0BB8C612A7D4.jpeg