Best strains for anxiety?

I work as an electrician and there were many night were Id experience doubts about whether id tightened a termination securely etc .It would give me immense anxiety.Never have I returned to find a mistake. As a result of this anxiety though Ive used cannabis for years to help me sleep.
Fairly sure no one wants to hear this but almost 4 weeks ago I stopped and almost as if by magic my anxiety has disappeared. I still used CBD but have eliminated THC strains from my daily intake. Its working wonders. I do wonder if cannabis was infact causing the anxiety. I only ever used after 9pm when relaxing at home and then only a light vape or mild edible.
It does coincide with giving up eggs as I'd read that the Choline in yoke can cause some overthinking issues.
Its perfectly possible that eggs were the culprit.
Im not telling anyone what they should do and simply passing on my experience.

Thought it worth sharing.

Yes

I’ve heard somebody mention Thai strains helps with anxiety. Hmmm you got me drooling.

which blueberry do you like auto form ?
My friend and I flushed about an ounce of thai weed down the toilet years ago in Bangkok due to insane paranoia. Hardly say it helped with anxiety lol

Honestly I think it's more to do with how ripe the resin is you want it really over ripened and maybe CBD dominant. Thca to THC to cbn is the conversion CBN is a sedative. Thc most def can cause anxiety

Last edited:
I work as an electrician and there were many night were Id experience doubts about whether id tightened a termination securely etc .It would give me immense anxiety.Never have I returned to find a mistake. As a result of this anxiety though Ive used cannabis for years to help me sleep.
Fairly sure no one wants to hear this but almost 4 weeks ago I stopped and almost as if by magic my anxiety has disappeared. I still used CBD but have eliminated THC strains from my daily intake. Its working wonders. I do wonder if cannabis was infact causing the anxiety. I only ever used after 9pm when relaxing at home and then only a light vape or mild edible.
It does coincide with giving up eggs as I'd read that the Choline in yoke can cause some overthinking issues.

I agree with you. It does cause anxiety for some people. I just learned mind over matter. Sometimes I like to examine everything. I think in some cases it brings the subconscious/unconscious mind to the front which is why it brings up forgotten memories good and bad. If you are repressing alot it's gonna come up with weed. But if something is causing you to have undesirable results. You probably made the right decision. Maybe you just need to accept you do your job good and to not worry don't use drugs on the job obviously be clear headed level minded. My non medical professional opinion

I'm also dealing with anxiety. I'm not a big fan of cannabis, so mostly I have tried many calming teas, but none of them helped. I was pretty concerned about my situation since nothing was helping me. I thought I would have to deal with this problem for the rest of my life. But accidentally, a therapist I met recommended I buy Kratom. He said that if I take a pill a day before going to bed, it will help. I was pretty skeptical, but slowly, my anxiety started to go away. Now I feel much better. So, if you want to cure your anxiety and don't want to use cannabis, I suggest you try Kratom.

Last edited:
I agree with you. It does cause anxiety for some people. I just learned mind over matter. Sometimes I like to examine everything. I think in some cases it brings the subconscious/unconscious mind to the front which is why it brings up forgotten memories good and bad. If you are repressing alot it's gonna come up with weed. But if something is causing you to have undesirable results. You probably made the right decision. Maybe you just need to accept you do your job good and to not worry don't use drugs on the job obviously be clear headed level minded. My non medical professional opinion
What I've found is that cannabis can undermine or interrupt my coping mechanisms. Similar to what you're saying, but a slightly different angle. We can't be with our fears 24/7, so some "suppression" of emotion is functional and probably even healthy. But periodically we need to process our anxiety, and if we've been suppressing for longer periods without any processing, cannabis can inhibit our ability to suppress opening that floodgate.

The other things I've found that help with cannabis induced anxiety are let the plants mature to 20% amber (yes, that varies some depending on the strain), let it cure in the jar for at least three months, six is better, and probably most importantly, stick with Indica dominant strains -- and I've found that to be true with CBD as well as THC strains.

I only do edibles, which have a different format for how hard and long they hit. I've found cutting the desired amount in half and taking the halves 30+ minutes apart softens any "peak" hit which can be uncomfortable. I also time it so that I'm taking my meds at least 3 hours and preferably 4 hours before going to bed, so that I'm not anywhere near the peak when I close my eyes and attempt to sleep. Also a good idea since cannabis interrupts REM sleep, and we do most of our REM sleeping in the morning hours, so best if the THC is mostly out of our system by that time.

Last edited:

I'm curious how long you were taking cannabis where it worked for you the way you hoped, before it stopped working for you?

I've had periods of time where THC just did not have the desired outcome. Our brain/body chemistry seems to build up tolerance and even sometimes seems to reject things. For a while I was taking so much Ibuprofen that eventually it made me sick, some things just build up in our systems to seemingly toxic levels, and that level can very between people, and vary over time for an individual. At least that's been my experience.

Back