Seed Stockers Bob takes Seed Stockers on a BioTabs tour inside the Greenhouse - Growing Apollo Black Cherry Auto & Mack and Crack Auto

Bob's Auto's

On a breeding journey...
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The current harvest
Hey growers :toke:

A couple of weeks ago Mark sent me these...And today I got to do something with them :cheers:
1652992813140_small.jpg

1652992813135_small.jpg

1652992813132_small.jpg

Together with two new crosses from the SSSC I placed three seeds of each cultivar on a wet cotton pad, covered it with another cotton pad and placed it, covered with microwave foil, inside a closet for three days. Whish me :goodluck: friends :d5:
1654547050434_small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Last edited:
Germination
:pop:excellent I will be watching these new girls grow :goodluck:
Hehe, I almost forgot about them :rofl:
Luckily every seed hatched and looked healthy...
1654862054719_small.jpg

But the first culling happens after hatching. So these went into the garbage bin :shrug:
1654862054714_small.jpg

The others where planted into...you guessed it...A pouch. Each pouch contains two sprouts and after two weeks or so I'll make my decision which one will make the cut and be planted inside a 20L pot :thumbsup:
1654862054710_small.jpg

Regards,

Hehe, I almost forgot about them :rofl:
Luckily every seed hatched and looked healthy...
View attachment 1470346

But the first culling happens after hatching. So these went into the garbage bin :shrug:
View attachment 1470347

The others where planted into...you guessed it...A pouch. Each pouch contains two sprouts and after two weeks or so I'll make my decision which one will make the cut and be planted inside a 20L pot :thumbsup:
View attachment 1470348

Regards,

I’m a panty punch down either cat dog or slug ate stem I see your quite brutal with your selection of what you keep to grow out what was wrong with binned beans my eyes are shit?

I’m a panty punch down either cat dog or slug ate stem I see your quite brutal with your selection of what you keep to grow out what was wrong with binned beans my eyes are shit?
Doing the culling now improves the rate I end up with an amazing plant by a lot :greenthumb:
If you know that you'll be investing two, three months of your time into a plant then what is the price of one seed? We are working with living material and there's always the chance to get bad seed, but if you sow one or in my case two extra and cull, the chances improve by a lot :d5:

Things I look for are these...The seed/sprout on the upper right has some green discoloration on it's root tip. The picture doesn't show it that well as I wasn't trying to photograph it at that time...
1654862054719A_small.jpg

In this case I chose to withhold the upper right seed even though the bottom sprout also has a discoloration it's tail is much straighter and the seed shell fell off while manipulating it.
1654862054719B_small.jpg

Regards,

Hey growers :toke:

It's been warm in my greenhouse today and the next days it will only get warmer...So everything must step into gear the next days as it will get very hard for the seedlings if they stay in the pouches. So I'll be transplanting them sooner then I thought.
This afternoon I've bought four bags of lightmix (with added perlite), no extra perlite as they where out :shrug:and tomorrow I'm going to mix it all up with the right amount of Startrex and SiliciumFlash and then water in 12 liters water with Bactrex to activate the whole batch. I'll probably first run the water through my worm bin to get some extra goodies inside the mix. Two 12L casters are already put aside so the Chlorine can dissipate and I have good water to use which won't kill my bacterial cultures inside the mix...

Meanwhile in the greenhouse three of four sprouts have emerged. Guess we already know which Mac 'n Crack is going to make it :fire:
For the Apollo Black Cherry it will probably be the right one as this tad bigger, but it is still early days and I'll probably plant the whole pouch as is anyways and decide even later still...
1654975478610_small.jpg

Regards,

OK, so as I already told in this thread, I've planted the seedlings in their final pot. It's going to get so hot I need the soil as buffer so the younglings don't perish inside the greenhouse...As you can see they are side by side in one 20L pot. I'm keeping both of them until the heatwave is over. Worstcase scenario is loose one of two...:goodluck:
1655235654695_small.jpg

Ok, so taking pictures with dirty hands isn't fun. So if you already saw this picture... :gassy:
I started with digging a hole with my hands the size of the pouch and liberally dusted the hole with some Mycotrex.
Then with a pair of scissors cut the fabric from the bottom to the top open. While carefully supporting the package with my left hand I removed the fabric with my right. Then gently placing it inside the dusted hole.
1655235654713_small.jpg

When all seedlings where planted in the same maner as described above I inserted three BioTabs in each pot. The depth between 5 and 15cm / 2 and 6inch.
Finally I mixed up 5L of water with five leveled teaspoons of Bactrex and watered that around the seedlings making sure not to disturb the lightmix they're in.
1655235654678_small.jpg

Regards,

Hey SeedStockers fans!! :welcome:

The seedlings have been in their final pots for about five days now...And all have survived the hot spell. Some even managed to grow a bit despite the harsh conditions... :deadhorse:
Apollo Black Cherry - day 8
1655642114905_small.jpg

All I need to do is make sure the soil is in this condition. Not to wet and not to dry.
Mac 'n Crack - day 8
1655642114901_small.jpg

Regards,

Hey friends :d5:

We're two day further along and these little ones are starting to show some differences. The one in the back with the crooked leaf is going to have to go. I don't trust that one :shooty:
Apollo Black Cherry - day 10
1655820792930_small.jpg

Apollo Black Cherry - day 10
1655820792927_small.jpg

In this case I'll probably keep the right one as it's a tad bigger...
Mac 'n Crack - day 10
1655820792925_small.jpg

Mac 'n Crack - day 10
1655820792922_small.jpg

Regards,

Back