I will be top feeding when I do it and I have learned from my mistake with run off and lockouts, but I will definitely be back for more information and guidance once I actually have the coco
Would you recommend starting with a larger container for coco or start out with a solo cup for my first round? I am going to do both I decide a long time ago when I saw your solo cup adventures that I needed to try that out. Plus I'm getting to the point where I will never get to all the beans I have and want to run if I don't start doing a couple solo cups as well or start another space I don't have room for.
i think with me the solo cup grows come naturally as i start all my seeds in them but my advice is to try both see what works best for you i just worried when i first started about overwatering and if you look in any of my threads there all in solo sups at the start

i think with me the solo cup grows come naturally as i start all my seeds in them but my advice is to try both see what works best for you i just worried when i first started about overwatering and if you look in any of my threads there all in solo sups at the start
OK I think that's what I will do then definitely try both but I will start out in the cups as it makes so much sense to me if that's how you start for the bigger containers anyways. I am looking to buy a Dyson humidifier to try and dial in my space a bit bigger if I go out to get it today I might just get the coco then I'm get all antsy and excited about trying this out again. It's not the first time I was so gung ho to do the cups I went out and bought everything but the coco and got distracted time to double back and get the coco and get this show on the road!!! Thanks again.

Frost Friday's update January 29th 2021
Well Friday update time things are moving along I just want to get through soke of these ones and start fresh. I think some of the readings I have been getting are due to my fabric pots not getting washed thoroughly. Oh well most of the new means are in new fabric pots im going to use industrial washer next time. Not gonna stress though, one percent better everyday.
Terri Fox Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
The plant is bulking up more then I thought it would at this point. I kinda thought it was maturing and was going to be the fastest auto I've had yet it may still be but it has a bit more to go but the trichomes are thick and the purple is coming into it. It smells like a grape jolly rancher so I am itching to try it out but patience is a virtue.
Day 44
Screenshot_20210129_182255_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210129_182304_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 45
Screenshot_20210129_182332_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Fitzella Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
She is coming along ok have it like 20% nutes and it responded well. Kinda what made me think about the fabric pots need to be washed better next time I bought another 12 fabric pots and am using them so I shouldn't have wild readings any more.
Day 38

Day 40
screenshot_20210129_183154_com-unlogical-jane-jpg.1281765

Holly Fugue state bred by Mephisto Genetics
She isnt doing quite as well as I would like. I have bad water in my house but I think since my fabric pots maybe weren't washed well enough so I may not be able to get accurate readings and I'm going to still keep an eye on the reading but also my eyes and the plant until I am just I new or properly washed pots and I don't have to worry about that affecting my readings. Also as soon as I can get to my hydro store im getting some coco and going at some solo cups and doing some bigger ones in coco as well. If everything goes well I'll be running soilless, coco and dwc all in my dwc and perpetual run. Should give me an idea of what I am wan a stick with or if I wanna keep doing different mediums. Anyways enough ramblings here's the snaps of her.
Day 30
Screenshot_20210129_202152_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Eve, Livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
For whatever reason this one has remained fairly happy throughout maybe I just realised the state of my tap water at this point who's to say she started shooting pistils and stretching a bit satellites are all catching up if I had things better throughout would've been nice to see what it could be. It might be one I am going to run soon in dwc or coco as well. Don't know we will see how it smoked I guess. Doing some leaf tucking and opening her up with staples a bit she seems to like it, anyways here she is.
Day 22
Screenshot_20210129_203547_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Day 23
Screenshot_20210129_203556_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics
She was struggling a bit or had some sort of strange happening that seems to have resulted in it splitting into two tops :paleo:oh well I'm not upset see how she turns out now got the lightest bit of a feed for her first time and that seems to have jump started growth a bit and gave her a nicer color of green.
Day 17
Screenshot_20210129_204438_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie cubed, strawberry stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics
She is still just a little thing coming along slowly not very tall at all but that's OK still time yet for that to change some.
Day 12
Screenshot_20210129_205025_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Black widow, Hulk smash tester from Canadian Autoflower
This one shot out of the gates and never looked back from popping like 6 hours into a soak it felt like to now its rushing along I'm impressed and excited to see how it turns out. Happy as of now anyways.
Day 9
Screenshot_20210129_205129_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big Shoots, six shooter from Fastbuds
She is common along swimmingly I really like how quick things are moving and how the plant has responded plus checking on on water temps and pH and ec keeps me busy and occupied. This is my first go round with it but I'll likely do it forever at least a little bit of what I'm doing at a time anyway.
Day 7
Screenshot_20210129_205706_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Panamama, bred by Canadian Autoflower
This girl is doing good not quite as fast as big shoots in dwc but popped same time and doing OK. She just a baby still.
Day 6
Screenshot_20210129_210441_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toots, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower
She is coming along ok, she had some helmet head which I helped remove but she's off now.
Day 5
Screenshot_20210129_211257_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie Tsc, Grape Topanga x skittlez cake bred by Jungle boys.
The lone photo I am going to journal for now. Plans have changed though and I may do a journal for the flowering of the 4 larger photos I have as my girl wasn't happy with what we received in return with the other guy we were working with so I am now going to be setting up a 5x3 to run a scrog to flower.
Here is pics of the little one.
Day 6
Screenshot_20210129_211833_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
that's all for now Northern bear tester Poking her head up through the surface now so her journal will start shortly after her Cotys open up. Not sure what I'll start next after that. I am thinking a golden nuggets from Canadian Autoflower as I have done it before and it was maybe my favourite from them.
ONE LAST THING!!!
Screenshot_20210129_212352_com.android.chrome.jpg

I was just wondering what anyone thoughts are on here about these only like less then 5 bucks a piece and they are local in every other way I support local when I can. So I figure why not with genetics, worth a shot no? Also they are regular autos which is nice if I wanna breed but more important to me is the male in this line being frost dragon from here I kinda looked it up on site seems it was a couple years ago it was being played with. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about it. I have a good idea where all the dragon strains originated but I'm not sure if this is someone else's work (frost dragon) either way I want to try it out and journal it here if I do just looking for some opinions and information on where the strain originated (frost dragon) and anything else about it I could thanks for your time and for stopping by and checking things out. Things will be getting better soon for me and I am excited to share it with this community I value so greatly. Thanks again I appreciate it. :toke: :cheers::joy::growing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129_183154_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129_183154_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 121
Terpene/Trichome Tuesday February 2nd 2021
Here's the Tuesday update. I decided I am likely just to do a full update of things on Tuesday and forego Friday instalments. I will do random updates in between perhaps but once a week for a full update seems like enough to document and not annoy everyone. Been an interesting week for sure so much I am learning and need to learn it never stops. Perpetually progressing towards perfection I will never get to perfection but I will likely never stop growing and ill never stop learning. As usual I start with the ones closest to chop so you don't have to skim through what you don't wanna see if you like trich pics and such.
Terri Fox, Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
She is bulking up nicely now on her and the trichs are getting milky and thick. I am impressed with the thickness of trichs and the scent is not only grape jolly rancher but artificial grape and funk now im stoked and when it's dry and ready I am going to be stoned :baked:.
Day 49
Screenshot_20210202_171459_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
IMG_20210202_162619_235.jpg
IMG_20210201_185657.jpg

Fitzella, Double Grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
She finally got a little food after trying to sort out the root zone. She really liked it and greened up some. I am looking forward to being able to keep a more regular feeding schedule again. Going to keep it as short as I can this week.
Day 43
Screenshot_20210202_172325_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Screenshot_20210202_172341_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Holly, Fugue state bred by Mephisto Genetics
She is still probably hungry at this point but got a very light feeding and loved it been training out well now she's pom poming pretty good here she is fldsyb
Day 36
Screenshot_20210202_172855_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Eve,Livers bx1 bred by Mephisto Genetics
Honestly didn't think she was going to stretch as much as she did but she took off. I opened it up a bit but no real hard lst or anything.
Day 27
Screenshot_20210202_175506_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, Sour gummy bears bred by Mephisto Genetics
This girl was a little strange out the gate and then apparently topped herself somewhere along the way and now has 2 or 3 tops still not very large but kinda cool nonetheless how it mutated or adapted if you prefer that term.
Day 22
Screenshot_20210202_175643_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie Cubed, strawberry stomper bred by Mephisto Genetics
This girl has been smaller and slowish but she is coming along and is healthy enough she will likely appreciate a feed when water time comes up next for her.
Day 16
Screenshot_20210202_180324_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

This girl is a stud she has taken off from the start and more or less kept pace with the dwc I have going. Dwc stumbled a bit first time doing it and had likely a bit much water in the res and other stressors but it's still moving along and is more or less and experiment for me anyways. But the hulk smash is just doing great and I always wanted to try a sour stomper cross this will be my first.
Day 14
(the way my app is I have days of germination they count on the days so its more like 12 but whatever)
Screenshot_20210202_180944_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big Shoots, Six shooter from Fastbuds first dwc attempt
She was doing great roots reaching out touching water already but 8 may have had the res to high after last pH adjustment and it swung pretty good over night stressed it out. I put on the better air pump removed some from the res got a better water level added a bit of uc roots from current culture and it seems to be bouncing back pretty good outside of the time it went lower to like 5 which is likely the main cause of stress I have left it swing from 5.7 to 6.3 tops and bottom of what it's been too. It tends to stay closer to 6.1 after about 4 or 5 days in the pail but I still will bring it down and let it climb back to that. I have the ec written down and will have to check it again to see if i should consider making a new solution but it does seem happier then when these pics were taken that I'll update on its own likely mid week or take it to the infirmary if problems persist.
Day 12 (prayed until this day more or less)
Screenshot_20210202_181121_com.unlogical.jane.jpg
Screenshot_20210202_181136_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Panamama, Panama haze from Canadian Autoflower
This girl is doing OK I have grown it before and am hoping to get as big a plant and maybe even better smoke than the first times my brother or I ran it and I really liked it then as I recall. Here is the little girl.
Day 11
Screenshot_20210202_182127_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toot, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower
This girl I am excited for and need to ask the genetics on but she is coming out happy and healthy so far and just water with most of these little ones especially the ones in stepwell "super soil" soilless medium. Which I must say I like. Mostly so far no real complaints.
Day 10
Screenshot_20210202_182634_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie TSC, Grape topanga x skittlez cake by Jungle boys
This is a photoperiod but I'm excited to grow it into a mother clip it for genetics if it's solid as I expect and maybe make seeds on some of the clones we will see. Thoughts I'm having potentially anyways. Just got up potted last night seems to be taking to it well roots were already shooting out the bottom of the starter pot it was in to begin with.
Day 11
Screenshot_20210202_182804_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Well that's pretty much it for now anyways. I will be back to post soon I'm sure and will be watching many a thread on here I'll leave this off with a pic of my over cluttered tent which is going to be less cluttered soon as I guess I am now finishing these photos which means I break out the 5x3 and go to work wish I hadve known earlier would've started more autos and flowered them by now. Oh well they had lockout issue because of water and are coming back strong now and will fill that tent nicely. Couple sour diesel and orange creamsicle and a personal cross I have that is leaning more towards its Mac side which always has a wider different looking leaf although its still not peak healthy at this point. Anyways happy growing and godspeed turning seeds to trees. :toke::cheers::joy::growing:
Edit***I already had 15 pics the pic will have its own post below. Cheers.

Wow man, thats quite the menagerie you have going on. I'm impressed! Also, jealous of the amount of space you get to play with.

Wow man, thats quite the menagerie you have going on. I'm impressed! Also, jealous of the amount of space you get to play with.
Sometimes it's a curse not a blessing plus it pretty much dominates my entire bedroom :rofl:. I am Thankful to have the room to do things and try things out and I appreciate your comments it is definitely a lot time spent dealing with it but as I'm sure you know time with the plants is pretty easy time, for the most part it's very enjoyable. Stressful here and there but rewarding for sure. Thanks again for popping in.

Terpene/Trichome Tuesday February 9th 2021
Let's get right into it been slacking on my photos and documentation a bit but things are still rolling along and I snapped some pics today so I could post an update.
Terri Fox, double grape x grape walker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower *chopped*
After all the troubles I encountered during this run she still pulled through healthy frosty and terpy which is a near miracle. I'll post a couple photos but I need to take some better up close shots.
Day 56
IMG_20210209_015621.jpg

I'll take better ones just rushed with this girl today almost forgot she was hanging out.
Fitzella double grape x Grapewalker kush freebie from Canadian Autoflower
She is coming along nicely considering and is bulking and frosting up nice with the same funky fuel and artificial grape combo for a nose on it.
Day 51
Screenshot_20210209_211450_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Holly, Fugue state by Mephisto Genetics
Despite the fact that they suffered at my hand. Its still doing well looks like it could maybe have had more nitrogen as I don't like the lack of green but I've had such strange numbers in checking runoff as the fabric pots weren't cleaned well enough and definitely had a lot of salt build up. Oh well better next time definitely want to do this one again though as I'm sure I could make a beast out of it if I treat her right
Day 43
Screenshot_20210209_212127_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Next update will have better pics of everything. I apologise for the lack of quality this round.
Eve, livers bx1 by Mephisto Genetics
Doing OK nicer green then Holly but not much bigger plant didn't top this girl. With the exception of the couple that didn't have all fresh soil and things I'm close to back to where I want to be and was before I started stumbling and tripping the girls up
Day 35
Screenshot_20210209_212720_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Funshine, sour gummy bears by Mephisto Genetics
She had some issues early on and topped herself cute little thing I will be excited to do better with her but I'm going to coax it across the finish line regardless of size. Running old soil and pots only thing extra is the beans and you get extra from ordering direct so not the loss it mightve been otherwise.
Day 29
Screenshot_20210209_213210_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Suzie Cubed, strawberry stomper by Mephisto Genetics
This girl has never really taken off it never had the chance it should've so when I do it again I'll look for redemption.
Day 23
Screenshot_20210209_213350_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

This girl is currently on of my favourites I've ever done photo or auto so far. I thought about topping it or training it but it's been growing so well and symmetrical I have done nothing and am just going to let it grow naturally.
Day 21
Screenshot_20210209_214532_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Big shoots, six shooter from fastbuds
This is my first foray into dwc or anything outside of soil and soilless mediums. It's been a ride trying to get things just the way I want them to be but outside of one large swing I've just let it slowly move from like 5.7 5.8 to 6.3 max. Res temp is around 19.5 usually ranges a little. Left the rough looking leaves on as a reminder to be better.
Day 19
Screenshot_20210209_221201_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Here she is at "sun up" I have my two halves of the tent offset by 15 minutes to not have a huge surge of power at once and there's sun up and sun down in nature so I figured what could it hurt. I'll show after all the plants are updated what the tent looks like now that the photos are out of my way and at sun up and sun down times.
Panamama, Panama haze by Canadian Autoflower
This girl is coming along nicely she didn't get all new soil just fresh on the top layers as the pot was halfway filled before hand might be why it's not doing quite as good as my sweet tooth or hulk smash.
Day 18
Screenshot_20210209_221907_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Toots, Sweet Tooth tester by Canadian Autoflower
This girl is doing great she was a little slower then hulk smash but she is doing excellent love her deep green back to what I want to be seeing and am used to. When things aren't going right it's stressful as anything to me, I'm glad I mostly figured out the cause though and I'm proceeding much differently even though I've removed the main obstacle which was absurdly hard water and bad water.
Day 17
Screenshot_20210209_222439_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Gracie tsc, grape topanga x skittlez cake by Jungle boyz
My only photo girl in the auto factory right now so excited to have these genetics my brother blessed me with. Going to eventually be bedding this one I think definitely she will become a mother I think. Just up potted her last night so she's not as happy as she has been but she's growing as fast as the autos.
Day 18
Screenshot_20210209_225942_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Queen Eleanor, Northern Bear tester from Canadian Autoflower
The name is from the movie brave I gather the mother is a Bear at some point???.... My girlfriend named it but if its a girl bear good enough. Here she is three days in. I use all 5 gallon fabric pots with either 2 gallons of sunshine 4 or promix HP with the amount that makes up the rest of the pot with stepwell super soil. I like the product but I am irked by the name as its not even soil its peat based soilless medium which I like but its not soil nevermind "super soil" if it was "super peat or potting mix" it wouldn't fddl like false advertising to me. I knew what it was and wanted it I wasn't deceived but I feel like people could be by it. My plants have done better in the stepwell then promix HP or sunshine 4 alone even with not feeding in the stepwell and to very lightly feed the promix HP with 10 to 20 percent first week strength organic nutrients I won't be feeding the ones in stepwell until about first sign of sex then maybe flower schedule as it won't be amended enough to last a full cycle. Anyways here she is on day 3 Queen Eleanor
Day 3
Screenshot_20210209_230402_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

I know it says 5 days but I didn't put it in my app and I added the germination period which it counts as days apparently.
Blanche, Gold Nuggets by Canadian Autoflower
This is sadly the last one of these I had and it wasn't stored well but that hasn't mattered it was Soaked and popped just fine and is now up out of the soil with a deep rich green. The plants do like the stepwell more then the promix or sunshine by a lot but it's much more expensive and by the time the ammendments in it have run low or out I'll be feeding organic based nutrient line anyways so the layers of similar medium work for me. I'm sad this is my last one as its not available on site right now at Canadian Autoflower and I have done this one and so has my brother and it was previously my favourite out of the ones I bought from Canadian Autoflower. Which im going to post abbreviated posts in the review thread of all his strains as well so it's all in one place and even with my poor round of growing in the redemption rounds I'll show that the genetics are solid and enjoyable as they have shown me to be before when I grew them out. Anyways enough nonsense here she is.
Day 1 (says 2 but it's because it recorded germination on my app)
Screenshot_20210209_230621_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!!! I appreciate it and any advice or comments you want to leave.
Going to leave off with pics of "sun up & sun down" in the tent when the lights are only part way on. The offset is mostly to not have giant power surge at once but also kinda makes a mini sunrise and set. Here is my perpetual auto factory now that I got the photos out of my way, to make space and so so I can baby and flower them right in my 5 x 3. Which maybe I'll document here after all wasn't going to but I like to journal and I feel at home in this community.
Sun up I missed one of the lights in this pic but I'll redo it next week when the empty ones temp adjusting in there have more mephisto beans in them.
Screenshot_20210209_233628_com.unlogical.jane.jpg

Sun down
IMG_20210209_130025.jpg

Thats my auto space less cluttered without my photos in there way less stressful and easier to work with and have all my zones of the tent be where I want them to be. Vpd oddly enough been easier to control since they've been gone too only couple days mind you. Anyways no room for pics of the photo tent in this thread anyways so maybe later anyways thanks again for looking.

5x3 photo scrog.
Wasn't going to be flowering these and they suffered a little from bad water and probably under feeding in hindsight seeing as they are photos and the readings were effected by fabric pots only being hand washed a bit before re use. But they are coming back now they are getting food and ill flip them over once I get another timer to run the fans so I can keep temps nice in dark time and still have enough air flow. First pic is empty tent next two are after I put net in it was 4 am so I didn't finish pulling it out but did the pre work if you will still need to defoliate some when they are a bit healthier for the first week of flower. I defoliate 1st and 3rd weeks of flower when I scrog photos. Going to add a mini journal of my brothers tent here as well since I had those plants for half their lives and one is one of mine and my brothers crosses and one is a sour diesel. I have one orange creamsicle, two sour diesel from cropking my friend bought me years ago and the cross we each have is of a MAC x Ice cream cake #11 pheno from an acmpr grower the icc 11 was amazing I should never have let that strain go but I have and I will forever kick myself unless one of these crosses surpasses it. I backbred it to itself and sugar cane, smintz and a cali og x Thai Cross from cropking as well the sugar cane and smintz or from acmpr growers. So I have high hopes. I also just saw a insta post from rocbudinc with a mac cross and his has characteristics like mine has had and the original kinda had so if he finds the quality he finds with max crosses that sometimes look funky maybe I'll get lucky too. Smintz and icc is the one I most look forward to though or the sugar cane I'll do them later this year maybe probably couple outside. Here's an empty tent and then the other two pics better pics to come
IMG_20210207_064339.jpg

IMG_20210209_031057.jpg

IMG_20210209_031038.jpg

Still rough not really pulled down and out yet but maybe tonight. **note my garden tie bungee solution for the fan and the scrog around it. That's close to top level Jimmy riggin for me right there lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_031038.jpg
    IMG_20210209_031038.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 27
Back