The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

Chitin/chitase (enzyme) stimulates the SAR response (systemic acquired resistance), basically a red alert to the plant telling it that something is munching on it so time to ramp up defenses,... Trich's are, mainly, a defensive/protective structure on many kinds of plants...
....bug frass (turds) can do this (contain chitin/-ase), so does aspirin (I tinker with this myself) with contains salicylic acid, the hormone responsible for SAR response.

Bill, I'm stoked you got going on the Phyter when you did, even with such a short treatment time, it should help! That, and the Sati'/Thai side has good mold resistance from where they grow natively, and the more open bud structure. If that was a hard-bud Affy landrace-type, she'd be a pool for grey slime by now!

I'll have to tug Adam's ear about the "F1FV" types, obviously not for sale per se, but he's clearly game for letting volunteers try something in development out!
This Bisquik I have now isn't near release yet, but I was stoked to get it to try based on the grow-outs they had of it so far- :thumbsup: ... it's a longer cycle type in most pheno's, so he said they will work on speed in following F-gen's....

Panik (RGS) is on another forum I'm at, so I can ask him anything you like about cultivars if you fancy...
I'm not sanguine about some Skunks and Affy crosses for mold resistance, best inquire about specifics,... That said, Female Seeds Skunk Special did hold up well for me though, and she's very fast! Outstanding aroma too, I got the fruity-lemon PEZ smelling one, not the stanky pheno',...

:greenthumb::smokeout:... looking stellar Sky, and I'm glad I'm not alone in staring at a weirdly late bloom season! :doh:
I'm a bit concerned actually, Oct. can be dicey for weather here, and seems likely it'll be mid-late Oct before I'm done...
I hope weather holds for you as well,... next year, maybe look into Phyter/RotBlock to try out... Meantime, you'll get a preview right here! Jean and GTG have been using it to good effect so far,...

:drool: ... what you saved looks killer my friend! Pic your girl for the polls, and put the pics in the Depot thread I made please...
Do you run a PC? Can you do some editing with Paint? If not, I can crop and rotate the dry bud pic for entry if you like,...
That would be awesome as I’m on cell exclusively. I may be able to rotate with edit on my iPhone. And I’ll post them in the depot thread.

@Waira where am I posting final pics for the auto's ? I finally got my dry pic for the girl I plan on entering just not sure where to post it up at...

update Mo' 8/21
Limping this to the finish line... still haven’t picked one.. giving the pot just water didn’t pan too well for the later finishing ones
But I may pick the tall one on right ...
Just no real weight to them yet...
image.jpg

As for photos..
Not bad for 5gal fabric pots...
image.jpg

Looking like I need to bump their feed up
Kicked it up to 1.5ec ... water then raise again I think... gonna push em

Last edited:
update Kyote 8/21
@Waira

Cookies FV, no flip yet :eek1:

cfv 8-20.jpg

EBB X CS started showing trichomes this week :thumbsup:
ebbcs 8-20.jpg

EBB X CS #2 no flip yet.. about 5 feet tall. Cute little bush.
ebbcs#2 8-21.jpg

Blackberry Gum.. no flip yet.. A lot of pruning on this one to keep the structure open. I like to be able to see through the bush easily.
bbg 8-31.jpg

And Red Mandarine mutie .. doing well, building buds.. glad i didn't cull her a couple months ago
rm 8-21.jpg

That be it for this week grofolks :d5:

@Waira where am I posting final pics for the auto's ? I finally got my dry pic for the girl I plan on entering just not sure where to post it up at...
I set up a Pic Depot in this Sticky Section, just post'm there please!

Cookies FV, no flip yet :eek1:
:yoinks: still! So much for the bloody FV part, ay? :doh: ...might be she's a stubborn trigger like some of mine are! It may take until light hours are around 13hrs,...hopefully she'll live up to the name in bloom speed, but then this is a pretty unproven FV. who knows how well worked for pheno's it was...
But then your BBG misfire auto and the smaller EBBxCS haven't switched yet either, so it's more confirmation of a real WTF year for bloom triggering! :shrug::nono:

I'm glad you kept the mutie RM- :rofl: -- and she's showing true to her performance characteristics!

>>> Update for me <<<

This season is waaaay wonky for bloom triggering, 3rd week Aug. and still some aren't going yet, others just barely showing signs :wall:
I did not anticipate a season ending late Oct or later! I'll just have to cross my fingers and see if some of these bloom quicker....:goodluck:

Garlicane >>>
gar1.jpg
gar2.jpg

Cherry WiFi >>>
cwf1.jpg
cwf2.jpg
cwf3.jpg

ChemD/SDHaze semi-auto >>>
lbh1.jpg
lbh3.jpg

:yoinks: still! So much for the bloody FV part, ay? :doh: ...might be she's a stubborn trigger like some of mine are! It may take until light hours are around 13hrs,...hopefully she'll live up to the name in bloom speed, but then this is a pretty unproven FV. who knows how well worked for pheno's it was...
But then your BBG misfire auto and the smaller EBBxCS haven't switched yet either, so it's more confirmation of a real WTF year for bloom triggering! :shrug::nono:

I'm glad you kept the mutie RM- :rofl: -- and she's showing true to her performance characteristics!

Right? Cookies looks like she wants to flip, while Blackberry and EBB #2 aren't showing any movement towards flip. :shrug:

And yep, I am stoked about RM and the other EBB, as there will be something to go in jars this fall. I was thinking today to move the BBG into the gh when the EBB in there gets the chop. Probably end of September or so. Phyter is definitely going to get a trial by fire this fall.

What i grow in the summer is my main medicine source for the year, as my indoor game is pitiful. So here's to pulling these off, for all of us!
:cheers:

LOL! Did the little plastic cabinet bust up?
Oh ya the misses destroyed that one like 4 years ago... it was the bearded dragons hot tub before this lol

>>> Update for me <<<

This season is waaaay wonky for bloom triggering, 3rd week Aug. and still some aren't going yet, others just barely showing signs :wall:
I did not anticipate a season ending late Oct or later! I'll just have to cross my fingers and see if some of these bloom quicker....:goodluck:

Garlicane >>>
View attachment 1357905View attachment 1357906

Cherry WiFi >>>
View attachment 1357907View attachment 1357908View attachment 1357909

ChemD/SDHaze semi-auto >>>
View attachment 1357910View attachment 1357911
sexy!!
I got a trick up my sleeve for next years competition... lol
Right? Cookies looks like she wants to flip, while Blackberry and EBB #2 aren't showing any movement towards flip. :shrug:

And yep, I am stoked about RM and the other EBB, as there will be something to go in jars this fall. I was thinking today to move the BBG into the gh when the EBB in there gets the chop. Probably end of September or so. Phyter is definitely going to get a trial by fire this fall.

What i grow in the summer is my main medicine source for the year, as my indoor game is pitiful. So here's to pulling these off, for all of us!
:cheers:
Let’s get it boys!!
Kick some ass!!

you’ll be a Cookie Monster in no time

WEEKLY UPDATE
Yeah, Quite the test! I've had high 90's and both keep on truckin'!
Funny thing with the 15 gal pot. I knew we were in for a rain, so I made the cover and it served its purpose quite well. I forgot one thing.............fabric pots sitting on soil. :biggrin::haha:
IMG_20210821_085629968_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210821_085648171_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210821_085702832_HDR.jpg

The pot did end up being perfectly watered! LOL! I do need to get some FFJ down her throat to keep her buds going well, but I do have a little bank built up. Still lots of fresh bud growth. Frost is pretty good and bud structure is getting denser, but still open. It looks like it will be a fairly easy trim.

It says quite a lot for the breeder and I do think Phyter is working

Big girl is very healthy. I've taken a few fan leaves and almost all were the very oldest ones. Spread out two more of the very top branches. Wish I had some of those v-notch spreaders. They'd come in handy keeping the top open. I just don't want it to form one big ol cola up there........outside.

Still drinking the rez dry in 48hrs!

IMG_20210821_085527424a_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210821_085540667_HDR.jpg

This was done this morning. I check the girls 3 times a day............lol....at the minimum.

Diligence does pay off. I DID find some bud rot on the smaller Haze on my last check. Not exactly good news, but there is a silver lining of sorts. I'm pretty sure this was a spot that didn't get covered with Phyter, despite the many applications. This was on a bud that was resting on one of the corners of the cage. That one tiny area didn't get coated and it didn't get proper air flow. It was a very tiny area. I'm just lucky I moved that branch and spotted it.

As easy as this damn crap is coming up, I think the Phyter is working. It's gonna take diligence to get these girls to chop.

Back