My daughter has cancer, I need this to work. Help please.

tglynnnrso

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all,

My daughter has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia diagnosed in Aril 2015. They were unable to get her into remission, so I started her on Rick Simpson Oil combined with chemo, and it has worked well, she is now down to .02 (.01 is considered full remission). She Refused bone marrow transplant, so .02 is great news!

I am going to start growing soon, and I need some information from anyone who is willing to help.

Grow ten is 8X4X 6.5

Lights are Mars Hydro II 1200 (two of them not sure but think it equals two 600 watt)

Pots are 5 gallon cloth

Soil is Black Gold natural organic potting soil

Table fan for air movement

Small cheap humidifier

I don’t have a scrubber yet.

Fast Bud seeds: West Coast OG, Green Crack, Girl Scout Cookies, Crystal Meth

My questions are

1. Are two mars Hydro II lights enough? I see a lot of people on this forum using much more light.

2. Is the soil ok for auto?

3. What kind of liquid fertilizer and what feeding schedule for auto. I know 1/4 of normal but what kind and how often.

4. Can the seedlings be put under direct LED light right after being put in soil?

5. What is the best way to low stress train them? Just moving main cola to the side?

6. I intend to grow 6 plants in the 8X4 grow space, will it yield well or should I put less in?

Any and all advice is welcome, you have my gratitude.

Greetings and welcome to the site, also wish your daughter the best. Cancer is a MF, excuse my french, but i have a soft spot for this. I have helped cancer patients in the past both on death bed as well as ones that were in remission like her.

I see that this is your first grow and id love to help if you dont mind. Seems that you have more than you need to get started. One thing that i will remind you is that the site can get quite intoxicating. You will see lots of grows as well as massive yields, but you have to remember these are the results of many trials and errors some over months, and may over the years to get the results that you will see here. Dont let this discourage you, at first most have to crawl before they can walk. then there are those who come out running and it does not always make sense but it just seems to happen.

First i will tell you that the setup that you have will help you learn and get started. The tent is a great size, the lights will be more than enough i am sure. I will tell you that heat extraction is a must. I have one of the LED 700w from Mars and the temps do rise in my male tent. So i need to get a way to extract that soon. i know that you said that you didnt have a scrubber and that is also something that is important to your safety. Do not skimp on that item and to start you should be fine but down the road you will need it.

The soil that you have is good stuff i am using it right now and i am really, really please with it. You can follow along if you like. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/white-jem-f7-black-dragon-f2-black-leaf.48705/

As far as liquid ferts go i am using the FF line of grow big and tiger bloom. They are tried and true ferts and i swear buy them. they are simple to use and have great results. Any questions you have about them i can assist. As far as the LST i would say lets get your first grow out of the way and then move to the advanced stuff. autos are temperamental so we should focus on getting a successful first run and then take it from there.

hi and welcome.
loads of peeps to help you here,and loads of info to.check out the meds section.
someone will be along soon to give you all the info you need,most of what you ask is over my head being a cupboard grower.
best of luck.

Greetings and welcome to the site, also wish your daughter the best. Cancer is a MF, excuse my french, but i have a soft spot for this. I have helped cancer patients in the past both on death bed as well as ones that were in remission like her.

I see that this is your first grow and id love to help if you dont mind. Seems that you have more than you need to get started. One thing that i will remind you is that the site can get quite intoxicating. You will see lots of grows as well as massive yields, but you have to remember these are the results of many trials and errors some over months, and may over the years to get the results that you will see here. Dont let this discourage you, at first most have to crawl before they can walk. then there are those who come out running and it does not always make sense but it just seems to happen.

First i will tell you that the setup that you have will help you learn and get started. The tent is a great size, the lights will be more than enough i am sure. I will tell you that heat extraction is a must. I have one of the LED 700w from Mars and the temps do rise in my male tent. So i need to get a way to extract that soon. i know that you said that you didnt have a scrubber and that is also something that is important to your safety. Do not skimp on that item and to start you should be fine but down the road you will need it.

The soil that you have is good stuff i am using it right now and i am really, really please with it. You can follow along if you like. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/white-jem-f7-black-dragon-f2-black-leaf.48705/

As far as liquid ferts go i am using the FF line of grow big and tiger bloom. They are tried and true ferts and i swear buy them. they are simple to use and have great results. Any questions you have about them i can assist. As far as the LST i would say lets get your first grow out of the way and then move to the advanced stuff. autos are temperamental so we should focus on getting a successful first run and then take it from there.

FullDuplex, thank you for helping! I will be asking you questions on this thread if you don't mind. I have the seeds coming in, so I have a little time. What do you recommend for a feeding schedule? From what I have read I should start late and cut in 1/2. What do you recommend for heat extraction (what size)?

Welcome friend. @FullDuplex is right. Your set up is really good, and a good inline fan with a carbon filter will be most beneficial.
Just a couple things to think about. How much medicine do you need, with that size space you can grow a lot of meds. What style of growing do you feel you want to do. Hydroponics, Soil, or Soilless (inert media like promix). Do you want do be totally organic or are you OK with chemical nutrients. The more info that you can give us will help us to direct you to threads that may help you, or to get you in contact with someone who specializes in what you want to do.
I started with promix style grows using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect nutrients. This system works well and I have never gotten less than 1.5oz per plant. I usually have 3 plants in flower and 3 in veg. Now autos finish on average for me around 80 days from planting. So at worst I am harvesting 4.5oz of meds every six weeks. That is way more than my wife needs for her medicine, so I am able to give away quite a bit to others that are in need. I consider myself a novice grower and everything I have learned as been from the good people here at AFN. You are going to do fine. Prayers go out to you and your family. Give us some more info and let's see what we can do to help.:welcome::karmacloud:

Welcome friend. @FullDuplex is right. Your set up is really good, and a good inline fan with a carbon filter will be most beneficial.
Just a couple things to think about. How much medicine do you need, with that size space you can grow a lot of meds. What style of growing do you feel you want to do. Hydroponics, Soil, or Soilless (inert media like promix). Do you want do be totally organic or are you OK with chemical nutrients. The more info that you can give us will help us to direct you to threads that may help you, or to get you in contact with someone who specializes in what you want to do.
I started with promix style grows using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect nutrients. This system works well and I have never gotten less than 1.5oz per plant. I usually have 3 plants in flower and 3 in veg. Now autos finish on average for me around 80 days from planting. So at worst I am harvesting 4.5oz of meds every six weeks. That is way more than my wife needs for her medicine, so I am able to give away quite a bit to others that are in need. I consider myself a novice grower and everything I have learned as been from the good people here at AFN. You are going to do fine. Prayers go out to you and your family. Give us some more info and let's see what we can do to help.:welcome::karmacloud:

AKsteel, I want to do soil grow, from what I have read (not sure if it is true) soil is more forgiving, and I think I need that.

I am open to organic or non-organic fertilizer, whatever works better. The only reason I am not as concerned about non-organic is because it is being turned into Rick Simpson Oil, and in order to make it 95-98% THC concentrate, I have to use a 99.99% isopropyl alcohol. Others use Naphtha (has cancer causing agents but somehow doesn’t seem to cause cancer, maybe because high levels of THC kill cancer, I don’t know). So whatever fertilizer gives the best results will be what I use.

You are going to fall on the floor when I tell you how much it takes per month to keep her on the right daily amount; 1/2 pound per month to make about 1 gram of RSO per day. Each ounce produces about 3 to 3.5 grams is all, but it worked when nothing else did. I know I will not get 1.5 lbs every three months, and I am ok with that, but any that I can grow rather than buy is a good thing. Here 1/2 (right kind, right thc level ect) is 2,000 and I just can’t keep up with the cost. After she in in total remission I can back off to 1/2 gram per day meaning I will need 1/4 lb per month.

I have another question, because I am not using this to smoke, and weed has to be really dry to make rso, does it need to be cured? That doesn’t change THC value right?

Ok, to answer some of your questions. The answers are just my personal opinion.
1. I think you have plenty of light. Mars II 1200w is a great LED
2. Soil works fine with autos, just due some research on different mixes of soil. Light with good drainage is important.
3. I like advanced nutrients ph perfect line of nutes, but there are lots of others that work great for less $. Just look for nutrients geared towards cannabis.
4. I put my seedlings under my LED. Just make sure your light is set at the right height. My Mars II 400w is set at 24" above my seedlings. The 1200w may be different.
5. Lots of different methods of LST. Best to do a thread search and see what method looks right for you.
6. I think you have plenty of room for 6 plants. Just an idea, start 3 and then when they are about 30 days old start another 3. That way you have a constant supply of meds coming in.

Keep in mind these are just my opinions. There are others here with WAY more experience with different styles of growing methods, nutrients, and training methods.
Happy growing friend. :welcome:

AKsteel, I want to do soil grow, from what I have read (not sure if it is true) soil is more forgiving, and I think I need that.

I am open to organic or non-organic fertilizer, whatever works better. The only reason I am not as concerned about non-organic is because it is being turned into Rick Simpson Oil, and in order to make it 95-98% THC concentrate, I have to use a 99.99% isopropyl alcohol. Others use Naphtha (has cancer causing agents but somehow doesn’t seem to cause cancer, maybe because high levels of THC kill cancer, I don’t know). So whatever fertilizer gives the best results will be what I use.

You are going to fall on the floor when I tell you how much it takes per month to keep her on the right daily amount; 1/2 pound per month to make about 1 gram of RSO per day. Each ounce produces about 3 to 3.5 grams is all, but it worked when nothing else did. I know I will not get 1.5 lbs every three months, and I am ok with that, but any that I can grow rather than buy is a good thing. Here 1/2 (right kind, right thc level ect) is 2,000 and I just can’t keep up with the cost. After she in in total remission I can back off to 1/2 gram per day meaning I will need 1/4 lb per month.

I have another question, because I am not using this to smoke, and weed has to be really dry to make rso, does it need to be cured? That doesn’t change THC value right?
Wow, that's a bit of material to make the concentrate. I can't really answer your question, it is completely out of my realm of knowledge. I think with the right strains you can get some good yields. As far as I know the reason for curing is to improve the quality of smoke/vape. I know my wife prefers her meds cured for at least a month. She says it taste better and is smoother to vape. She has never said that it was more potent. Of course I don't partake so I can't speak from personal experience.

FullDuplex, thank you for helping! I will be asking you questions on this thread if you don't mind. I have the seeds coming in, so I have a little time. What do you recommend for a feeding schedule? From what I have read I should start late and cut in 1/2. What do you recommend for heat extraction (what size)?
Ask away, please that is the one way to learn. Looks like you have over 200 sq foot in the room. So anything that is above 250cfm should assist in cleaning and pulling the heat from the room. I have about the same space and am running a 6in fan @ 430 CFM with a filter rated at 400. I run the fan with a few bends to make sure that i am not over pulling through the scrubber. Works like a charm temps are 77 with 3 t12 fixtures a 250 HPS and a T5 array.

@AKsteel makes a great few points there as you learn there are several things that you can try. The FF line is a KISS fert system. Its easy to use and they have all the macros, micros, and standard beneficials that are needed for healthy plants. I have a feed schedule for them as a guide but now days i just watch the plants. That will come in time for you.

Back