Dutch Passion Bob's Dutch Passion Grow - Auto Trichome & Cream and Auto Mimosa Punch on BioTabs

Day 36
Hey AFN Fam :bighug:

Everything is going on auto pilot inside the tent. The last three days I've only had to check on the time lapse footage and my Blynk app to see that everything is going perfect...I've found my way of growing in BioTabs, I've seen the light brothers and sisters. Why I ever thought I could replace mother nature...So stupid of me :wall:

I had to water the pots today as it was about time to weigh them and they felt light. So I took 5L dechlorinated water, added two heaped teaspoons of Bactrex to it and gave it a good shake. Slowly distributing the liquid over the soil as not to create dry pockets and let everything soak in instead of running through the medium into the tray. :thumbsup:

After all that hard work it was time to take me some pictures...
The canopy is looking amazing and there are countless budsites emerging and expanding. Have a look for yourself
Auto Mimosa Punch - day 36
1666269142214 _small.jpg

1666269142211 _small.jpg

Auto Trichome & Cream - Day 36
1666269142206 _small.jpg

Auto Do-Si-Dos - Day 36
1666269142202 _small.jpg

1666269142197 _small.jpg

Amnesia Something somthing - Day 36
1666269142194 _small.jpg

I'm not calling it early flower yet, but we're getting there...
1666269142187 _small.jpg

1666269142184 _small.jpg

1666269142178 _small.jpg

1666269142174 _small.jpg

1666269142166 _small.jpg

1666269142169 _small.jpg

This is what the tent looks like now. I've done nothing except water the lot since I've SCROGged...And there's still loads of room for those buds to form and grow big!!
1666269142218 _small.jpg

After taking the pictures it was time to siphon off the water that did drain through the pots into the tray. Must have been about 200ml not much more...
The humidity inside, since I watered the ladies has been on the high side, but that will level out in the coming hours...Temperature is good though :thumbsup:
1666269218801 _small.jpg

And to finish this post off...Another time lapse. Duration = 68 hours, speed = 25fps. Enjoy watching that canopy grow!! :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Early Flower - Day 39
Hey Friends :cheers:

How's everything going with you guys? Everything is going well inside the tent.
I sprayed the ladies with some Boom Boom Spray on Friday and again...This product does wonders to the plants. Down below in the time lapse you'll see at around 11 seconds that the leaves get wet...After that, growth accelerates immensely :d5:

Let's begin with an overview of the canopy. Which looks nice and even...
1666543442277 _small.jpg

Flower has set in. And the ladies are definitely producing a massive amount of bud sites...
1666543442272 _small.jpg

1666543442268 _small.jpg

The smell in the tent is amazing. Don't know exactly which lady is producing it, but it sure is a treat for the nostrils.
1666543442261 _small.jpg

1666543442256 _small.jpg

1666543442251 _small.jpg

I did remove some leaves underneath the netting...
1666543442244 _small.jpg

1666543442240 _small.jpg

...But even these are still looking perfectly green. :thumbsup:
1666543442234 _small.jpg

Here and there I also removed a bigger fan leave opening up some space for the bud sites to expand.
1666543442227 _small.jpg

Today I gave the ladies their first taste of PK Booster Compost Tee, which sat brewing for the last 30 hours. Each pot received 1L of tea siphoned slowly from the 5L canister in which the tea was brewed. I made sure I didn't siphon any of the sediment of the tea as I feel this would be to much already for the ladies. This way they can adapt more slowly to the alternate nutrient schedule. :eyebrows:
1666543442221 _small.jpg

1666543442216 _small.jpg

Also adjusted the power output to almost 75%
1666543442204 _small.jpg

And I also turned the dial up on the extraction fan.
1666543442190 _small.jpg

This results in a nice warm summer temperature and almost perfect humidity. Luckily I still have a way to go on the extraction fan's potmeter.
1666543442185 _small.jpg

And let's finish todays post with another time lapse. Duration = 76 hours, speed = 25fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Day 41
Your plants look great mate! Spot on, well executed screen of green! :thumbsup:

Practice makes perfect right brother!
Thank you Antonio for these kind words! I can honestly say that this is by far looking to be the best grow till date.
And with reused soil from last season of all things! Just amazing...How the BioTabs nutrient line brought my soil back to life. This is Organic growing at it's finest and as if it were made for Stoners...Look at those green leaves and all achieved with plain unadulterated tapwater. Oh and no fussing around with Acid is making my missus happy. My pH pen is probably dried up by now as it hasn't been used for almost a year now :yay:

By turning the lights up to 75% my pictures start to show some glare...so for taking the pictures, I turned it down to 50%. But not for this picture :shrug:
These ladies have grown substantially and are looking perfect! But I would like to make use of the gathered knowledge on AFN and ask the more advanced SCROGgers out there if I should defoliate again or let them be...I'm not sure and don't want to f#(k up a good thing...So, I've tagged some people, but if you have any input I would be grateful :bow:
1666795539008 _small.jpg

Lovely...isn't she? :hump:
1666795538998 _small.jpg

This is what we like to see, no? :kiss:
1666795538993 _small.jpg

1666795538989 _small.jpg

1666795538985 _small.jpg

1666795538981 _small.jpg

1666795538974 _small.jpg

Ok, enough bud p0rn...This is why I'm worried
1666795538970 _small.jpg

I've done such a thorough job pushing everything at the right moment under the SCROG, that everything that sticks out above the netting is producing pistils. Now I do think they are all about finished stretching, so I'm not worried that they're to close to the light as there's no signs of burning or anything. But I am worried that, because of the beautiful green foliage, there will not be enough light reaching the lower parts of those bud sites...
1666795538966 _small.jpg

This soil looks dry and the pots are not feeling to heavy, but have a look just a mere fingernail deep into the soil...
1666795538959 _small.jpg

The plants are happy, but so is the soil...And what do we see. If you have a closer look... :d5:
1666795538954 _small.jpg

Not one, but three compost worms wriggling around...These are also a big part of this Organic grow. They munch away at dead material, extrude fine readily available nutrients and keep the soil oxygenated by borrowing through it.
1666795538950 _small.jpg

Because of all that foliage I had to turn up the extraction fan a bit more...
1666795538942 _small.jpg

And the TS-1000 went to 75%. It was already hovering just below it, but now it's summer inside the tent :headbang:
1666795538938 _small.jpg

I'm running out of room for the time lapse camera. This weekend I'll try to mount it on the upper horizontal beam of the tent.
If there's any interest in a speeded up time lapse of the entire grow until now, or maybe one in the end of this grow of the entire grow, please let me know and I'll do my best to oblige. But for now this will have to do. Duration = 70 hours, speed = 25 fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

@420autoflower, @annamaried14, @Antonio_DutchPassion, @Atomic Phaze, @BioTabs, @Blamtasm, @bulldog1952, @Dankerson, @Dell boy , @Don't Fear the Reefer, @eeeceegee, @Grassgrower15, @Growtogrow, @hecno, @HippyHemulen, @jeremybarrix, @Jezbong, @kfigerm, @Minime2020, @Mossy, @NAGreengo, @nizmoKush, @pop22, @proustdreams, @Raimond, @Redeye Master, @Saro01, @snerval, @St. Tom, @Talonxracer, @Tasha lamour, @TrichomeAssassin, @Vapo, @Wanda4, @Xmas, @Zaaboot, @zweibeir

Last edited:
Thank you Antonio for these kind words! I can honestly say that this is by far looking to be the best grow till date.
And with reused soil from last season of all things! Just amazing...How the BioTabs nutrient line brought my soil back to life. This is Organic growing at it's finest and as if it were made for Stoners...Look at those green leaves and all achieved with plain unadulterated tapwater. Oh and no fussing around with Acid is making my missus happy. My pH pen is probably dried up by now as it hasn't been used for almost a year now :yay:

By turning the lights up to 75% my pictures start to show some glare...so for taking the pictures, I turned it down to 50%. But not for this picture :shrug:
These ladies have grown substantially and are looking perfect! But I would like to make use of the gathered knowledge on AFN and ask the more advanced SCROGgers out there if I should defoliate again or let them be...I'm not sure and don't want to f#(k up a good thing...So, I've tagged some people, but if you have any input I would be grateful :bow:
View attachment 1531594

Lovely...isn't she? :hump:
View attachment 1531596

This is what we like to see, no? :kiss:
View attachment 1531597

View attachment 1531598

View attachment 1531599

View attachment 1531600

View attachment 1531601

Ok, enough bud p0rn...This is why I'm worried
View attachment 1531602

I've done such a thorough job pushing everything at the right moment under the SCROG, that everything that sticks out above the netting is producing pistils. Now I do think they are all about finished stretching, so I'm not worried that they're to close to the light as there's no signs of burning or anything. But I am worried that, because of the beautiful green foliage, there will not be enough light reaching the lower parts of those bud sites...
View attachment 1531603

This soil looks dry and the pots are not feeling to heavy, but have a look just a mere fingernail deep into the soil...
View attachment 1531604

The plants are happy, but so is the soil...And what do we see. If you have a closer look... :d5:
View attachment 1531605

Not one, but three compost worms wriggling around...These are also a big part of this Organic grow. They munch away at dead material, extrude fine readily available nutrients and keep the soil oxygenated by borrowing through it.
View attachment 1531606

Because of all that foliage I had to turn up the extraction fan a bit more...
View attachment 1531607

And the TS-1000 went to 75%. It was already hovering just below it, but now it's summer inside the tent :headbang:
View attachment 1531608

I'm running out of room for the time lapse camera. This weekend I'll try to mount it on the upper horizontal beam of the tent.
If there's any interest in a speeded up time lapse of the entire grow until now, or maybe one in the end of this grow of the entire grow, please let me know and I'll do my best to oblige. But for now this will have to do. Duration = 70 hours, speed = 25 fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

@420autoflower, @annamaried14, @Antonio_DutchPassion, @Atomic Phaze, @BioTabs, @Blamtasm, @bulldog1952, @Dankerson, @Dell boy , @Don't Fear the Reefer, @eeeceegee, @Grassgrower15, @Growtogrow, @hecno, @HippyHemulen, @jeremybarrix, @Jezbong, @kfigerm, @Minime2020, @Mossy, @NAGreengo, @nizmoKush, @pop22, @proustdreams, @Raimond, @Redeye Master, @Saro01, @snerval, @St. Tom, @Talonxracer, @Tasha lamour, @TrichomeAssassin, @Vapo, @Wanda4, @Xmas, @Zaaboot, @zweibeir

Looking good bod that's a lovely canopy ypu got there

I always try to be careful with taking away too many leaves during this period.
It's kind of the start of the bulkphase, where the plants start to invest heavily in the development of the flowers (it sets the tone for the remaining part of the flowering period).

The more solar panels they have, the more light they can catch, the bigger the flowers can become during this first/second phase.
Personally I would only take away leaves that are in place where you have multiple layers of foliage on top of each other, and it is blocking important budsites (or causing stale air pockets/moist on the leaves)

Also, instead of taking away many big fan leafs (cq solar panels) you can also manually trim then and take 1/3 off for example.
The same you do as when cutting clones. It is about finding the right balance where light can shine/bounce through and not loosing too many leaves at once (stress and less photosynthesis).

If you have big plants in a big room, you can easily pick of more leaves but in such a small area with a certain amount of leafs per plant it is best to tread lightly.

And besides that, you can always take away a few leafs in a few weeks time if the canopy becomes even more crowded because of the development of the flowers.

Thanks friends :bighug:

I always try to be careful with taking away too many leaves during this period.
It's kind of the start of the bulkphase, where the plants start to invest heavily in the development of the flowers (it sets the tone for the remaining part of the flowering period).

The more solar panels they have, the more light they can catch, the bigger the flowers can become during this first/second phase.
Thanks buddy!! Got the same advice from Karel btw :thumbsup:
In the greenhouse it's easy...Leave every leaf hanging on the plant until it's falls off or looks sick. Indoors, with artificial lighting it's always a trade-off as the light can't penetrate the canopy as with sunlight. But I am listening to you both and will leave them leaves alone...for now :fire:
The canopy is exploding momentarily...Thought stretching would be over by now, but the bud sites are reaching for the light, as if they can't get enough of it. Light junkies...By the end of the week I'll be treating them one last time with the Boom Boom Spray and then it's hands off...
Y0070694 _small.JPG

Day 43
Hey Friends :pass:

The end of the week has arrived and so I treated my ladies again with the Boom Boom Spray. Soaked them really guuud, both from above and below. :shooty:
1666984217750 _small.jpg

These ladies stretched so much that I needed to be creative in raising the TS-1000 to it's maximum height. You'll see in a moment how twisted it's hanging, but at least it's hanging level enough. :biggrin:
1666984217738 _small.jpg

Buds are starting to get form and one can see what the near future has in stock for me... :thumbsup:
1666984217732 _small.jpg

I can't say for certain which is which, but you can see that the Amnesia in the left back corner has caught up on the other ladies...
1666984217721 _small.jpg

To much light above, but I wanted you guys to see below...
1666984217709 _small.jpg

...Nice and clean. And no bud sites below the netting.
1666984217702 _small.jpg

I did remove a couple of smaller shoots as I found that they wouldn't produce much and as I said before and will say again, redirect the energy towards more deserving parts of the plant. :thumbsup:
1666984217693 _small.jpg

And as you can see, light enough beneath the canopy. Lights don't need to get brighter then this...Or do they....:fire:
1666984217687 _small.jpg

Didn't touch the dial today, but did open a vent on the upper left side of the tent. This will create a better passage of lower resistance for the air in the lung room to get in from above and this will lower the humidity even more. :shrug:
1666984217677 _small.jpg

I thought I had a better picture then this, but you can see the top bar of the tent. This light can't get higher!! Thought I turned it to 75%, but seemingly I was mistaken...Oh well, a tad more can't hurt, no? :pop: :hump:
Also rehung the action camera and so you'll be able to see a final time lapse from the left corner in just a moment. This one as well, can't be hung any higher, so if plant parts start to disappear from future time lapses...I'm sorry, but it's the best I can do :coffee:
1666984217664 _small.jpg

Momentarily the humidity is out of whack, but this will settle down in a couple of hours after the Boom Boom Spray has been absorbed by the leaves. The temperature will also rise to about 26.8 - 27.2°C / 80.2°F - 81°F. So this will become the perfect dry and hot environment for the buds to develop.
1666984302715 _small.jpg

And last but not least we arrive at todays time lapse. Duration = 50 hours, speed = 25fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Back