New Grower First AF grow, Northern Lights, Crit Mass, Cr Caramel and Af Kush. Heeya!

The Squid

Spaced-out CephaloMOD
Reaction score
Hey what's up guys! Another newbie here, but I'm gonna try and make my thread a little different somehow. I'll get started plain and simple and thorough. Here's my setup:
-HTG Mylar Tent 22"x36"x63" In a closet a few feet bigger on either side.
-HTG 7 Band 240 Watt LED Panel( I plan on getting two small T5's on either side asap to add in)
-Small fan for circulation inside
-Passive intake through back flap
-Out take through a cheap 6 inch fan pulling through one of the top ports
(This will eventually be changed to a proper inline fan with carbon filter)
-My soil is a professional bag of potting soil that I got from a local shop. It is the same soil that they use in their entire nursery. I also added some MiracleGrow Perlite, and yes it has some nutrients, very very low %.
-3 Gallon smart pots
-Shultz All Purpose green liquid concentrate nutes(I plan on getting other nutes)

Alright, just to test things out I planted three bag seeds of "mids". They've been doing fine although I did burn them pretty good with nutes too early. Not sure what I was thinking. I also have a bag seed plant of dank I got from a friend. It's doing great so far at 6 days only. The others are at 13 days.
Annnnnnnnnnd down to the goods, thanks for sticking it there:
I just put two Northern Lights that I germinated (using the paper towel method with straight distilled water that I buy from Walmart) straight into the three gallon pots. I've read that it is better to grow from start to finish in the same pot as to not transplant and therefore reduce that shock induced to it during the transplant.
This is just the beginning. I am starting these sisters, Stephanie and Steffany, both being feminised, and making sure everything is definitely good to go and get a feel for things. I have spent countless hours reading threads and forums on anything and everything cannabis so I think I have a definite good start. If/when all goes as predicted I have one each of the following to grow too:
Cream Caramel, Afghan Kush Ryder, and Big Critical.
It took me weeks to narrow it down to these choices and I really hope they turn out good. The NLs are a effin classic folks. Said to be one of the easier to grow for starters and not a real strong odor. The CC and AKR are in the 20-22% THC and nearing 1.0 or over on the CBD scale. Killer, devastating high. I am reeeeaaallly looking forward to these ladies. And the BC is said to be a head knocker with high yield. So that's that I guess. No pics yet obviously. Hoping to update in a couple days when they break surface. Stay tuned cats!

Squid out. Peace :peace: :toke: :D

Good luck with everything, Squid! Sounds like you've got a well thought out setup and some nice strains to grow. I love Pakistan Ryder and for my next grow I've got AKR on tap. The WOS Ryders definitely pack a punch!

Thanks a lot Andy! Hoping to have some pics of the two beautiful baby girls posted on the morrow. I'm thinking they will have broken surface by then. I can't wait! I am really antsy but have read enough to just take a step back but stay on top of things also, don't panic and BE PATIENT. I have high hopes. Glad you found my first journal I wanted you to keep abreast of my progress. It's like having a whole awesome team to grow with! All AF growers should be on here, I love this place. BTW did I start this journal in the correct area? Thanks as always crazy Andy.

Squid out. Peace :dance:

This dancin' baby is trippin' me out. :lol:

Sure, this is a good place for your journal. You've got the right attitude about stepping back and letting nature take its course. One of the hardest things to do as a new grower is to just leave the plants alone and let them grow! Far more cannabis plants are killed by too much love rather than neglect. I planted 8 germed seeds last week and some of them sprouted in less than a day while a couple took 3 days to break ground. So you're doing the right thing by hanging in there and waiting. :smoke:

hey squid,

welcome to the forum bro.. sounds like your all set up and ready to go on your autoflower journey.. it is quality here, we are all one big autoflowering family:buds:

look forward to seeing your grow, just wondering have you used your 240w led before..? allways looking to hear a good repoirt for an LED..

peace bro..:peace:

hey squid,

welcome to the forum bro.. sounds like your all set up and ready to go on your autoflower journey.. it is quality here, we are all one big autoflowering family:buds:

look forward to seeing your grow, just wondering have you used your 240w led before..? allways looking to hear a good repoirt for an LED..

peace bro..:peace:

Hey dude. First off, thanks for the input. I could stay on here all day it feels like hanging out with friends but I'm learning too! haha. As far as that LED, I have yet to use it on AFs but I grew some amazing basil with it, as well as chives, peppers, and started a few flowers. All did well. I do have four "bag seedlings" going under the light. Three "mid" at 2 week and one "dank" at five or six days I believe it is, just to test things out. I stupidly fed the three mid plants with nutes too early and burned them pretty bad. I'm hoping they'll recover after my flush but I'm not too concerned with those as they are testers. I know they don't even grow like AF anyway, slow little bastards. :) The dank seedling is looking pretty wonderful as far as my knowledge. Again, not too worried about that one either although I will be doing something with it if it continues to do well. Right now I only have one tent setup. My goal is to have a perpetual growth and harvest like two or three plants a month. So I went with AFs. I do have some grow buddies that I could pass this Photo dank off to if the time comes though. We'll see.
Soooo. I guess yes and no. I am pleased with the light but something seems ever so SLIGHTLY off. Could definitely be lack of experience and/or something else wrong in my setup. I hope to figure this all out as my journal gets going with pics and all, and I'm sure you fine gentlemen will be very helpful. I mean, obviously it works and grows plants, just not 100% on how full fledged it is. I still plan on adding two single T5's to either side of this LED panel. I think that will help tremendously just waiting to have the money to do so. Thanks again man!

Squid out. Peace :smokebuds:

Hey folks! Just a quick update. No changes really. The twins have yet to break the soil but it's only been a couple days. I gave them a mist just in the center of my pots where they are and added a little plastic "greenhouse" dome to the top of each to keep the humidity and moisture in. I've got several of those lying around from little herb and flower kits me and my fiancee' have bought.

The three middie babies are looking pretty bad, especially one of them. Don;t expect them to make it really. No matter...The dank baby is still rockin' hard though. I'll figure out what to do with it later as it is a photo and won't be able to give it 12/12 later even if it's a female anyway. Just gonna use that one to test things out I think, seems logical at this point. My six basil plants have all sprouts on another note. Looking great just as before. I think I will post a few pics of my setup just to get started as far as pictures go.

Well that's that and whatnot and all. Stay tuned I promise this thread will get more exciting. Pictures make everything cooler.

Squid out. Peace :cool:

hey squid..

the light sounds like it definatly works!! autoflowers and led seem to be a working combo.. it is amazing how fast they grow really, but as always with any plant the start is always the slowest.. look forward to seeing your grow progress, wont be long now before they sprout..:peace:

Hey P.l.u.r. Thanks man and yeah it does seem to be working for sure! The twins have yet to sprout as of me checking in before they take their four hour nap from 11-3pm. It has been three days I believe. Maybe two. haha. So I guess they're ok I just usually have sprouts in like two days after I germ in paper towels. One had a good tail on and the other had sprouted just a little but I wanted to plant them at the same time so the one may be a wee bit behind the other anyway. Just keeping it damp and keeping the cover over it until I see signs of life and hopefully that is soon. I tooka few pics. What is the easiest/best way to post them on here? Thanks

Squid out. Peace :bong:

Hey cats. I wasn't sure if I put a new post whether it would be easily seen or not so I did post a new thread in the New Growers Forum just to try and get some help. And I apologize if I should have just posted it here in the one I already started. Anywho...Gonna repost here.........

Hey guys. I have the start of my journal growing, a couple of you know about it already. I have been waiting for my two Northern Lights to break soil after being in there for fours days now. I just went to check on them and I could see the green just a little on one of them. I blew back a little soil and noticed that it had its first cotyledons as well as the first 'true' leaves. But she's still buried basically.

The other didn't sprout at all. Pretty disappointing. I think it was just a bad seed. I'm really concerned on whether I should start my other seeds or not. They actually look way better than the two NL that I got, just in seed form. Af Kush Ryder, Cream Caramel and Big Critical. Like I said maybe just bad seed as far as the one that didn't sprout.

And if you've seen my regular journal that's started in the Indoor Grow section you'll know the light I have. Very similar to the Black Star just not the Black Star. From HTG. Grows basil great! Starts several of veggies fine to put outside. It's sprouting the one NL although apparently I buried it too deep or something. I just have my doubts about the light even though it obviously grows plants. Could be way off. My ph runoff is low 6's. I have pics but I don't know how to upload them. I'm sure it's simple I just don't know.

I would love some help on all of this. Thanks guys.

Squid out :peace:

Back