The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

one winner each for photo & auto ;) ppp

edit: actually, there'z a first, second & third place for each ;)

I gotcha.

Yea that's what I meant.

Cool!

I am really bad at keeping up with posting pics/updates though lol. The past few years, in other forums I'm part of, I usually end up posting pics of my plants the following year when I sow seeds lol. Like I still haven't posted any of the pics of the plants I grew last year lol.

I'm going to try to keep up on it this time around. A little friendly competition sounds fun!

I just might have to get in on this!

I've been growing photos the past several years but this is going to be my very first time growing autos.

I will likely be moving to a different town later this summer so I don't have time to grow any photos this time around. Which is a bummer because there are some photo strains I'd love to grow and I actually have a bit of $ on hand to buy seeds/clones. And I love the big growth of photos.

I'll be growing stuff from Mephisto (Mango Smile, Skywalker, Creme de la Chem, + freebies) and maybe some stuff from Twenty 20 Mendo.

Some will be in 30 gal fabric pots in live/organic soil, others will be directly in the earth (rich sandy loam soil).

I'll be starting them as soon as the seeds arrive, within a week or two.

So this competition/thread is for both autos and photos outdoors, but there will be two separate winners for each?

:smoking: Have a look at the first post here for the rules and such! It's all explained there... :thumbsup:

...I'm thinking that 30gal fabric pot is a typo? :rofl: or are you multi-potting? If so, I'd be careful about who all you put in there, finish times and therefore nutes will be impossible to tinker with if there are significant differences in their maturity...

Out scouting got spots lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_135536.jpg
    IMG_20210429_135536.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210429_135538.jpg
    IMG_20210429_135538.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20210429_135533.jpg
    IMG_20210429_135533.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20210429_135406.jpg
    IMG_20210429_135406.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 48
:smoking: Have a look at the first post here for the rules and such! It's all explained there... :thumbsup:

...I'm thinking that 30gal fabric pot is a typo? :rofl: or are you multi-potting? If so, I'd be careful about who all you put in there, finish times and therefore nutes will be impossible to tinker with if there are significant differences in their maturity...

That's not a typo at all lol. And I'm not putting multiple plants in a pot, each fabric pot will have only one single plant in each.

30gal isn't all that big for an outdoor plant, I consider 30 gallons to be a small/medium sized pot. I'd never want to grow in anything less than 20 gallons.

Granted autos finish up sooner and don't grow as large as photos, it's pretty common for people to use 50 to 100+ gallon pots around my area.

If I'm growing outdoors I prefer to give the plants as much space for their roots to expand as possible. Why restrict the plants potential with a small pot? Bigger the pot, bigger the plant....More soil, more nutrition/resources available to the plant, more space for the roots to expand, cooler soil temperatures.

I'll be putting some directly in the ground too.

Entry MasonJarOG 5/2
Good luck to all contestants this year!!

Okay I have two Photoperiods Strains that will be transplanted to the organic dirt patch:
Bigfoot Glue
Gelato

I have two Auto Strains in 15gal organic soil:
Vanilla Latte
Spotless Mind

B578564E-0138-4F37-AA48-668AD392CEE8.jpeg
6A31F1B6-9205-425C-A2F4-1365249D869D.jpeg
[/CHAT]
C3B9293E-ED6D-418E-B6EC-76C38AB85E38.jpeg
B578564E-0138-4F37-AA48-668AD392CEE8.jpeg
6A31F1B6-9205-425C-A2F4-1365249D869D.jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck to all contestants this year!!

Okay I have two Photoperiods Strains that will be transplanted to the organic dirt patch:
Bigfoot Glue
Gelato

I have two Auto Strains in 15gal organic soil:
Vanilla Latte
Spotless Mind

What breeder does the "Vanilla Latte" come from? Or do you know the parents/genetics of that strain?

The "Bigfoot Glue" is from Humboldt Seed Co, yea?

I haven't grown it myself, but I had some "Bigfoot Glue" flower last year sometime and it was a great smoke! Great piney/sour/earthy aroma & flavor and a really nice high.

@cannalush the VL is also from HSC I’m testing out. Have never grown VL or BFG or seen it first hand but like that it’s mold resistant and from HSC. I’m guessing their autos are going to be larger than most others.

I will also be testing mammoth canncontrol this year for IPM.

entry Jean-O 5/10
One of my photo entries, Ethos Lilac Diesel the seed was dropped in soil around the 1st of April. All of my photo girls have been getting a few hours a day of sunlight getting them acclimated to the outdoor. Im hoping to get them transplanted into the soil here in about a week or so. Looks like about one more week of some lower temps at night then should be good to go....
20210502_160942.jpg

A few of my other photo girls for the outdoor festivities I got some more Ethos going, Banana Daddy, Candy Store, and Big Detroit Energy. I also have a SSCS Bruce Lemon Diesel I was able to get my hands on which is just a seedling I started a week ago, shes getting quite the stretch as did the others being in my auto cab that has been in late flower with the lights at the top of the cab but thigs are never perfect and such is life! Im still hoping to get the sweet seeds beans so I can do a late season potted grow with a FV I selected from them for one of my other 2 spots in the photo section. I think Banana Daddy is going to be my second plant but I filled the card out wrong and too lazy to make a new one Because I Got High lol..... Ill be dropping auto beans here in a week or so and will drop entry cards in on them when I germ...
20210502_161004.jpg
20210502_161009.jpg

@Waira one of my official entries for the photo comp. Im stoked the outdoor season is upon us again! Can't wait to see all those outdoor beauties busting big again this year!

Back