The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

update kyote 9/25
@Waira

Photo update

Down to 3 now.... Red Mandarine is drying, and EBB x CS in the greenhouse is compost. Red Mandarine received a clean bill of health when chopped. Weekly Phyter treatments kept it free of mold.
cfv 9-24a.jpg

EBB xCS#2
ebbxcs#2 9-24.jpg

ebbxcs#2 9-24a.jpg

Blackberry Gum - A bit more room now with RM chopped. Opened BBG up a it more with stakes and tie downs.
bbg 9-24.jpg

bbg 9-23.jpg

At this stage, I really don't think any of these three will actually finish, but I'm in, untl they get chopped for whatever reason. All of the remaining plants are receiving the Phyter treatment. Cookies gets sprayed the best I can due to her bulk. EBB & BBG being much smaller, are much easier to spray, as each individual branch is sprayed with no problem.

Ok, see ya next week, one way or the other, hopefully with 3 plants still plugging along.

Oh wow!! I found my pick!!! I’m partial to the purple undersides though reminds me of my first purple kush cross which is No more.

Garlicane huh.. that’s beautiful
I can’t stop looking at this

I don’t think the haze will finish mid October... unless it’s like golf ball nug haze
Thanks Mo', this was bought from an indie breeder who spent the big$$ on the original In House Genetics seeds and fem/repro'ed them- :thumbsup: - otherwise, I'd have never had the chance to try it!

I've looked at GLH before, she was borderline for speed for me, and that's still pheno' dependent! If she comes in OK, you'll have some excellent soaring buzz stuff...
That Frizzy looks very crusty, nice work on her mate :d5: .... interesting parent, Pyrenese Hashplant ...!

It's a tough call for those who love their Sati's, and I'm one of them! I'm taking a gamble myself on rare private breeder cross this year, The Doors x Orig. Haze... This guy worked multiple Haze lines from various sources looking for his Holy Grail Sati' (and the unique high she offers), and one great side result was this cross. Doors has a little Skunk#1 and NL5 in it, OHz is the olde founding mama/'papa genetics from a well kept source. Ordinarily Haze's are loooong cycle bloomers, 120++ days, even crosses tend to be very long still. This DOHz is a happy accident for sure, she's a proven 9-10 finisher, the only reason I could even consider trying it!
They are not in the Comp for this reason, too risky and late, but they are both off to a great start at month 1 bloom... encouraging speed!
dohz6.jpg
dohz1.jpg
dohz7.jpg
dohz3.jpg

Last edited:
Waira
REGULAR UPDATE
La Buena Hierba Asian Haze

DAY 117
Buds are coming along nicely. Only one small bit of rot and that was caused by a spider. Don't have many spiders since there's no prey bugs! :biggrin:
She didn't like the 47*F morning low this week. It took her a little longer to finish up the rez. It did add to her end of life fade a little. Still vigorous bud development. Colas are getting the heavy sway when shook or blown.

Weather on Wed. will take a bit of a downturn with humidity, but still good day temps ans mild lows in the 60s. Looks like the weather will be the deciding factor if rot tries to set in. I don't think it will with the coverage of the Phyter I maintain every other day. With these conditions, I don't feel safe letting it go for a longer period between spraying.
IF I get to let the trichs ripen well, I'm gonna take her at some amber on the bud itself. Should make some REALLY good hash and I'm sure the rosin will be one of those 'hit ya behind the eyes' dabs. I noticed it really hit my auditory part of my brain. At first, I thought it was a fluke, so I packed my vape again with some of the little Haze. Same effect. Not racy at all. Should be a good day smoke. If I get the Elephant in, canna coffee with that for pain and some Asian Haze hash to keep me active.
I'll see tomorrow if she picked back up on her water usage.

Kinda on that water use..............I do think that EB girls do develop essentially two root systems where one mainly is for water uptake with the big fat roots and the other that is mainly for the uptake of nutes. Root structures are different. Roots in the rez are big fat roots and the nute roots are fine and thin.
I think this lets the girl uptake and find nute as needed. She's not forced to uptake nutes while getting the water it needs that's driven by the VPD. I know I probably topdress too often, and I have been hitting that pretty heavy with nutes. and some hormones.........aminos, FFJ, SST, Blue Gold flower, brewed teas with kelp and alfalfa. To keep with this modded KNF and keep the two systems separate and nutes out of the rez, the liquid nutes are mixed with compost into a slurry. This helps keep nutes out of the rez. There's a pretty good sized bank with LOTS of nutes in it. Once I get both systems established, I continue to examine the root structure in the top layers. As the grow continues and the top dressings accumulate, the fine search roots don't make it to the surface like I've seen in my and others grow that don't develop the two root systems. And this is with top moisture levels high enough to support this. They begin to appear about a half inch down and it has been this way the entire grow. I think this supports my theory that the two root system lets the girl take the nutes it needs at that point in it's life. The roots are moving into the topdressings as it needs to do.

I might be totally off on this, but I think my observations back my theory.

Anyway.......This sure as hell wouldn't be possible without Phyter! I'm sure of that. This upcoming week will be a VERY good test

IMG_20210926_092726120.jpg
IMG_20210926_092710589.jpg
IMG_20210926_092638733.jpg
IMG_20210926_092621811.jpg

Last edited:
Almost chop day! My Mazar i Sharif is about ready and it's suppose to be cool and rainy all day tomorrow, a perfect recipe for bud rot! I've already removed about 8 bud with bud rot. Took a smaple bud a few days ago and, she's good! I was hoping to get another week but I'm not risking her, I've lost a 1/3 of my crop before, waiting too long! The other Mazar looks to have 2-3 weeks to go, hoping she doesn't get bud rot too badly if so, I'll chop her and make hash from her after trimming the bad buds off.

These pics are from about 4 days ago

Mazar pic1 -9-21-2021.jpg
Mazar pic2 -9-21-2021.jpg
Mazar pic3 -9-21-2021.jpg

Holy
Almost chop day! My Mazar i Sharif is about ready and it's suppose to be cool and rainy all day tomorrow, a perfect recipe for bud rot! I've already removed about 8 bud with bud rot. Took a smaple bud a few days ago and, she's good! I was hoping to get another week but I'm not risking her, I've lost a 1/3 of my crop before, waiting too long! The other Mazar looks to have 2-3 weeks to go, hoping she doesn't get bud rot too badly if so, I'll chop her and make hash from her after trimming the bad buds off.

These pics are from about 4 days ago

View attachment 1371479View attachment 1371480View attachment 1371481
Nice job that is freaking amazing

Waira
REGULAR UPDATE
La Buena Hierba Asian Haze

DAY 117
Buds are coming along nicely. Only one small bit of rot and that was caused by a spider. Don't have many spiders since there's no prey bugs! :biggrin:
She didn't like the 47*F morning low this week. It took her a little longer to finish up the rez. It did add to her end of life fade a little. Still vigorous bud development. Colas are getting the heavy sway when shook or blown.

Weather on Wed. will take a bit of a downturn with humidity, but still good day temps ans mild lows in the 60s. Looks like the weather will be the deciding factor if rot tries to set in. I don't think it will with the coverage of the Phyter I maintain every other day. With these conditions, I don't feel safe letting it go for a longer period between spraying.
IF I get to let the trichs ripen well, I'm gonna take her at some amber on the bud itself. Should make some REALLY good hash and I'm sure the rosin will be one of those 'hit ya behind the eyes' dabs. I noticed it really hit my auditory part of my brain. At first, I thought it was a fluke, so I packed my vape again with some of the little Haze. Same effect. Not racy at all. Should be a good day smoke. If I get the Elephant in, canna coffee with that for pain and some Asian Haze hash to keep me active.
I'll see tomorrow if she picked back up on her water usage.

Kinda on that water use..............I do think that EB girls do develop essentially two root systems where one mainly is for water uptake with the big fat roots and the other that is mainly for the uptake of nutes. Root structures are different. Roots in the rez are big fat roots and the nute roots are fine and thin.
I think this lets the girl uptake and find nute as needed. She's not forced to uptake nutes while getting the water it needs that's driven by the VPD. I know I probably topdress too often, and I have been hitting that pretty heavy with nutes. and some hormones.........aminos, FFJ, SST, Blue Gold flower, brewed teas with kelp and alfalfa. To keep with this modded KNF and keep the two systems separate and nutes out of the rez, the liquid nutes are mixed with compost into a slurry. This helps keep nutes out of the rez. There's a pretty good sized bank with LOTS of nutes in it. Once I get both systems established, I continue to examine the root structure in the top layers. As the grow continues and the top dressings accumulate, the fine search roots don't make it to the surface like I've seen in my and others grow that don't develop the two root systems. And this is with top moisture levels high enough to support this. They begin to appear about a half inch down and it has been this way the entire grow. I think this supports my theory that the two root system lets the girl take the nutes it needs at that point in it's life. The roots are moving into the topdressings as it needs to do.

I might be totally of o this, but I think my observations back my theory.

Anyway.......This sure as hell wouldn't be possible without Phyter! I'm sure of that. This upcoming week will be a VERY good test

View attachment 1371472View attachment 1371471View attachment 1371470View attachment 1371469
Wow there looking great

2 years ago, I topped my raised beds with 3 inches of horse manure compost. The last 2 years these raised beds have produced phenomenally! I have 4 cherry tomato plants in there that have produced at least five gallons of tomatoes! Yes I'm very pleased with this girl!

Holy

Nice job that is freaking amazing

2 years ago, I topped my raised beds with 3 inches of horse manure compost. The last 2 years these raised beds have produced phenomenally! I have 4 cherry tomato plants in there that have produced at least five gallons of tomatoes! Yes I'm very pleased with this girl!
And so you should be, she looks great have you chopped her yet?

Horse manure is a very valuable ingredient in an organic program, especially from race horses. I have no idea how many tons of it I've hauled while at my farm. I was very lucky to have several stables close to me, with two being commercial.
Pound for pound..............rabbit!

Back