Dutch Passion Bob's Dutch Passion Grow - Auto Trichome & Cream and Auto Mimosa Punch on BioTabs

Day 55
Hey Friends :pass:

After four days of letting the soil dry out a bit and leaving the tent alone I came back to this. Several leaves have started to wilt and fall off.
When all them old leaves were removed, I checked the soil and could go deep before I came into contact with darker soil. It was time to give them some water, Bactrex and a dash of Bio PK 5-8. It's actually the remainder of the 5L I made last weekend and must have given them 250-300ml per plant.
1667996559583 _small.jpg

The difference between last week and today amazing if you compare the buds in time. Expansion is really taking in effect :yay:
1667996559496 _small.jpg

The Amnesia could be having more lightstress than the others, she is situated very close to the light and it wouldn't surprise me if you are hitting well above 1000PPFD there, the clawing leaves and the dark veins with more lightgreen blades could be a sign of too many photons hitting her (as well as a bit of overwatering). With a high probability of the combination of the two.
I followed your advise and super cropped the branches of the highest tops. That way I had more maneuverability with the tops. I'm still going to wait a bit longer before I remove those leaves, unless you say they could be harmful to the plant if I leave them on?
1667996559517 _small.jpg

Again an attempt to show the entire bud site from the top of the foliage right through down to the bottom, but light and dark play games with my phone. :shrug:
They sure look perty ♥ ♥ ♥
1667996559532 _small.jpg

A better attempt... :gary:
1667996559573 _small.jpg

They sure look like troll heads don't they
1668007246232.png

1667996559508 _small.jpg

Have a look at those pistils. No signs that production is slowing down on them... :headbang:
1667996559501 _small.jpg

I did the same super cropping on these long branches, making it easier to get them where they have to be. :woohoo1:
1667996559524 _small.jpg

The time lapse of today is from last Saturday until now. I sped up the fps as to show bud production at it's finest. Just amazing how they are expanding...
Speed = 120fps, duration = 115 hours. Please enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Hey Friends :pass:

After four days of letting the soil dry out a bit and leaving the tent alone I came back to this. Several leaves have started to wilt and fall off.
When all them old leaves were removed, I checked the soil and could go deep before I came into contact with darker soil. It was time to give them some water, Bactrex and a dash of Bio PK 5-8. It's actually the remainder of the 5L I made last weekend and must have given them 250-300ml per plant.
View attachment 1536353

The difference between last week and today amazing if you compare the buds in time. Expansion is really taking in effect :yay:
View attachment 1536354

I followed your advise and super cropped the branches of the highest tops. That way I had more maneuverability with the tops. I'm still going to wait a bit longer before I remove those leaves, unless you say they could be harmful to the plant if I leave them on?
View attachment 1536355

Again an attempt to show the entire bud site from the top of the foliage right through down to the bottom, but light and dark play games with my phone. :shrug:
They sure look perty ♥ ♥ ♥
View attachment 1536356

A better attempt... :gary:
View attachment 1536360

They sure look like troll heads don't they View attachment 1536361
View attachment 1536357

Have a look at those pistils. No signs that production is slowing down on them... :headbang:
View attachment 1536358

I did the same super cropping on these long branches, making it easier to get them where they have to be. :woohoo1:
View attachment 1536359

The time lapse of today is from last Saturday until now. I sped up the fps as to show bud production at it's finest. Just amazing how they are expanding...
Speed = 120fps, duration = 115 hours. Please enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Looking really good in there Bob! :thumbsup:
I wouldn’t worry to much about removing any leaves, your plants look very healthy and they can take a heavy defoliation without a problem. Here is my scrogged Beaver tester and she’s been schwazzed twice without any issues.

Before first schwazz
1668009726503.jpeg
1668009763197.jpeg

After schwazz (R/H dropped 20% after leaf strip)
1668009872047.jpeg

Before second schwazz
1668010127645.jpeg

After
1668010168698.jpeg

Here she is yesterday one week after the second schwazz
1668010326158.jpeg

Looking really good in there Bob! :thumbsup:
I wouldn’t worry to much about removing any leaves, your plants look very healthy and they can take a heavy defoliation without a problem. Here is my scrogged Beaver tester and she’s been schwazzed twice without any issues.

Before first schwazz
View attachment 1536369View attachment 1536370

After schwazz (R/H dropped 20% after leaf strip)
View attachment 1536371

Before second schwazz
View attachment 1536373

After
View attachment 1536374

Here she is yesterday one week after the second schwazz
View attachment 1536375
How old were they when you gave them their second 'schwazz'? rofl...schwazz :rofl: Because it looks to me that the timing for the defoliation is important. Not to early as not to remove those solar panels and slow down growth and not to late as by then you can't recover from that damage before they are finished...

Those plants look amazing and this is what I'm trying to accomplish with mine. Would love to see a sea of buds...Mhmmmm, buds...

Thanks for sharing brother!!

Last edited:
How old were they when you gave them their second 'schwazz'? rofl...schwazz :rofl: Because it looks to me that the timing for the defoliation is important. Not to early as not to remove those solar panels and slow down growth and not to late as by then you can't recover from that damage before they are finished...

Those plants look amazing and this is what I'm trying to accomplish with mine. Would love to see a sea of buds...Mhmmmm, buds...

Thanks for sharing brother!!
Thanks Bob! :thumbsup:
I usually do the first leaf strip around the second week of flower and the last one towards the end of the fourth week of flower. After that the plants start slowing down on growing leaves and concentrate more on bud production. During veg and early flower I do a lot of leaf tucking and minor leaf plucking but won’t go heavy on the defoliation until I start seeing the little budlets forming on the tops. If I notice I have plants that have the potential of growing tall I’ll do the first leaf strip earlier to slow them down on their pre-flower stretch.
Now would be a perfect time to strip your girls down if you’re considering doing a heavy defoliation. :nono:

Hey Bob please could I have some time laspe settings help I thought I had it set up but I didn't :rofl:

Hey Bob please could I have some time laspe settings help I thought I had it set up but I didn't :rofl:
You mean camera settings? If so, Photo timelapse. One picture every 5 minutes. Don't mess with the light measurement, this can be altered in post production. Set the resolution to it's highest, mine is 4000x3000 pixels. And if possible connect an external power supply to the camera.

Day 58
Hey friends :cheers:

I cut the knot and went to work 'schwazzing' in the tent...Brrr.....What an awful feeling I get while plucking those leaves. :deadhorse:
I removed quite some leaves, maybe not enough for a 'full' schwazzing...
1668270828599 _small.jpg

...But still enough to open that canopy up and get some light and energy to where it needs to be...
Also supercropped the hell out of all those lengthy ladies so they are now mostly in line with the other shoots.
Oh, and I finally adjusted that stupid usb cable so it wouldn't be in the time lapse anymore :wall:
1668270828660 _small.jpg

Do-Si-Dos Auto
1668270828608 _small.jpg

Do-Si-Dos Auto
1668270828652 _small.jpg

Auto Mimosa Punch
1668270828627 _small.jpg

Auto Mimosa Punch
1668270828646 _small.jpg

Auto Trichome & Cream
1668270828640 _small.jpg

Auto Trichome & Cream
1668270828632 _small.jpg

The Amnesia Something something got the worst of it all. While supercropping I split her main stem. But, that main shoot has been shoved down quite a bit, so I'm not worried.
1668270828615 _small.jpg

I guess undressing these ladies made it hot and steamy inside the tent as humidity has spiked since. I do think this will drop down again and level out to 55% or lower, but we'll have to see that tomorrow.
1668270828593 _small.jpg

Today's time lapse...Duration 73 hours, speed = 25fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Hey friends :cheers:

I cut the knot and went to work 'schwazzing' in the tent...Brrr.....What an awful feeling I get while plucking those leaves. :deadhorse:
I removed quite some leaves, maybe not enough for a 'full' schwazzing...
View attachment 1537361

...But still enough to open that canopy up and get some light and energy to where it needs to be...
Also supercropped the hell out of all those lengthy ladies so they are now mostly in line with the other shoots.
Oh, and I finally adjusted that stupid usb cable so it wouldn't be in the time lapse anymore :wall:
View attachment 1537362

Do-Si-Dos Auto
View attachment 1537363

Do-Si-Dos Auto
View attachment 1537370

Auto Mimosa Punch
View attachment 1537364

Auto Mimosa Punch
View attachment 1537369

Auto Trichome & Cream
View attachment 1537365

Auto Trichome & Cream
View attachment 1537368

The Amnesia Something something got the worst of it all. While supercropping I split her main stem. But, that main shoot has been shoved down quite a bit, so I'm not worried.
View attachment 1537367

I guess undressing these ladies made it hot and steamy inside the tent as humidity has spiked since. I do think this will drop down again and level out to 55% or lower, but we'll have to see that tomorrow.
View attachment 1537371

Today's time lapse...Duration 73 hours, speed = 25fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Lol! I knew you would have a hard time cutting or plucking all of your precious leaves.
Looks really good in there now bro… so much more light penetration and airflow going down to the bottom of your canopy.
Just remember we here to grow buds… not foliage. :nono:

You mean camera settings? If so, Photo timelapse. One picture every 5 minutes. Don't mess with the light measurement, this can be altered in post production. Set the resolution to it's highest, mine is 4000x3000 pixels. And if possible connect an external power supply to the camera.
Sweet thank you very much friend :bighug:

Back