The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

Man! It's a damn shame with all your girls looking nice and very healthy! Isn't it strange about how your little mutant turned out? You just never seem to know what they're going to do. I like the surprises they do .......most of the time. I think what keeps some of the interest fired up.

Well.. it was an experiment in the GH this year... so maybee I'll be chopping at Christmas if they are still healthy :rofl:

RM is a very pleasant surprise for sure. Not much of a yield, yet I'm grateful for anything to jar up at this stage :thumbsup:

Phyter will definitely get a test though on the BBgum and the EBB x CS#2 under the tarp. I chopped Green Poison around the 21st of September last year, and lost a few ounces to BR. That was under the tarp without any Phyter. So we shall see ..........

420Forever - update #16
Linda Seedz photo AK Day 137/day 37 of flower :smoking:

20210918_130430.jpg
20210918_130438.jpg

Linda Seedz photo Cheeze Day 132/day 37 of flower :smoking:

20210918_130505.jpg
20210918_130529.jpg

Barney'z Farm photo Mimosa EVO Day 132/day 37 of flower :smoking:

20210918_130552.jpg
20210918_130956.jpg

group pic...
20210918_130355.jpg

sorry, no mantis picz this time...one of em was way up at the tippytop of the ak where i couldn't exactly get to it to get a good pic, and the other one was in hiding, so...:shrug: the od growtrain rollz on, choo-choo! :headbang: ppp

Sorry I’m mistaken.. it would appear weed and praying Mantis are rather common around these parts :crying:
From what I have read about the mantis is that they actually actively seek out marijuana. I have a few out in my garden and an egg or shell whatever it is with babies on my Bruce Lemon Diesel plant the babies are funny looking almost clear and very tiny.... The lady bugs have been crazy this year also helping out a ton keeping the plants clean and healthy.... Ive had tons of predator bugs this year out in the garden helping out...

update Shiva 9/18
Hey everyone!
I've missed everyone's updates lately --- busy busy busy.
Here's the last little Twenty20 Mendocino Auto Go-Go girl I took down a day or two ago.
Had a little BR at the end, coz of the rain and cooling English weather.
Lost maybe 25%.
But the rest is drying now.
Good perfume on her, stinks up the house if she dries inside!
20210915_144507.jpg

Now I need to go back and read everyone's bud-pic updates!!!

update hazey 9/19
@Waira UPDATE #11 Oh Lordy! The Venom OG is buckling under the weight of the blooms .. had a look with a scope all trichomes cloudy and a little amber too …so it may come down a little earlier than expected

CD1645A5-CAB8-4E04-A47C-26D642E6DA72.jpeg

87DE1363-C0A0-442D-A9BD-837ABABC7496.jpeg

The White Runtz still has a ways to go, smells like candy

53342BBA-70B2-41B6-AD21-EDB78D640302.jpeg

91892592-5688-4E8F-B063-3B8AADDD0287.jpeg

Happy growing and good luck, the finish line is in sight :pass:

update Bill 9/19
REGULAR UPDATE
DAY 110 FROM SPROUT
La Buena Hierba Seeds
Asian Haze Fem

Waira

She's coming along nicely. Did cut some rot this morning. It was the top cola that I didn't cut enough off of previous rot earlier. That may be bad for some, but if Phyter hadn't been used, it would have spread a hell of a lot more. It was still small, it just was on the stem, so off it went.
I haven't bothered with the scope yet with all the really active bud growth. I'll but it out for this girl next weekend.

I'm still inclined to say Oct1. That's just over 120 days. Possibility of rain Tuesday, with the weather shifting cooler with lows in the low to mid 50s and highs in the 80s and the humidity in the low to mid 40s and full sun. Looks like a good finish is possible. Hopefully the lower night temps won't slow her too much.

It's just water, spray Phyter and watch closely until chop! I'm ready as hell! LOL!
IMG_20210918_192926776.jpg
IMG_20210918_193036848.jpg
IMG_20210918_193332231.jpg
IMG_20210918_193345470.jpg
IMG_20210918_193407052.jpg

ok ok, my turn! :jump: :smoking: ppp

View attachment 1368028
Wow, you have dual leaf monsters on patrol! Best keep'm away from each other, they love to dine on their kind :crisps: :rofl:

I'm still thinking Oct1 ballpark. Forecast shows 3 more days of 90s with Monday have a heat index of 100. That all changes Tuesday! Fall will be on time on Wednesday, Possible rain with a front on Tuesday, but none for 7 days. Temps will be mid 80s with lows of low to mid 50s with humidity in the 40s until 27th when it cracks 60% with mostly sun during that time.

Maybe things are lining up for a good finish to this girl. Lows in the 50s isn't gonna cause any problems with this girl, right?
Still can't get a handle on her smell. Still a very pleasant sweet citrus, with a touch o pinene. I get a creamy impression when shake her and sniff her.
Yup, sounds like a good window for harvest Bill :thumbsup:... Not too hot, which drives off the terp's, but more importantly is what your indoor ambient T/RH% will be during this crucial drying stage.

That dairy aroma, it's fairly common I find on fresh buds, but usually doesn't last... I'm not sure which terp(s) is behind that? But some hold onto it nicely, last year Mimosa Champagne was berry yogurt candy aroma through cure (damn nice cultivar BTW; Female Seeds).... This pheno' of Garlicane is similar, definite dairy-fruity, which is more like her Slurricane parent I believe,... yum!

Photo update

La nina or El nino or whatever it is, not so good for weather here. Storms are stacked and rolling in ... high's in the 50's to low 60's, with night temperatures in the 40's. It is wat it is.....

EBBxCS in the greenhouse is not early nor fast.. been in flower 2 months now and still mainly white pistils. Lack of photons is me hunch.
A definite factor mate, low T's, less Sun hours and intensity,... we are fighting on a downward curve now at this point in Seasons!
The mixed genetics, while in theory should equate to vert fast, sometimes doesn't live up to billing! I know there are some CS pheno's that lean more Sativa, and they are not any faster than a normal photo. :shrug: Like the MC mentioned above, that's a full photo, no mixed auto in her like some of Females crosses (not "FV's" per se), she was done in 6 weeks!
A good experiment going on my side, with the same cross and that extra NMKOG, which currently are very close in development. 'KOG is a 8-9 week bloomer...

The Cookies FV and BBG are a bit of a mystery for their progress,... I dunno Kyote, with all of them save RM, putting along, it makes me wonder about your grow conditions, and no small amount of bad luck? :doh: ... Next season, maybe consider trying long cycle auto's mostly or entirely.... Plenty of time to research, and folks like T20M Adam here have some great candidates already. He's mentioned that most of their auto's were bred for longer cycle/higher yield by demand of local commercial growers, only now after seeing more of the home market here is he going to start angling for more speedy crosses.In fact, I'm going to ask him if he'll sponsor some prize seeds for us! After the Sweet shit-show, I'm not sanguine about tapping into them anymore,...

Speaking of which, RM is a calendar girl- :drool:... She's right on point!

Oh Lordy! The Venom OG is buckling under the weight of the blooms .. had a look with a scope all trichomes cloudy and a little amber too …so it may come down a little earlier than expected
She looked juicy last time, getting close.... All the better if she's a fast end-stage finisher, had a few of those myself, can catch ya by surprize sometimes!
How's her aroma Hazey?
The White Runtz still has a ways to go, smells like candy
as expected :thumbsup:... dude, wait 'til you see the GhostDawg Haze x BubbaTrouble, her buds/structure looks very similar to the WR... short stubby pistils, compacted build in buds,...weirdly similar! ....pics coming tomorrow...

A definite factor mate, low T's, less Sun hours and intensity,... we are fighting on a downward curve now at this point in Seasons!
The mixed genetics, while in theory should equate to vert fast, sometimes doesn't live up to billing! I know there are some CS pheno's that lean more Sativa, and they are not any faster than a normal photo. :shrug: Like the MC mentioned above, that's a full photo, no mixed auto in her like some of Females crosses (not "FV's" per se), she was done in 6 weeks!
A good experiment going on my side, with the same cross and that extra NMKOG, which currently are very close in development. 'KOG is a 8-9 week bloomer...

The Cookies FV and BBG are a bit of a mystery for their progress,... I dunno Kyote, with all of them save RM, putting along, it makes me wonder about your grow conditions, and no small amount of bad luck? :doh: ... Next season, maybe consider trying long cycle auto's mostly or entirely.... Plenty of time to research, and folks like T20M Adam here have some great candidates already. He's mentioned that most of their auto's were bred for longer cycle/higher yield by demand of local commercial growers, only now after seeing more of the home market here is he going to start angling for more speedy crosses.In fact, I'm going to ask him if he'll sponsor some prize seeds for us! After the Sweet shit-show, I'm not sanguine about tapping into them anymore,...

Speaking of which, RM is a calendar girl- :drool:... She's right on point!

The gh was an experiment here this year.,, and it'z a no go unless i LAG it, which I don't think I will do. I'll keep em going until they give up, or finish, or rot to hell :rofl:

The BBgum that wasn't an auto is a full out photo, along with the EBBCS #2. Same with them, keep hitting them with Phyter and see what the outcome is... today, it's 57F as I type with cloudy skies n showers.. so RH is high as well. Phyter is really getting a test on those for sure. :thumbsup:

And yep, SS shit show is accurate description.

Red Mandarine is a looker, that'z for sure. I'll have some shotz of her to use for sure.

End of the season last year, I said no more photos here, but thought i'd give em another go.. if they are true FV's, seems i can get them to finish, ie green poison and red mandarine.. butz will see what i come up with for a grow space next year. Looking at expanding the tarp space and adding a fan or two, which i think would give me a few extra weeks at least. That's next year though.

I keep wanting to start a few autos indoors, buts don't want to piss off the photos outdoors. Don't want them to think I gave up on em. :frowny:

RM will go down soon, next Sunday at the latest.. so there will be one bird in hand soon! Appreciate that! :d5:

It does look like a nice window. I think she'll finish well
I'll dry a few buds in paper bags. but she's going with the other girl for making hash. I'll make a few temple balls and squish a bunch of the hash.

Back