The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

I finally got that rain I've been waiting for. 3 days of good showers. I still need to get my last 2 auto entries in here officially with cards. They have all popped the surface of the grow medium. Im pretty excited to see how the auto's do in the fabric pots with my indoor promix set up under the sun!
The potted outdoor auto's. It will be nice being able to move these around and not have them stuck in one spot last year I had a few I planted in some not so good area's and were stuck there. Im learning the garden a bit more every year though...
:thumbsup: rain, we can only dream of that now... CA is going to be a shit show for fire season again!

I've not run ProMix before, though I started using it for the carnivore plants... I imagine it'll dry fast outside in fabric pots though!
I see few upsides to in-ground auto's, good sized pots are better for many reasons...
>>> ah! Excellent, the stanky & frosty girls Grape Chz and WMN! :d5: .... Duke seems to not be bothered much by the cold spell :thumbsup:
The photo girls look fantastic, they are off to a butt-kicker start my man!:coffee:

@Waira No fusion or hardware. Just drilling and repairing L3/L4. Doing well on the sly :thumbsup: Looks like my gelato reg might be male.. I'm down to my Bigfoot Glue for a photo this year but I'm starting a few Raspberry Parfait fems for a different comp here in PNW.
That's some good news mate! Just be nice to it for a while longer,...:rolleyes2:
-- bugger on the male Gelato, but the RP's are welcome to join this Comp' too if you fancy!

I'm pretty sure the RM and BBBG3xCS will bounce back once they get settled in a bit. If not, well that's that. I"ve got a Seedstockers Cookies FV photo going as well that is thriving. I couldn't enter it in here as it's in the Seedstockers contest grow.

If I waited for ideal conditions to transplant outside, it might not ever happen here :rofl:
I'm sure too mate! The BBGG3x is right at home in Canada, the mama's native homelands :biggrin: ... CS is one of Females outdoor recommended cultivars, she's a good bit of auto herself...
RM showed good vigor even in the cool T's and foggy days here...

:peek: defending auto champ enterz room...:eyebrows: crowd goez wild :yay: )

ok, my turn, my turn! :jump: :cooldance:
:woohoo1:'bout time! :pighug: ...dewd, I'll take all the help I can get for the Comp, please! Because of the way the Threadmark ordering works, and to make it consistent with reading and such, try to enter info as: update/entry/etc; (name); date
This helps us work the Threadmark gig more easily when time comes to do so....

:vibe: 1 more week guys, and I'll get my photo's going! I have a bunch of starter cups for a couple friends in germ' mode now, then I'll send them off to their new homes and get my crew kickin'!
Looks like one more last minute change in the line-up... After some chatting elsewhere, the Colmb.Diesel/I95 x New Lime is getting bumped for New Killer Malawi x Orange Glue; JellySickle getting bumped for Garlicane...
I've wanted to try an ACE Malawi cross for a while now, this one made and tested very well by the private breeder... lab tests show exceptional potency!
Cumulative feedback on Garlicane and JS had me change my mind.. JS isn't as fruity as expected by all reports, and Garlicane is showing some wild funky terp' profiles and superior potency....
Looks like I'm sticking with the BlueBonic/Gorilla Gold 3 x S99v4 (auto) just to see how this F1 cross shakes out!

:thumbsup: rain, we can only dream of that now... CA is going to be a shit show for fire season again!

I've not run ProMix before, though I started using it for the carnivore plants... I imagine it'll dry fast outside in fabric pots though!
I see few upsides to in-ground auto's, good sized pots are better for many reasons...
>>> ah! Excellent, the stanky & frosty girls Grape Chz and WMN! :d5: .... Duke seems to not be bothered much by the cold spell :thumbsup:
The photo girls look fantastic, they are off to a butt-kicker start my man!:coffee:

That's some good news mate! Just be nice to it for a while longer,...:rolleyes2:
-- bugger on the male Gelato, but the RP's are welcome to join this Comp' too if you fancy!

I'm sure too mate! The BBGG3x is right at home in Canada, the mama's native homelands :biggrin: ... CS is one of Females outdoor recommended cultivars, she's a good bit of auto herself...
RM showed good vigor even in the cool T's and foggy days here...

:woohoo1:'bout time! :pighug: ...dewd, I'll take all the help I can get for the Comp, please! Because of the way the Threadmark ordering works, and to make it consistent with reading and such, try to enter info as: update/entry/etc; (name); date
This helps us work the Threadmark gig more easily when time comes to do so....

:vibe: 1 more week guys, and I'll get my photo's going! I have a bunch of starter cups for a couple friends in germ' mode now, then I'll send them off to their new homes and get my crew kickin'!
Looks like one more last minute change in the line-up... After some chatting elsewhere, the Colmb.Diesel/I95 x New Lime is getting bumped for New Killer Malawi x Orange Glue; JellySickle getting bumped for Garlicane...
I've wanted to try an ACE Malawi cross for a while now, this one made and tested very well by the private breeder... lab tests show exceptional potency!
Cumulative feedback on Garlicane and JS had me change my mind.. JS isn't as fruity as expected by all reports, and Garlicane is showing some wild funky terp' profiles and superior potency....
Looks like I'm sticking with the BlueBonic/Gorilla Gold 3 x S99v4 (auto) just to see how this F1 cross shakes out!

"garlicane"....that name :rofl: :doh:

as for threadmarkz, i alwayz jus put me name & update#...no need to put date, cuz the main threadmark list is listed chronologically by date anyway, so....jus sayin ;) ppp

Well Mother Nature is on time in my area. Last year today is when I planted my in ground plants and The same weather this year. All of the previous nights we had frost warnings but no frost.
The last Northern Lights plants that I grew indoors were the easiest plants to grow that I have grown. They were just happy fast finishers so that's my reasoning for the selection. My photo plant last year went to mid October.
The other surrounding plants are tomato, pepper, and marigolds Happy Farming :coffee:

Attachments

• 100_1508.JPG
    100_1508.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 28
Hey @Waira i’ll get a official cam shot of them when they break ground I transplanted the gelato so let’s see what happens fingers crossed. Bigfoot glue is stretchiest lil sprout so if that’s any indicator it could be 25gal monster. The heat here has been welcomed and like I thought the garden is launching and the autos are looking really good! The Bigfoot Mycorrhizae is making a difference.

"garlicane"....that name :rofl: :doh:
In House Genetics made this, fantastic breeders- :thumbsup: ....A mate oversea's made fem's and shared a few with me :woohoo1:... it's GMO (ChemD' x GSC) x Slurricane (Do-Si-Dos x Purple Punch)... The pics have been amazing, showing a fair spread of funky aroma combos... I got sample nugg, which had an interesting savory/meaty aroma, dash of fruity and woods... loved the potency and high, good relaxing time social stuff!

no need to put date, cuz the main threadmark list is listed chronologically by date anyway, so....jus sayin ;) ppp
...chronologically yes, but not dated and that's how I'm keeping track of when last updates were made by a given grower,... Saves a ton of page hunting!

update Shiva 6/1
Shiva's Mistress: Guerilla Auto Anarchy in the UK

2021/05/30: Day 12 from sprouting (Day 17 from germ)

UK weather has picked up, now with sunshine and day temps 20+C, even up to 25C.
So I've been putting them outside during the day to harden off.
20210530 Shiva's Mistress SS Auto AK, BG, SF.jpg

Top right: Auto Blackberry Gum
Bottom right: Auto Sticky Fingers
Bottom left: Auto AK420
Top left: possibly some sweet peppers...

2021/06/01: Day 14 from sprouting (Day 19 from germ)

And a couple of days later, sitting inside still in the morning sunny window.
20210601 Shiva's Mistress SS Auto AK, BG, SF.jpg

Top right: Auto Blackberry Gum
Bottom right: a sweet pepper finally popped!
Bottom left: Auto AK420
Top left: Auto Sticky Fingers

@Waira -- may be the last of the regular posts before sending to the great wild outdoors...

Lots of love and hugs,
~MJS
:love:

In my first post I said Linda seeds Mazar Kush xxl auto and banana punch, well I am 0/2 on both strains germinating. Will probably replace them with something else that did pop the soil.

Is it to late to join @Waira if so hook me up,
I've got a cash crop from cream of the crop
Germinated on the 12.05.21 so bout two weeks old , many thanks

jus read the rulez in post #1, make up a code entry card & u'll be in like flint :thumbsup: ppp

update Sky 6/1
Update #3
Photoperiod Strains: Banana Papaya, High Society & Purple Afghan Kush
Approximately 60 days old.

a tire smokin' start Sky! ... will you transplant them up once more later? I think they will need to with all the veg-time ahead yet!
You bet. Here they are now, potted up in their 10 gallon RainScience Grow Bags. Medium is Soil King's Big Rootz amended with a bit of this and that (azomite, dolomite, worn casings, lobster compost, mycos, and perlite).

That Kush is a Beauty!
Thanks Pop. My wife's favorite color is purple, and Kush is her favorite strain family, and she absolutely adored Sweet Seeds "Sweet Afghan Delicious". So when I saw a strain with all 3 words in the name I just knew we had to have some. Unfortunately, of the 5 seeds I got, the 1st 4 failed. So that makes this plant even more special. Hope it survives and lives up to our imagination. :biggrin:

@Kyote - concerning your feelings for the view these plants get ... let me just say, sometimes an ocean view becomes way too intimate. We just finished two straight days of a full-on Nor'easter. That's New England jargon for "gale force winds loaded with salt water". Had I not carried these babies inside for the duration, they would all be dead now -- instantly tuned into a googy black moldy mass. I just worry that as they get bigger I may not be able to carry them in for every storm. The six-month 2021 Atlantic hurricane season begins today, June 1st.

61.all b.jpg
61.BP.jpg
61.HS.jpg
61.Pak.jpg

Back