Sweet Seeds Sweet Trainwreck-SS

I've recently grown White Jem. I got 8 out of 9 that were purple.....lol! And it is some absolutely stellar bud! Potent, sweet tasting and a long lasting high. Ihave not had a pheno type of a strain vary much in potency or bud quality. More likely some environmental factor.

You know I've never liked the dark phenotypes. It seems like whenever I get the alternate phenotype of something that's colored it's actually a denser better quality Bud. Some of the most colorful and interesting looking plants ended up being kind of light and airy for me.

I wonder if @pop22 has noticed this? I think he breeds.

I like the buzz I get from purple weed, I like indica. My set up is fine, I use Advanced Nutrients, the plants grow and bud perfectly, BUT they never smell like anything and after I hang and jar them, they are not dense at all and the weed doesnt turn out right. I have boiled it down to genetics, so this current grow is Mephisto-there should be no excuse. What puzzles me is that the plants turn out awesome, but after the weed is dried, it doesnt meet expectation. Any thoughts?
Thats strange I used Advanced Nutrients, I haven't really ever had problem with aroma any airy plants I have gotten, usually sativa's but maybe only 1 or 2 were airy and both I blame myself. Anytime my buds are dense during flower, end of flower they will return to dense about 7-9 days after being in jars during that time the aroma changes 4 or 5 times, from super dank at harvest and next following 2 days after harvest, then smell will fade off a bit and get grassy aroma after 2 days or so terps start coming out from buds and pretty much every day after that they should get stronger and stronger in aroma to what your plant had in late flower usually. Do you happen to use hydrometer so you know how much moisture is inside your jars? if too much or not enough you may have zero aroma,very possible usually thats a cure problem and not genetics related. how often do you burp your jars while curing? also do you hang your plants in dark area while they drying? It's important they stay in dark area while drying No fans blowing at them or even towards them, they will dry prematurely. don't use fans at all during drying. don't put them into jars until about 7-10 days and depending if they dry to touch and I do kinda right before stalk snaps, mine will bend and almost snap I can tell from feel at that point they go into jars. I leave closed for 4-5hours open 20-30 mins cap , then not open again till next day. after 3rd day I only open once every other day after 10 day every 3-4 days. if your having problems get a meter will will help keep ya where you need to be. they are super cheap too.

Last edited:
This is my fifth grow, of many different strains and it's happening to all of them- I end up turning it to wax so I can get high off it. I have tried different variations of the cure, this is where I may be going wrong, but it still doesnt explain the lack of smell. I have a lot of faith in Mephisto Genetics though. If these dont work out I will go back to what I know which is photos, but getting good seeds in the USA is difficult.
actually, the cure has everything to do with the aroma/smell that you want to obtain if it's not done properly it will affect taste for sure and effect and denisty of buds not be dried slow enough or putting in jars too dry or too damp, many many factors involved in curing some of the gauges inside your jars will help alot aim for 59-60%. I bet you'll be very happy with your smoke once you get the drying & curing parts down. It takes time to get right.

Certain strain's like Chronic. Must be cured correctly for them to obtain desired aromas & flavors.

Trying to dry my Sweet Trainwreck & Pineapple Express is proving to be very challenging, since my tent still in use it has been very problematic trying keep odor even remotely under control. Actually to the point I had throw them into tent after lights went out, just clear up some of odor. I guess I'll have setup my 4X2 tent later today, before lights come on so I'm able hook my scrubber to both with Y-pipe. no other options I guess, am not sure how else conceal some of these odors without use of scrubber. only decent thing has been weather been cooperating with me so far... I have take extra walks around house just to make sure I am not smelling ANYTHING near house. I take walks anyways to make sure no lights are seen and nothing is heard. The First one wasn't so bad, but I took that one over a week. This is insane, almost 2 full plants hanging, I have approx 3/4 to oz still on Trainwreck, the lowest parts. Them 2 plants I took are on 15 hangers, that is quite a bit of herb, plus what I have left yet and still 1 full plant to go. what a harvest....easy 2+lbs from my 4 plants.

well I fixed the odor problem, I ended up running 6" ducting from my tent to dry cabinet ,sealed off tent to pull from ducting by 3pm yesterday odors 100% gone. House now back to normal. I think them 2 plants gonna take little longer then normal 7-10 days to dry because of the size of them, the main cola on my PE massive & the smaller ones are not much smaller, actually 4 days after chop and that plant still has much drying to go, where-as my TW is much more drier to touch although still has many more days to go. I been trying keep drying area temps around 70-72degree's with 50-60% humidity.

Hey Everyone, here is a shot showing whats left of my Trainwreck. and Shot of my GSC. Enjoy!!:pass::drool::drool::thumbsup::woohoo::smokeout:

IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_2997.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG
IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_3002.JPG

Today we about little past half way through drying, most of buds shrunk as much as they will. Some are very decent size nugs, larger then 500ml water bottles, some even larger then that, the buds go from my wrist to elbow, very decent size. they really never shrunk much, trainwreck no longer tacky to touch. still another 3-4days for drying on this plant. the rest of TW will come down when GSC is ready, whenever that may-be. I think main on PE gonna weigh-in around 2-2.5oz that main is massive, little bigger "wider" then, ever-clear bottle and much longer then it for sure.

Last edited:
Back